**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What’s your biggest pet peeve when discussing MCOC?

Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
My all time biggest pet peeve is when someone is referring to a champ and uses the abbreviations “SS” there is like 8 champs with that abbreviation and it comes up way to often lol.

My 2nd is just a little one but it’s when people ask if a champ “needs” to be awakened. It’s been close to a year where the game stopped hiding awakened abilities and now tell you exactly what they do and even tell you the percentages from sig 1 to 200. Even if you don’t have that champ at all you can still see what their awakened ability is.

Ooof I get triggered just talking about that SS abbreviation thing lol. I’m just wondering if anyone else has pet peeves regarding mcoc!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Pseudo_19 said:

My all time biggest pet peeve is when someone is referring to a champ and uses the abbreviations “SS” there is like 8 champs with that abbreviation and it comes up way to often lol.

My 2nd is just a little one but it’s when people ask if a champ “needs” to be awakened. It’s been close to a year where the game stopped hiding awakened abilities and now tell you exactly what they do and even tell you the percentages from sig 1 to 200. Even if you don’t have that champ at all you can still see what their awakened ability is.

Ooof I get triggered just talking about that SS abbreviation thing lol. I’m just wondering if anyone else has pet peeves regarding mcoc!

Sorry but I kinda disagree on the "asking about awakening issue". Yes, we can see what awakening does and the percentages and figures but, more often than not, even if we can intellectually understand the effect an awakening ability and sig level may have ... it's still really difficult to picture clearly how does it impact it in practice. It's not like you can test this by yourself you know... you cannot use an awakening gem, play with the champ, add sigs to see how it all affects the champ's utility and playstyle... and then l If you don't like what you see you can just un-sig the champ and/or unawaken him . At that point what's done its done whether you like it or not.

This is especially true when it comes to using 6* AGs an sig stones. As valuable as there are, you can be damn sure that before using then I will:

- Read the sig description, and and check how the sig levels change per level in Aunt Mai.

and

- Watch what yourubers say

and

- Read forums AND make a thread to read updated opinions on the issue.

Too valuable a resource for you just not to do that.
    No matter how much you've played i don't think we can intuitively know how much increase in damage well get from +800 attack and 2948 crit damage boost
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    For me it's the 1-2 word responses on the who to rank up threads, if someone is asking for advice then a bunch of people just saying CGR. Isn't really that helpfull or constructive.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I really hate that every time people talk about good champs, they instantly start ranking.
    "Best mutant confirmed?"
    "New top champ?"
    "Top three mystic for sure"

Like, can we just say a champion is good without having to try to create an objective list based on too many variables and very subjective reasoning?
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★

SS- sym supreme, sorcerer supreme, sym Spidey, stark Spidey, stealth Spidey, silver surfer, superskrull. Sunspot if u consider sun and spot different words. Give me lols

You forgot one!! Only hint I’ll give you is that you do not use him anymore!
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    When people ask for advice for fights before reading the nodes. They can't be bothered to read a paragraph to understand a fight, but they expect people to type out an essay on how to do the fight.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I really hate it when people talk about wanting compensation, especially when they demand it
    Aburaees said:

Pseudo_19 said:

SS- sym supreme, sorcerer supreme, sym Spidey, stark Spidey, stealth Spidey, silver surfer, superskrull. Sunspot if u consider sun and spot different words. Give me lols

He forgot more than one:

Summoned Symbiote
    Scott Summers
    Stryfe Summers
    Spider Swine
    Swamp Stuff
    Serum Soldier
    Stephen Strange
    Susan Storm
    Sersi Snow

I was only looking for summoned symbiote since the rest you listed aren’t actually IGN’s and Stryfe isn’t stryfe summers.

When people ask for advice for fights before reading the nodes. They can't be bothered to read a paragraph to understand a fight, but they expect people to type out an essay on how to do the fight.

Sometimes when I don’t want to read the nodes I’ll just watch mcoc noob which ultimately ends up with reading the nodes anyway because he explains what champs are good to you and why.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Aburaees said:

Pseudo_19 said:

He forgot more than one:

Summoned Symbiote
    Scott Summers
    Stryfe Summers
    Spider Swine
    Swamp Stuff
    Serum Soldier
    Stephen Strange
    Susan Storm
    Sersi Snow

Everyone knows it’s Sersi Lannister
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Aburaees said:

Pseudo_19 said:

He forgot more than one:

Summoned Symbiote
    Scott Summers
    Stryfe Summers
    Spider Swine
    Swamp Stuff
    Serum Soldier
    Stephen Strange
    Susan Storm
    Sersi Snow

Everyone knows it’s Sersi Lannister
    Sersi Snow is what Deadpool would call her since her current partner is Dane Whitman / Jon Snow. Sersi Stark would work too as she’s technically still married to Ikaris / Rob Stark.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

Aburaees said:

Pseudo_19 said:

He forgot more than one:

Summoned Symbiote
    Scott Summers
    Stryfe Summers
    Spider Swine
    Swamp Stuff
    Serum Soldier
    Stephen Strange
    Susan Storm
    Sersi Snow

I was only looking for summoned symbiote since the rest you listed aren’t actually IGN’s and Stryfe isn’t stryfe summers.
    I’m just joking about mate. But I think Stryfe more than qualifies to be a Summers since he’s a clone of Nathan Summers and a genetic descendant of Scott ;)
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Zan0 said:

When peoples entire identity is that they are ftp and have to put it in every single sentence they write. Like I don’t care if people spend nothing, 100$ or 10000$

(One of) My pet peeve(s) is having to explain that I am not technically a F2P, since I bought two 5$ deals an average of 6 years ago, but that since then I play as a F2P player. I try to only mention it in posts that it is relevant in (like discussing offers or importance of sig stones). I wouldn't bring it up as much, but I have gotten hate from both sides for "claiming to be F2P" when I am not technically, and from those who spend more that do not think it is relevant. It shouldn't be something you hold over others as "proof" that you are better than they are, but it is a legit consideration for some comparisons/advice/discussions.

Edit: to be clear, I actually do agree that it is annoying when brought up too much. I really just quoted you because I thought it was on-topic.