**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Agatha or Quicksilver

2»

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Agatha
    Zan0 said:

the details if you’re curious:

Agatha Harkness:

Class: Mystic

Gameplay Theme: Agatha creates a magical prison on the battlefield. While inside of it, she absorbs the Opponent’s powers and takes them for herself. She can then choose to spend this power to more easily defeat her Opponent, or take it with her to face future enemies.

Key Ability: She steals Power from the Opponent and with enough of it gains a Cross-Fight to symbolize the new power she attained. This Cross-Fight would potentially boost her core attributes, or perhaps grant her additional abilities.

Quicksilver:

Class: Science

Gameplay Theme: Quicksilver’s name says it all, he moves fast, and never stops (if he can help it!).
    Dashing around his Opponent, they never know from where the next strike will land, or when to aim an attack of their own!

Key Ability: Quicksilver uses momentum as a resource, building it by moving, and spending it to unleash powerful attacks, or avoid his opponent’s counter blows.

They both sound cool but Agatha sounds awesome. Steals abilities and can save them for the next fight? I really want to see that.

I am fine with either. But voting Agatha.
    Try purgatory out and you’ll see how that ability works
    tbf if her souls lasted the whole quest she’d be a lot better.

You wanna try quicksilver? Use Nova and you’ll see how that ability works.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver
    I reckon they can turn Novas kit into some good with Quicksilver.

Nova has some decent damage but no utility and was a bit messy to play.
    Agatha

not a big fan of the whole dash back and forth thing however, it’s weird
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver

They can make it work if they tried
    Agatha

They can make it work if they tried
    same would also work with Purgatory’s kit.

Whoever they choose, hope they’re good and bring something valuable to the game.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

Both needs to be added to the game.

If they did that, how would they make at least half of the community angry?
  • FimbFimb Posts: 17
    I think there is a missed opportunity here to use the hawkeye/mordo slowdown mechanic but during normal fight. Could you imagine quicksilver getting a short time buff where the fight is in slow motion while he stays at full speed? That would have been amazing to play with
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    neither I didn't vote for them and I'm not going to vote for either one.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    MCU (which I partly despise) versus another mutant. There is no good choice
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Quicksilver

the details if you’re curious:

Agatha Harkness:

Class: Mystic

Gameplay Theme: Agatha creates a magical prison on the battlefield. While inside of it, she absorbs the Opponent’s powers and takes them for herself. She can then choose to spend this power to more easily defeat her Opponent, or take it with her to face future enemies.

Key Ability: She steals Power from the Opponent and with enough of it gains a Cross-Fight to symbolize the new power she attained. This Cross-Fight would potentially boost her core attributes, or perhaps grant her additional abilities.

Quicksilver:

Class: Science

Gameplay Theme: Quicksilver’s name says it all, he moves fast, and never stops (if he can help it!).
    Dashing around his Opponent, they never know from where the next strike will land, or when to aim an attack of their own!

Key Ability: Quicksilver uses momentum as a resource, building it by moving, and spending it to unleash powerful attacks, or avoid his opponent’s counter blows.

lol i love all the insightful's like you gave everyone brand new info but they just didnt wanna click the link lol.

Quicksilver is gonna win for sure. Agatha is way to overhyped and I just feel like she is a option coming to the game alot quicker than other characters who haven't even been considered yet that need to be
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    Neither this feature of the game always leads to disappointment.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver
    It was Quick silver all along
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited January 2022
    Agatha

It was Quick silver all along

I believe the quote is "it was Agatha all along". Easy go mistake though
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    From the descriptions, sounds like Purgatory 2.0 vs Nova 3.0. Not really interested in either.

I feel like the Momentum aspect would be better served by making that a tenet of a Juggernaut buff.

I don't really know how Quiksilver could work otherwise though.

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver
    It was always going to be Quicksilver for me. It doesn’t bother me that people like Harkness from a television show. But Quicksilver is a character I have wanted for years and I definitely am not going to turn back now
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Is it a hint the winner will be a good as Herc?

Agatha

Is it a hint the winner will be a good as Herc?

or maybe just the fact that herc was the previous winner of the choice vote
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Agatha
    Ok QuickSilver is popular: he is the brother of Scarlet and he was fun in the X-Men movie.
    But in the game what would he bring? I can’t imagine him as a god tier, especially by thinking to Nova.

Agatha has more potential to be a god tier (a powerful Scarlet Witch ?). Maybe with a nice design for the character and its SP.
    Really didn’t hesitate to vote for her.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Quicksilver
    I imagine Quicksilver as a Nova, Ghost, Kitty Pride mix. Sprinkle in a bit of Miles Morales. I could see the more evades/dexs he accomplishes the more powerful or furies he stacks. Maybe some shrug off ability when he “speeds” (phases). As of SP3, I can see a Human Torch esque vibe.

Synergies? Ultron, Scarlet, Magneto, the Avengers, and the X-men.

I hope to the high heavens that they don’t copy/paste the tedious Nova style of play. The idea of “constantly moving” is cool….but that can get overwhelming for some of us.

• Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Agatha
    Zan0 said:

Ok QuickSilver is popular: he is the brother of Scarlet and he was fun in the X-Men movie.
    But in the game what would he bring? I can’t imagine him as a god tier, especially by thinking to Nova.

Agatha has more potential to be a god tier (a powerful Scarlet Witch ?). Maybe with a nice design for the character and its SP.
    Really didn’t hesitate to vote for her.

If you are comparing quicksilver to nova you also need to compare Agatha to purgatory, one of the most **** champs out there
    Purgatory's flaws are flaws in the implementation. The problem with needing to constantly move to keep up momentum is more in the concept itself.
    For Agatha and Purgatory being bad is a bug, while for Nova and QS being stressful is a feature, so to say.