**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War bug; duplicates of the same champ on defense and 53 defenders total

Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
edited January 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
I don’t know if anyone can explain this. We’ve just started war and our opponent doesn’t seem to have full diversity, which is unheard of at the top of tier 2. On closer inspection the three duplicates are the same champion from the same player. There are still 50 defenders. Can anyone explain this? Never seen anything like it.

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think the best thing to do here is update us if it’s a visual bug. If your member attacks them and they’re all real defenders then it’s a pretty big problem, if it counts towards points then it’s an even bigger one

• Options
    Bronc0_Bronc0_ Posts: 19
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/294496/aw-bug-151-attacker-kills/p1?new=1

Same happened to us last war. No info if the opponent had actually duplicate fights or just a visual bug.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited January 2022
    As to whether your fight will be some different champ instead of that pictured for those 3 spots, you should be able to tell if just wrong champ by counting up the truely empty nodes.
    If 5 empty nodes (or 4 empty for those in much lower tiers peeking in on this bug), then it's a matter of it displaying the wrong champ (like the originally placed one instead of who might have been moved into placement there later on).

If you don’t see the expected amount of EMPTY nodes, then it's a problem of game actually showing same champ multiple times.

FYI, commented in other thread that so long as the fight was just a single fight KO (and doesn’t affect your health in a way that causes a later node to need 2+ fights to beat), then the Attack Bonus should be the same either way (whether a duplicate, or an empty, node).

BUT, if you see that this causes the team with duplicate placements to also have a LOWER DIVERSITY (because now it doesn’t think that champ was unique anymore), then that indeed will have an affect on that alliance Points (in a bad way). For any such wars that end up being very close.

(EDIT), never mind original quoted comment about Diversity. It should still count as 50 diversity even if the 51/52/53rd “extra” champs are the same (obviously) as on their other nodes.
    You still get 1 diversity for the first occurrence, but not an additional point for the duplicate (bug'd) occurrence.
  • Options

The bigger issue here is planning tbh. Should they assume that they have to fight those champs twice?

That is what we’re assuming.
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    There is also a video where 9 players placed 55 defenders. Affects all.
  • Options
    Thanks for a quick feedback
  • Options

So it turns out that even with facing extra defenders we’re probably going to win really comfortably. So yeah, no need to do anything rash like making this war not count. Letting this war play out and then fixing it after would be great.

It's not only this war. Happened in first war too.
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    Could anyone who faced this bug tell wether you get the additional attack bonuses for killing the duplicates?
  • Options

Could anyone who faced this bug tell wether you get the additional attack bonuses for killing the duplicates?

No. You get attack bonus for every spot whether it has a defender in it or not. So there’s nothing extra for more defenders.
  • Options
    So have you guys who have seen this actually had to fight those dupe defenders? It isn't just visual?
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    I t s incredibile that no one answers us......INCREDIBILE!
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 428 ★★★
    Lol later will be the third war and some other alliances may also face this. But kabam still thinks it's better to keep silent from updates. Sigh 😔
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 428 ★★★

Yeeeeee.....war season will end!
    I will wait the season rewards now ahahaha

I honestly hope it does end earlier lol
  • Options
    BlizzkinBlizzkin Posts: 4
    Yeah this seems to be happening all over the place. I am in favor of stopping AW completely until there can be a permanent solution. If a game mode is not working correctly, it shouldn't be played.
  • Options
    I hope this doesnt happen to us. Looks not very fun.
  • Options
    Update pls.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Wow - not a visual bug - this is some serious bugs. Hope we dont have to face that before they fix this..or end the season.