**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

January 2022 - Most boring / uneventful MCOC-month ever?

Sry Kabam, after all the excitement in Nov/Dec 21 I feel like the game has collapsed like a house of cards...which imo makes Jan22 the worst month ever since I have started playing the game.

- New content (eq/sq) is not bad but it lasted only a week (sq content lasts just 1 day after weekly contents gets released)
- Rewards are horrible...especially, sq legendary rewards.
- Newly released champs (Toad/Sauron) are not the most exciting ones.
- No buffed up champs in Jan 22.
- Nothing worthwhile in solo / weekly / special objectives.
- Nothing special in arena's...same old, same old. 6* / 5* shard-arena's could have been nice.
- The in-game offers that I have seen so far were also very bad (ok don't expect cyber weekend deals but still...)

Hope things will change as of Feb22.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

Sry Kabam, after all the excitement in Nov/Dec 21 I feel like the game has collapsed like a house of cards...which imo makes Jan22 the worst month ever since I have started playing the game.

- New content (eq/sq) is not bad but it lasted only a week (sq content lasts just 1 day after weekly contents gets released)
    - Rewards are horrible...especially, sq legendary rewards.
    - Newly released champs (Toad/Sauron) are not the most exciting ones.
    - No buffed up champs in Jan 22.
    - Nothing worthwhile in solo / weekly / special objectives.
    - Nothing special in arena's...same old, same old. 6* / 5* shard-arena's could have been nice.
    - The in-game offers that I have seen so far were also very bad (ok don't expect cyber weekend deals but still...)

Hope things will change as of Feb22.

Thank you.

After all the people on forum and tbh, in game asking Kabam to focus on fixing the game instead of developing new characters, I take this as a positive step. Mind you, I have been as frustrated or more than most. I, and many others, have asked for the dev teams, whether new content, creative, etc., to band together and put a dent into the multiple issues in the game. I will give kabam a pass, even if it was just a holiday, vs we are throwing all our resources at fixing.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Sadly, that's how it is. Not everyone enjoys such design of EQs, then people complain about daily stuff for EQ, they will ofc never satisfy us all. This month has really unattractive rewards, that's true.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    This month is so boring I'm exploring every difficultly in cav EQ. Nothing else to do.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    February and valentines day is normally fairly eventful/rewarding.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    I tend to agree. It doesn't help that there has been nothing new since November release of V8 (which was mostly a flop). So 7.3 was the last real content released. Kabam likely views the gifting event as content these days. It's fine to say December is a slow month, therefore January will be boring. But its not just January, it's literally been since October for me personally. For full transparency, this is just my opinion and have been moving towards slowing down anyways. My favorite content is the content that is released once or twice a year (think SOP or Gauntlet). Having to be a on schedule 12 months a year just to have fun twice a year is no longer worth it to me. (Again, just where I am personally with the game). On the bright side, I will have the cats for my first r4 champ after AQ today! And...I'm ranking nobody immediately.
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    I was literally just thinking about how we should get info about next month's eq tomorrow, and then I saw that the monthly eq still has a 20d timer and was like "welp, maybe not quite yet" lol
    but yeah, I can't believe we still have 3 more weeks to go, it already feels like the month passed. but I do hope the Lunar new year event comes with some buffed rewards and some excitement
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I mean when you compare it to everything we had before this just for this month to have, no buffs, a slow and not so good EQ rewards, and game issues, it doesn't look like a good month
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

It's perfectly fine to have a laid-back month. We can't always go full force.

Agreed. I don't think it's a big deal.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

January is always a slow month because December is always full of stuff to do. It was like this last year. (And it was worse last year my god I hated that side quest)

Game isn’t “collapsing” like you say, things will change next month

Seriously. These threads keep popping up after every major event. I imagine we'll get more of these threads if they do another spring cleaning event
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    After I did EQ, I got 6 star Beast. That pretty much made me not want to play for the rest of the month. Its like, why spend all that time doing the event just to get those kind of characters. Even the 6 star sig stones I got were useless. Atleast 1 Mutant for my Namor, but I couldn't even get that. Hopefully next month will be better.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Have you done/explored all permanent content? If not, go for that, plenty of time left this month. If you’ve explored all content…..well, enjoy the outside, it can be quite nice or so I’ve been told.
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    This month is a product of what they could put together last month and Kabam probably had a lot of people take time off for the holidays. Get over it, you Grinch.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    These need to be done? The rewards look pretty optional.
    Maybe I’ll get around to them