**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you like the new UI?

Comments

• ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 613 ★★
    It's okay

I might be biased, but I really like it :tongue:

Is it your own opinion or somebody pointed something to your head :wink:
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Yes, love it
    I like it
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    It's okay
    I’m ok with any change to the menus. I agree that they are small but it doesn’t change anything when I’m switching between menus.

I’m not ok with the new special blue button.

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I don’t mind it.

It’s a work in process , I’m sure it’ll get better.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Downright ugly

If you guys remember back when they changed to the previous UI, everyone screamed the game was dead.. Seal it up. Bury it. We grew to love it. Personally I love the new UI. Everything loads just a bit faster and my game is less laggy.
    Kabam doing something is better than Kabam doing nothing. The game is stale without changes like this. 9/10 guys.

My game doesn't have things loading faster now, it is slower for me. Switching champs in the pre-fight champ selection screen takes about 10 seconds and loading into and out of fights takes about 20-30 seconds each. That is an insane amount of time per fight.

I don't know if Kabam somehow broke the memory leak fix for Android because it doesn't seem to be all the time but gets worse the longer I have played, but that never used to happen to me to this extreme.

I use a Moto G Power with Android 11.
  • Billotch13Billotch13 Posts: 125
    edited January 2022
    Not a fan of it
    A missed opportunity to improve in-game news/announcements/communications. I would have utilized the big middle area or even added a new button to "what's new" for critical communications (the AW postponement for example). Kabam is way to reliant on posting important updates in this forum when I would guess the majority of players never visit. Just my 2 cents. Also the font sizing is all over the place. A little consistency perhaps.
  • The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    edited January 2022
    Downright ugly
    They are unreasonably small and green looked better. Also all the buttons which emitted light earlier are now plain green. Also I'm not in support of three champions on home page, I liked the rotatable one champion more.
  • B4nanaJoB4nanaJo Posts: 89
    Not a big fan, menu is too small, liked the units the way they were.
    Also, the background for the inner menus could be something less busy.
    But I welcome the improvements we’ve seen.
    Would love to see catalyst crystals get their own tab and more division of items.
  • Sunnyz_786Sunnyz_786 Posts: 260
    Yes, love it

I might be biased, but I really like it :tongue:

I agree I actually really like it and it's always nice to see improvements like this as ultimately it helps improve the game and just gotta say thanks and keep it up team kabam 👍 and you zero 👍 and you miike 👍
  • IgnobleIgnoble Posts: 79
    Not a fan of it
    I think there’s some unusual scaling atm that drives me away from the updated UI atm, but they get fixed I think it’ll be much better
    And on an unrelated note, fewer loading screens that load quicker is :pogchamp:
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Not a fan of it

Why are quest continue buttons no longer brighter. Same for claim in objectives

That is a good point, actually.

I would easily forget I had rewards to claim.
  • ChadBuster72ChadBuster72 Posts: 27
    Not a fan of it
    On my iPad, it isn’t too bad, but on my iPhone 12 Pro, it sucks because now the buttons are too small.

Why sit and make all these visual changes when the real focus should be game STABILITY. This includes blocking, parry, not lunging forward, having the special button actually know it’s being tapped. You know, necessary things like that. I could give two squirts if buttons are different color or stay large forever or if Captain America looks slightly different.

One change I would like to see immediately as far as game layout, is move the overflow to the left and the trophy to the right. Too many times I can’t see the overflow box and then miss out on using or trading the expiring items. I don’t care about a stupid trophy or how many thousands low I am in the rankings.
  • qrlsqrls Posts: 40
    edited January 2022
    Not a fan of it

I think this is phone related. I am using an iPhone 13 pro and it’s smooth af

Haven't heard of anyone saying it's smooth in my alliance nor any players that I know yet.
    And if it's a case with phones, that means it's a proven failure, that is to say.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,251 ★★★★
    It's okay
    I guess its ok.. the smaller menu feels sort of squish together somehow.. loading still takes time.. some slight visual effects when going from menu and champion visual are a nice touch.. but most importantly is when will the controls be stable.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Downright ugly
    Morningstar got a new weapon lol.

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    The icons are too small and the "Claim" buttons being dull makes it harder to quickly select rewards.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    _Sham_ said:

TheVyrus said:

_Sham_ said:

TheVyrus said:

It feels designed to make us do more clicking, and personally that is one thing I truly hate among web services. I always tell my development team at work to minimize the number of clicks clients need to use, but they take the same attitude of not caring about user experience. It is what it is.

but we have less click now. Before we had to go to home each time to go somewhere. Now menu is accessible from anywhere.
    That was never my experience. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but the menu has always been pull down. The extra clicks I see is that menu that replaces the scrolling windows I never had to touch.
    No there wasn't. you had to click on the icon which loaded the home screen with tabs then you click on tab you wanted.

Now it is drop doqn menu which bring you where you want without going to home screen.
    Wrong.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Not a fan of it
    I am sorry if striker button does not fit that thread, but move it away from special attack button. It is too close and hard to not to miss these buttons. For example upper left corner
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Downright ugly
    Buttons are too small.
    Unit amount font size is completely disproportionate.
    Continue buttons don’t glow like they used too.

It might end up ok but right now it’s a mess.
  • Yes, love it

Well the quick tab change comes with multi tasking now xD
    https://youtu.be/YvxQl4aJj3U

Hey @Amazing_Demon05 are you getting this consistently? I tried a couple of ways to get it but didn't see what you had. If you can give me some more info I'll look into getting it fixed.
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    It's okay
    The animations look choppy, and the UI is too small

I like the faster loading times but not a huge fan of everything else

a few small changes could go a long way
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Downright ugly
    It looks very drab and/or dystopian.
  • Oops_I_DidOops_I_Did Posts: 13
    It's okay
    It is ok. I would rather have the game fix then anew GUI. What does the GUI do for me? Nothing. Having a game that has so many errors is no longer fun
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Downright ugly
    Animations between menus are choppy.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Downright ugly

Well the quick tab change comes with multi tasking now xD
    https://youtu.be/YvxQl4aJj3U

Hey @Amazing_Demon05 are you getting this consistently? I tried a couple of ways to get it but didn't see what you had. If you can give me some more info I'll look into getting it fixed.
    I have another issue that seems to have started/gotten worse since the GUI update that is unrelated to this post specifically, but since the update my chat selection at the bottom of the screen(I have global off but between alliance chat and aq chat) is not being maintained much more frequently than before.

It used to be an occasional thing that I would have to switch back from alliance to aq (I always stay in the aq chat when it is running) within the same aq day when closing and returning to the game later or even having to go into the side menu to switch out of disabled global back in to alliance chat so the swiping at the bottom of the screen would work again. Since the update at least 50 - 75% of the time I close the game and reopen it I am not in the chat I left it in anymore. I am not talking about a day of aq ending and then coming back on and being in alliance chat again before joining the new day of aq, this is within the same 24 hour aq cycle that it doesn't maintain my chat selection.

I am not sure if I explained what I mean clearly but if you don't understand and have questions for me please tag me so I see your response.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Not a fan of it
    It isn't the most user-friendly.