Options

January 2022 - Most boring / uneventful MCOC-month ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I really hated the solo events for 2 months in a row. At least there’s weekly stuff to do this month.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

This month is only boring if you have nothing else to do outside of MCOC. Try new games or new things. Go start that new year’s resolution while you have some free time from MCOC.

Man, that out everything into perspective. Git Gud... at life... lol.

Honestly I'm so glad this game wasn't around when I was in college lol.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    For some reason, nobody seems to be pointing out the enjoyability level of September
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I don't care too much if January is a bit of a dud month. I find January to be a bit of a dud month, in general, so I'm not terribly surprised when that's the case in MCOC as well.

I do hope that they are gathering strength to pull off awesome things to come, though. One dud month isn't a huge problem but several in a row is. Hopefully that won't be the case.

On a personal note, this was the absolute right month to get knocked on my butt from sickness, though. I've been out cold for most of January and aside from being behind a bit when it comes to EQ exploration, I haven't really missed anything. That was actually quite nice.

Even if it sucks that I haven't been able to assist my alliance as much as I've wanted in AQ and AW.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,581 ★★★★★
    On the plus side

There’s not a million tedious objectives

There’s not an overly complex and confusing side event.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I don't mind the laid back-ness of this month. The holiday season and end of year situation is like a big adrenaline rush, so I find it nice to cool off.
    Plus, I took the opportunity to get lots of content done, which I'm very happy with.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,789 ★★★★★

I play this game way too much as it is, so a casual month is fine with me. There are far more important things in life than boss fights in a video game.

Exactly this. Plus, we do need a slow month every now and then, to recoup resources and units.
  • Options
    BLOODY_ASSASIAN08BLOODY_ASSASIAN08 Posts: 116
    edited January 2022
    Totally Agree , I m just swinging tabs in game and doing nothing.Plus my thumbs got rusty because of long AW Off Season...
  • Options

I play this game way too much as it is, so a casual month is fine with me. There are far more important things in life than boss fights in a video game.

Exactly this. Plus, we do need a slow month every now and then, to recoup resources and units.
    Yeah but what about AW Season?
  • Options
    Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158

This month is only boring if you have nothing else to do outside of MCOC. Try new games or new things. Go start that new year’s resolution while you have some free time from MCOC.

In other words, "Get a life, you play the game too much"
  • Options
    Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 135 ★★
    It's all good. Gives me a chance to farm some potions and hoard some units for whenever 7.4 drops.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    The side quest is soooo long. 4 paths is just annoying for such mediocre rewards.
  • Options
    Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Eq cav rewards def need improving but Kabam are being stingy regarding that. At least they reverted back to some better nodes. Nov/ Dec cav eq node designs were a massive fail
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,581 ★★★★★

The side quest is soooo long. 4 paths is just annoying for such mediocre rewards.

Considering some of the awful side quests & objectives in 2021, I’ll take a straight forward side quest, that uses 0 energy, any time.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Space them out over a week instead of doing it at once.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Personally, I’m glad we had a bit of a slower month. It gave me extra time to push forward and catch up with some story content. So far this month, I’ve managed to use my extra time to finish 6.4 to get TB, and do a completion run of 7.1. With a little under 3 weeks left, I’m hoping to use the rest of this month to finish catching up on story content.