**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Some patterns I’ve noticed recently in game.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
So recently with champion addition and changes within game ive noticed some patterns emerging.

1. Quality of champions added

So for the past few months we’ve had a lot of great champions added, from the release of Shang Chi we’ve had Kitty Pryde, Hercules, Spidey 2099 and Knull all added who are all arguably the best champions of 2021 and maybe of their respective classes. Howveee each month has followed a pretty similar pattern. One great “headline” champion and then one less good but still viable champion. Look at November. Icaris was added and hyped up as a huge damage cosmic god, with sersi being a sort of afterthought. Sersi is a perfectly good champion herself as well, but didn’t receive the hype of icaris. Same with knull and anti-venom, Hercules and America Chavez and Kitty Pryde and Nimrod. Anti venom and Nimrod are both pretty good themselves, but overshadowed by the other champions released that month.

2. More mutants

A more well known pattern but kabam can’t stop adding mutants. However it’s not just the addition of mutants but the buffing of them. Both magnetos, Collosus, Gambit, Bishop and (kind of) Cable all have received pretty substantial buffs especially with the addition of Apocalypse. Personally I’m still waiting on another apocalypse like champion to be added but for other classes (Odin, Mr Fantastic and War Machine can’t even compare to him unfortunately, what they’re missing is specific synergies with other members of their class allowing them to have more support in the team)

3. Cav EQ boss nodes

What do Sauron, Kitty Pryde, Nimrod, America Chavez, Knull, Peni Parker and Ikaris have in common? Hard to dodge specials that during their months events cav EQ nodes and such all exploited. The worst I can remember is Kitty Pryde, when nobody knew how to dex her specials they put prowess nodes and block pen nodes on her, pretty harsh. This is a pattern I don’t really like, it tries to force players to use items in order to learn how to dex specials. I would much rather if kabam add flashy specials they at least give players a place to practise dexing them instead of just dying and reviving.

4. Apocalypse “clones”

War Machine and Odins pre-fights both trying to mimic the effects of Apocalypse. I think Odin got it pretty right, I love running him with Angela and Silver Surfer just to speed up their ramp ups, however neither champions have really been able to capture what apocalypse did. Odins only really great synergy is with hela and whilst she is now pretty good, it’s nothing compared to changes made to Cable, Psylock and Gambit, where he was able to almost completely change their abilities and playstyle. I’d still really love a skill equivalent to apocalypse.

Comments

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Science has received seven buffs, Tech has received eight, Cosmic has received eight, Mystic has received four, and skill has received ELEVEN. Mutant has the second lowest buff rate, beating out only the Mystic class

Agreed with everything you said. But I feel like science class has gotten more than 7 buffs. LC, Rulk, SG, Shulk, Torch, YJ, JF, MrF, and Miles have all been buffed since I started playing. I also seem to remember Sentry getting some kind of buff way back when, although it was rather insignificant.

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,996 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Wicket329 said:

Science has received seven buffs, Tech has received eight, Cosmic has received eight, Mystic has received four, and skill has received ELEVEN. Mutant has the second lowest buff rate, beating out only the Mystic class

Agreed with everything you said. But I feel like science class has gotten more than 7 buffs. LC, Rulk, SG, Shulk, Torch, YJ, JF, MrF, and Miles have all been buffed since I started playing. I also seem to remember Sentry getting some kind of buff way back when, although it was rather insignificant.

You’re right, I didn’t count Torch, just forgot about him. And I think I missed She-Hulk too. So that makes 9, and I think Rhino had some changes made to him too way back when, so that’s 10.
  • EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    @TP33 "it’s nothing compared to changes made to Cable, Psylock and Gambit"

I am aware of the changes made to Gambit. But what changes have they experienced Cable an Psylock??
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

L take + rip bozo + catch this ratio 🗿

ratio
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★

@TP33 "it’s nothing compared to changes made to Cable, Psylock and Gambit"

I am aware of the changes made to Gambit. But what changes have they experienced Cable an Psylock??

cable solos abyss fights and psylock is an amazing champion too many are sleeping on
    @Wicket329 im not saying that these are definitive truths i’m just saying that, a lot of champs added recently have followed a great overall + niche but viable side champ formula (never said that was bad btw don’t know where you got that from), the mutant class has recently undergone far more profound changes then any other class, maybe not numerically but if you take the % of good mutants before maybe 2019 or so and then the % now you’ll see a huge increase, side EQ node difficulty isn’t the problem just the same “special attack = kill” nodes are getting a bit overused, and that odin and war machine are proof that kabam is taking a more support champion type approach then just pure “big yellow number”.

none of these are bad things, just stuff that’s going on for a while
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    TP33 said:

3. Cav EQ boss nodes

What do Sauron, Kitty Pryde, Nimrod, America Chavez, Knull, Peni Parker and Ikaris have in common? Hard to dodge specials that during their months events cav EQ nodes and such all exploited. The worst I can remember is Kitty Pryde, when nobody knew how to dex her specials they put prowess nodes and block pen nodes on her, pretty harsh. This is a pattern I don’t really like, it tries to force players to use items in order to learn how to dex specials. I would much rather if kabam add flashy specials they at least give players a place to practise dexing them instead of just dying and reviving.

Isn't that place called "Master and Uncollected difficulty?"
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    TP33 said:

but if you take the % of good mutants before maybe 2019 or so and then the % now you’ll see a huge increase

I would actually like to see a comparison between the different classes using this metric. Is the percentage increase significantly higher for mutants than the other classes? Because if I had to guess before someone did the analysis, I wouldn't think so.
    DNA3000 said:

TP33 said:

but if you take the % of good mutants before maybe 2019 or so and then the % now you’ll see a huge increase

I would actually like to see a comparison between the different classes using this metric. Is the percentage increase significantly higher for mutants than the other classes? Because if I had to guess before someone did the analysis, I wouldn't think so.
    i’ll see if i can work it out in the morning but you’d expect so from the overwhelming majority of people i’ve seen complain about always running out of mutant catalysts lately. almost nobody has the same issues with tech or science and personally i have nearly twice as many mutant R5 or R2s then any other class, and hell i rank up some obscure champions