**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

An Update to Balancing in MCOC!

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike you guys should check out karatemikes video -https://youtu.be/OGHfGx6BKho. They way he rated the Champs were spot on. He even rated Champs that have value in different content in the game. I would be on board with you guys using him to rate Champs to help with balancing.

I like Karate Mike and he puts out good content, as does many others in the community but we don't need this rating system 'by Kabam'... Community already does it. Plenty of tier lists, etc out there to check out if someone wants some additional input to who they could invest in the game that they have on their roster. Kabam should focus its time and resources elsewhere.
    This rating system will cut down on "Is this champ any good?" posts throughout the internet. Those wondering can look in-game, get a quick, "No, they suck" and keep it moving. Yay?
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    ESF said:

Ninjadebi said:

So basically long:short; we can’t even fulfill 2 year old promises to you, so allow us to release this new dumpster fire that will try to make you forget about our previously unfulfilled commitments. Oh and while you’re hopefully looking at this shiny object over here, we’re also openly telling you that we’re going to go ahead and nerf champions whenever we feel like it after we squeeze your wallets through Cavalier or other crystals and say “oh oops that champion isn’t functioning as intended”.

You guys may as well just come out and say you’re bent on burying this game 6 feet under.

This game isn’t going to last forever, and maybe it’s viewed as sunk cost — it’s an older game, now.

I don’t know what will be the end of this game. I do know this: Players genuinely looked forward to buffs each month. Now those are being cut down.

It’s definitely not easy to get 5/6-star rarities of characters released in the same calendar year. Not saying it’s impossible. Just saying that with more than 200 characters or so in the game…man. I don’t know.

I said this recently: I don’t understand Kabam and how they approach things. I really don’t.
    This game is not a sunk cost lol😂😂
  • Options
    IMBIMB Posts: 1
    Generally, I like this.

Balancing after release will help a lot with things that can’t be predicted, like champs being ridiculously OP or just plain useless. OP champs sound like a good thing, but there are drawbacks, and let’s be honest. 99% of us won’t get a champ until at least 6 months after its release anyway.

The rating system I’m not a fan of. While the goal is good, there’s just no way you can narrow champs abilities down to five categories. It might be a necessary step because way too many champs get thrown out or looked past due to lack of big yellow numbers, but you might do well to expand it just a bit; specifically the utility branch.

Overall though, an honest effort and open communication with the customers driving this game is appreciated. Kudos on a great idea.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Do they mean no major reworks? Or just tune ups?
This discussion has been closed.