**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vp

Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Does venompool offer anything different if one already have venom ranked up?? Does one should still rank up vp??
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 ★★
    Both are pretty much the same, except you would prefer vp over venom for longer fights.
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158

Venopool in my opinion is better than venom
    He has everything that venom has plus more
    He just takes one sp3 ramp up and he's good to go
    Also has a humongous bleed off his sp3 that you can pause if you're even semi aggressive
    The stealing armor for regen ability is a lot more useful than i thought before and came handy is manyyy situations
    Also he absolutely eats the new variant (pun intended)
    I literally did every fight in variant 8 using vp, every single one for completion and did not feel any problem at all
    And he's just infinitely more fun to use and has a more satisfying outcome than venom imo

Forgive my ignorance but does venompool counter evade from spiderverse champs? I'm not hating on him or anything just curious
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Everyone will tell ya venom is better than VP since he’s been here longer. I feel like VP is better overall as his buffs are less rng based, have more value besides armor up, pretty nice synergies with HT, iceman, etc. He’s better for content with higher healthpools which is becoming more common, but venom has the higher DPS as he has bleeds that stack nicely. I would say they are both valuable to have ranked up together anyway but i been using my VP quite a bit and enjoy him. Coming from a guy with r5 5* venom and the 6* at r2
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★

Venopool in my opinion is better than venom
    He has everything that venom has plus more
    He just takes one sp3 ramp up and he's good to go
    Also has a humongous bleed off his sp3 that you can pause if you're even semi aggressive
    The stealing armor for regen ability is a lot more useful than i thought before and came handy is manyyy situations
    Also he absolutely eats the new variant (pun intended)
    I literally did every fight in variant 8 using vp, every single one for completion and did not feel any problem at all
    And he's just infinitely more fun to use and has a more satisfying outcome than venom imo

Forgive my ignorance but does venompool counter evade from spiderverse champs? I'm not hating on him or anything just curious
    Yes
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    They differ slightly. I will compare them rather lengthily because I love them both.

What they share:
    - Spiderverse evade counter
    - buff consumption+regen
    - many unique permanent buffs
    - massive base HP
    - reroll last buff on heavy
    - immune to powerdrain against techs

What only Venom has:
    - heal from every eaten buff
    - gives bleeds on crit attacks
    - gets buffs faster
    - always starts with Klyntar buff on (so ignore Spiderverse evade from start)

What only VP has:
    - eat more than one buff on each SP1 hit (so if enemy has 2 armor and 1 precision, he CAN eat 1 of each on every SP1 hit)
    - eaten armors give crazy regen, however other buffs just give his personal buffs faster
    - better personal buffs
    - massive bleeds on SPs+bleed empowering buff on heavy
    - gives degen against bleed immune
    - many helpful synergies with pretty good champs

So overall they are pretty similar, but as an owner of 5/65 Venom and 6r2 VP, i can say I use them both. Venom regens more, but VP can handle more buffs. Also VP's kit is more fun to play I'd say.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    The only benefit or main benefit, I should say is that Venom has the spidey evade counter built in, whereas VP’s is behind a prefight, which means it won’t even work if you die or your game crashes and you renter .
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Yes, he should. They are different champions with different matchups:

Venom
    - Armor Break on heavy (KM, Emma, all sorts of nodes);
    - SP1 nullify and regen for each buff;
    - Bleeds on basic hits (you can easily kill opponents without ever knocking them down);
    - Armor Up buff (havok, VP can do this too but he's much less reliable);
    - Access to "normal" buffs like cruelty and precision (they interact well with some nodes);
    - True Strike and Unblockable specials while opponent is below 18% HP (perfect for IMIW);
    - better damage than VP for shorter fights, lose on long fights.

Venompool
    - his Klintar Buff isn't removed by incinerate like Venom;
    - his SP1 removes buffs, doesn't nullify it (great for Angela, CW);
    - his SP1 also removes more buffs, but only regen from armor up;
    - Access to degen makes him better against robot (and bleed immune with synergy);
    - Shock and Armor break immunities against tech champions are really useful, and you can take advantage of them (HB, EMP node);
    - Additional Immunity to Incinerate against techs and Stun Immunity/havok counter with synergies (the last one isn't very reliable for havok but still an option, Venom is better in my opinion);
    - higher damage than Venom in longer fight, lose on short fights.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but you really understand their difference only once you have them both ranked and you start asking yourself who could be the best for a particular fight/path. I have both as 5* at R5 and I'm happy to have them ^_^
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

The only benefit or main benefit, I should say is that Venom has the spidey evade counter built in, whereas VP’s is behind a prefight, which means it won’t even work if you die or your game crashes and you renter .

I usually parry heavy refresh my buffs till i get it or use his prefight