**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's the easiest variant to start with?

I just became Cavalier a couple days ago and really want to start doing some Variants, which one would be easiest for my roster?

Comments

• Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    Theoretically speaking either the Hero variant ( V6) and the Villain one ( V7). This is because you already have quite a few good champs for beating them.

Prof X, HB, Torch, Quake and Sunspot for the hero one. Magik and SorcSupreme are also good but you'll need to rank them up a bit more. Maybe even Jabari too can be useful. Do Variant 6 first and with these champs and then, with the gems u get from it, rank up more villains so u can do Variant 7. Read below for which villains to rank.

Doom, Ultron ( bring HB for synergy, even if he's a hero, you just need him for synergy) and Red Magneto are all clutch for V7. Theoretically you could do it with only these three but try to rank them up first if you can. Dock Ock and Omega Red are good too but they need to be duped in order to be of any use, no point ranking them up and bringing them to the variant if you you dont dupe them ( OR actually needs very high sig to be useful). Use the 5* shards u get from Variant 6 and other sources to open Tech/Cosmic 5* crystals and hope to pull Ghost, Venom, King Groot or Corvus, any of these will all be very useful for this variant. Terrax too but he needs to be duped and with a highish sig. Alternatively, you could open Mutant/Skill and hope u get a MoleMan , Kingpin or Apocalypse, any if these will be of great help too. Kingpin needs the dupe though.

Once you have a set of at least 4-6 r4 5* villains ( from the list I just mentioned) you'll be ready to give V7 a go. Do you have a low level 5* or 4* Mister fantastic? If you do, there is one path in V7 that can be cheesed just with a Doom with Mr F. Synergy ( sorry I don't remember which path it is). Mr F. wont do anything in the quest, mind you, he's just there for synergy so doesn't matter if he's an unranked 4*

The general advice for both V6 and V7 is first and foremost to stockpile pots and revives. Watch YouTube guides on how to beat theese Variants. KT1 has some pretty good guides on this topic. Dont rush it, study the guides, take all the time you need to gather rezzes and pots, farm RoL for pots if need be and try one quest/path at a time. If you found it too hard and had to use many pots then take your time to stock up on them again, study carefully the guides and then go at it again. Rinse and repeat, you'll eventually do it. I know you can, just take it easy and don't t rush yourself to it.

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Either the villian or mystic one
  • Options
    D3fuD3fu Posts: 49

Theoretically speaking either the Hero variant ( V6) and the Villain one ( V7). This is because you already have quite a few good champs for beating them.

Prof X, HB, Torch, Quake and Sunspot for the hero one. Magik and SorcSupreme are also good but you'll need to rank them up a bit more. Maybe even Jabari too can be useful. Do Variant 6 first and with these champs and then, with the gems u get from it, rank up more villains so u can do Variant 7. Read below for which villains to rank.

Doom, Ultron ( bring HB for synergy, even if he's a hero, you just need him for synergy) and Red Magneto are all clutch for V7. Theoretically you could do it with only these three but try to rank them up first if you can. Dock Ock and Omega Red are good too but they need to be duped in order to be of any use, no point ranking them up and bringing them to the variant if you you dont dupe them ( OR actually needs very high sig to be useful). Use the 5* shards u get from Variant 6 and other sources to open Tech/Cosmic 5* crystals and hope to pull Ghost, Venom, King Groot or Corvus, any of these will all be very useful for this variant. Terrax too but he needs to be duped and with a highish sig. Alternatively, you could open Mutant/Skill and hope u get a MoleMan , Kingpin or Apocalypse, any if these will be of great help too. Kingpin needs the dupe though.

Once you have a set of at least 4-6 r4 5* villains ( from the list I just mentioned) you'll be ready to give V7 a go. Do you have a low level 5* or 4* Mister fantastic? If you do, there is one path in V7 that can be cheesed just with a Doom with Mr F. Synergy ( sorry I don't remember which path it is). Mr F. wont do anything in the quest, mind you, he's just there for synergy so doesn't matter if he's an unranked 4*

The general advice for both V6 and V7 is first and foremost to stockpile pots and revives. Watch YouTube guides on how to beat theese Variants. KT1 has some pretty good guides on this topic. Dont rush it, study the guides, take all the time you need to gather rezzes and pots, farm RoL for pots if need be and try one quest/path at a time. If you found it too hard and had to use many pots then take your time to stock up on them again, study carefully the guides and then go at it again. Rinse and repeat, you'll eventually do it. I know you can, just take it easy and don't t rush yourself to it.

Hope it helps.

Thank you, this helps a lot. I already have Mole Man duped just haven't ranked him up at all, and I also have 3 skill awakening gems for other 5*s. I do have a Mr. Fantastic yes, thanks for the help I appreciate it!
  • Options
    D3fuD3fu Posts: 49

Hope it helps.

I think the hero one is V7 and the villain one is V6 btw
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    I always thought variant 4 was the easiest... but some of the older ones aren't worth the rewards.