**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who are Febuary Buff Champs ?

Comments

• RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Phoenix overhaul or/and, a brand new Sigil Jean Grey would be awesome.

Remove that sigil part and stop promoting to them that Paywalling champions is a good thing, bad enough they done it with scarlet witch, how many hundreds did it cost to get her as a 6*? Many many more to dupe her.

Dark phoenix and Jean grey both need added to the game naturally.

Why would it cost hundreds? The sigil is only $10 a month and depending on your level of progression, you could have gotten her for the equivalent of $60 or maybe as much as $150.
    Yeah a tenner a month for how many months to get enough to buy a 6* variant twice, Hundreds involved, it's about that for the 5* variant, they still shouldn't be paywalling champs to that extent.
    Searmenis said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Remove that sigil part and stop promoting to them that Paywalling champions is a good thing, bad enough they done it with scarlet witch, how many hundreds did it cost to get her as a 6*? Many many more to dupe her.

Well, since I pay for Sigil anyway, it will be nice to have something extra, especially if it's a favorite character of mine. Weapon X 6* is also behind a paywell, but noone s complaining.
    Nope weapon X was initially the reward for Legends runs, he was added to the gifting event, which isn't Paywalled, Padme got him for free from a seatin gift, I didn't pay anything over gifting and managed to get 120 GGC including 2 5* Kangs, so no he's not paywalled.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

ŁŤÇ said:

Whoever it is, I hope it makes some champion an instant AW attack option. Or elite boss. Maybe not the Mags treatment, but make it close!

Also, I would love to see a truly popular Marvel character become elite. Outside of Magneto, CapIW, or kinda Doom(he's somewhat popular for Fan4ishfans), I would love a very well known character become God tier. Quake? Ghost? Most people that play didn't even know those characters before this game.

Unfortunately Mike and some of the other developers have gone on record and saying that no upcoming buff should or would be on par what they did with Magneto. Although to be Fair, there have been plenty of Buffs where they didn't have to go that extensive in order to unlock a Champion's true potential.
    @Shadowstrike agree. Hell, look at Diablo. He's insane now with his true potential unlocked. KP, Moleman, even YJ getting a massive utility buff.

I just want someone we all are familiar with becoming elite. A Cyclops, an AntMan, and OG champ, etc.
    Actually you just reminded me that they said that Diablo raised the bar on how extensive a buff can go
    edited January 2022
    Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Well, since I pay for Sigil anyway, it will be nice to have something extra, especially if it's a favorite character of mine. Weapon X 6* is also behind a paywell, but noone s complaining.
    Nope weapon X was initially the reward for Legends runs, he was added to the gifting event, which isn't Paywalled, Padme got him for free from a seatin gift, I didn't pay anything over gifting and managed to get 120 GGC including 2 5* Kangs, so no he's not paywalled.
    I mean technically you're paying for it through potions and energy refills unless you're Brian Grant and you have a mountain of units and crystals in the stash. But they put the Legends program on hold for the time being so it's not really an issue anymore.

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

I mean technically you're paying for it through potions and energy refills unless you're Brian Grant and you have a mountain of units and crystals in the stash. But they put the Legends program on hold for the time being so it's not really an issue anymore.
    Never paid for any of my units and many others that done legends runs saved units prior to the run, same as you can save all year for gifting and it's just down to RNG, that doesn't apply to Sigil Witch, you have to pay money to get her, no ifs buts or maybes, you want her you have to pay a lot of money, which is a ridiculous amount for any champ TBH
    Hort4 said:

Ricosco said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Never paid for any of my units and many others that done legends runs saved units prior to the run, same as you can save all year for gifting and it's just down to RNG, that doesn't apply to Sigil Witch, you have to pay money to get her, no ifs buts or maybes, you want her you have to pay a lot of money, which is a ridiculous amount for any champ TBH
    How dare a company want to make money and give a unique champ as incentive on top of something they were already charging the same price for.
    Yeah because without it it's been barely worth the money, instead of adding more substantial materials to it they stick a paywall champion on it instead.
    So your saying it's fair that people who can't afford to spend that stupid amount of money on a game lose out on the opportunity to have her?

Also still paying for the sigil whilst the games been this bad hardly incetivises them to work harder on the problems.

Lastly the game made hundreds of millions at Christmas they'll be fine, actually they have so much money they just invested 700 odd million into blockchain metaverse.

So don't worry about poor old kabams wallet, they're doing just fine whilst we all suffer.

ŁŤÇ said:

Whoever it is, I hope it makes some champion an instant AW attack option. Or elite boss. Maybe not the Mags treatment, but make it close!

Also, I would love to see a truly popular Marvel character become elite. Outside of Magneto, CapIW, or kinda Doom(he's somewhat popular for Fan4ishfans), I would love a very well known character become God tier. Quake? Ghost? Most people that play didn't even know those characters before this game.

Unfortunately Mike and some of the other developers have gone on record and saying that no upcoming buff should or would be on par what they did with Magneto. Although to be Fair, there have been plenty of Buffs where they didn't have to go that extensive in order to unlock a Champion's true potential.
    I take that comment by Kabam as the damage level that Magneto is capable of. Other champs have been buffed with similar or greater utility than Magneto. To be honest, even with that you don’t see him used and coveted as much as some other champs. I don’t know why his hype isn’t higher.

I’ll take any buff as long as the champ is playable and useful. I have my favorites and my wish list, but as long as they keep the buff program going it’s a win for all of us.
    Absolutely. There are so many champions that are lot of people's personal favorites and for whatever reason in comparison to the current meta the game they're just nowhere near as effective or reliable as they should be and even if everybody's not a high numbers damage dealer, there's still some facet of utility given to them which at least makes them useful for other continent.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

I feel without the Buff Program more people would loose interest in the game, it's one of the main thing players look forward to each month along with new content.

That is because it concerns champs we have immediate real chance of trying out. My newest released champ is Kitty, who has been in the game for 5 months. So, Toad and Sauron are gonna be available around June/July. That's why not so many people care about new champs. They are simply unavailable
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Fabwizi said:

I feel without the Buff Program more people would loose interest in the game, it's one of the main thing players look forward to each month along with new content.

That is because it concerns champs we have immediate real chance of trying out. My newest released champ is Kitty, who has been in the game for 5 months. So, Toad and Sauron are gonna be available around June/July. That's why not so many people care about new champs. They are simply unavailable
    That’s it, exactly — it’s hard for me to understand Kabam, at times. I get that they want/need people to spend money. Totally understand and support that.

And people do spend. I used to spend. No judgments about those who do.

But at some point, you just have to sit here and ask yourself what a person is supposed to get excited in this game about if you spend actual money on crystals in an attempt to get a new character and get a 3-star Iron Patriot?

Or if you grind for units, decide to risk them on crystals for a new character who is one of your favorites, and you get a 3-star from 2016?

I really like the concept of this game. There are elements I truly enjoy.

But I am just being honest when I say I have never understood why if feels like they only do buffs because people would absolutely lose their minds if they kept getting characters who literally cannot clear content they create, if they can even get newer characters at all
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Fabwizi said:

They are changing the way new 6* champions hit the basic pool to be in line with the way 5* and below already do, so it should speed up the timetable at least a little bit for the average player. It’s definitely not a complete fix for the problem, champion acquisition is and will still be a pain point, but it’s at least something.
  • Joel92598Joel92598 Posts: 81
    Still waiting on who the buffed champs will be...

Ricosco said:

Hort4 said:

Ricosco said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

How dare a company want to make money and give a unique champ as incentive on top of something they were already charging the same price for.
    Yeah because without it it's been barely worth the money,
    You literally get your money’s worth just with the units you get.

75 units a week for 5 weeks = 375 total for £8.99. The £8.99 unit pack is 275 units.

So it’s already worth more value than the unit store, everything else is a bonus on top of that, further proving that you get your money’s worth. You may not think it’s personally worth it for you, but it’s demonstrably worth it
    Firstly it's a monthly thing there's only 4 full weeks in a month, plus you really think 275 units is worth £9.99? (only apple get it cheaper) when you get 750 for £4.99.

Its already progression based so why do Cav and TB players still get small energy refills, PHC shards, level 3 heals and basic gold crystals? Thats where the value decreases.

Also look at the increases from UC-TB there's barely any improvement at all.

Nowhere near worth a tenner a month.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Yes, gifting isn't a paywall, is the Wall of China of buying. Having someone being lucky enough to get a 1:200k chances item/champ, doesn't contradict that. Plus, there's 200+ playable characters in the game, what's the big fuss to have one or two, who aren't even god tier level, as a bonus for those who decide to give a buck here and there in the game, instead of buying a coffee or a new game for their console?
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

ŁŤÇ said:

I take that comment by Kabam as the damage level that Magneto is capable of. Other champs have been buffed with similar or greater utility than Magneto. To be honest, even with that you don’t see him used and coveted as much as some other champs. I don’t know why his hype isn’t higher.

I’ll take any buff as long as the champ is playable and useful. I have my favorites and my wish list, but as long as they keep the buff program going it’s a win for all of us.
    I agree! Love the buff program and don't care who gets buffed in what order.
    Magneto is my favorite Marvel villain so I used him before his buff. Now he feels like someone who controls the electromagnetic field of the ENTIRE PLANET.
    I even enjoy his parry/heavy style bcuz Magneto does not stoop to fisticuffs. Punches and kicks are beneath him.
    The Magneto buff personifies his powerset, personality, and character perfectly. *chef's kiss*
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

Ricosco said:

Searmenis said:

Game needs money to keep running ...
    Exactly! Other players can do what they want but for me, I use the Sigil to support the game since I no longer buy offers of any kind.
    To each his own! 🤷‍♂️
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

ŁŤÇ said:

I agree! Love the buff program and don't care who gets buffed in what order.
    Magneto is my favorite Marvel villain so I used him before his buff. Now he feels like someone who controls the electromagnetic field of the ENTIRE PLANET.
    I even enjoy his parry/heavy style bcuz Magneto does not stoop to fisticuffs. Punches and kicks are beneath him.
    The Magneto buff personifies his powerset, personality, and character perfectly. *chef's kiss*
    Ooh, they should do that as a synergy.

“Planetary Electromagnetic Pulse”
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/295021/an-update-to-balancing-in-mcoc

no buffs for February either, but a psycho man value update coming in March
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Unlikely any forum members will become a new Kabam dev
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/295021/an-update-to-balancing-in-mcoc

no buffs for February either, but a psycho man value update coming in March

Amy guesses on who the team member is? My firs thought was @DNA3000 but he isn't shy.

My money is on @BitterSteel or @Raichu626 his quicksilver concept was amazing.

The "rating system " reminds me of @luhdemtaters tier list scores though
    They're not gonna poach some random don off the forums. No offence @BitterSteel @Raichu626

Taters is a good shout but my guess would be BG. He recently took an interest in new champs and is also in the process of making a ranking system.