**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Share your favorite Champs to Use that ARE NOT Top Tier

Comments

• Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    OMG so many great replies here! It's great to hear so many Summoners are enjoying and having fun with some of the Contests "not top" Champs. Just shows how layered, mature and deep the game is and how engaged and switched on the players are. Thanks for the great and very interesting replies all!
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I feel like OP posted mostly top tier champs. If not the absolute toppest top then the tier right below that which is still really dang good.

For me, I like to mess around with OG Thor, Iron Fist, OG BP, Long Shot, Cull, and Nebula.
  • Options
    FuzzyFoxFuzzyFox Posts: 45
    Skill - Jabarri R3
    Mystic - Voodoo R5 - just got the 6 star from featured, so happy.
    Cosmic - Red Goblin R3
    Tech - Ultron R3
    Mutant - Bishop R3
    Science - Invisible Woman R2
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Mutant- Psylocke(Ive been liking my r1 6* Storm X too, i may rank her when i find r4cc.)
    Skill- DDHK and Ronin
    Science- Sgwen and Joe
    Mystic- Does Tigra count?
    Cosmic- Odin(the only two cosmics i actually use are him and herc)
    Tech- Warmachine
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Science: Spider Gwen has a lot of utility and damage in the right context, but I don't think anyone still considers her top tier. That being said, I just love her animations and the fluidity of her attacks. Quite fun to play, and not just a vanilla champ.

Skill: Ronin has a similar place to Gwen. Super fluid playstyle, has access to interesting utility and can have damage, but is definitely not a top option in the skill class. I think Kabam at one point referenced him as one of their most ideally balanced champs. Love playing him though.

Mutant: Platinumpool will always have a special place in my roster. I only spent 10$ on my account years ago, so to have the luck of pulling all of the necessary pieces from just the F2P available options just by the time of Mutant Treasure Island was definitely the best luck I've ever had in-game. He is a trophy champ that definitely has some of the most unique abilities and playstyle of any champ. He will never be highly rated as he is now, but he is super fun to play and actually has some awesome abilities if you get lucky enough to pull the right card.

Tech: Starlord is going to win it for me, because of nostalgia. I duped him super early on as a 5*, and he was my first R4 back when they were still hard to come by. I love how simple and powerful he can be. He was one of the first characters that really incentivized great gameplay by needing a combo, but my favorite part is also most definitely the big yellow numbers. What an OG.

Cosmic: Black Bolt has really no redeeming qualities except the hit-monke synergy, which I cannot make use of because I can't for the life of me pull a high enough monke to actually bring into quests. I just love the character and the basic design, but he is one of my most wanted buffs. (even before groot *gasp*)

Mystic: Man-thing because his animations actually make me laugh. He could definitely use a lot of damage or more useful utility, but he is really pretty lacking overall. Still okay, but not great. Very entertaining animations and concept though.

Here is where I get probably more controversial though. Here are all the champions that I have seen listed in this post that I classify as top tier (still a really subjective category but for my definition, I am basing this off categories as follows: top tier, decent, just okay, bad, and oof this one needs a buff). Not including sarcastic posts, I have seen:
    BWDO, Sorcerer Supreme, Ultron, Spam, Nimrod, Venom, Stealth Spidey, Emma, Colossus.... I get that they aren't Ghost or Quake, but all of these actually have great damage, utility, uniqueness, and whatever else you should need to qualify them as top tier. If you disagree, I would love to share why in more detail.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 200 ★★
    Cosmic: Cull Obsidian, Nova, Aarkus
    Mystic: Mojo, Ebony
    Science: Mr Negative, Ham, Miles
    Skill: Elsa, Masacre, Black Panther OG
    Mutant: Storm X, Emma
    Tech: Ultron, Nimrod, Punisher 2099
  • Options
    ElMelloiElMelloi Posts: 101
    Cosmic: don't have one
    Mystic: Hood
    Science: Mr Fantastic
    Skill: Night Thrasher
    Mutant: Mister Sinister
    Tech: Darkhawk
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

The one I use the most in AQ. OML w/Colossus synergy.

Very interesting. What Map are we talking here?
  • Options
    CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Science - Wasp. Use her for cav nodes mostly but I think her playstyle is pretty fun. High crit damage, can shake off debuffs and smooth animations.
    Rhulk gets a mention too, I like him aswell, especially against mystics.

Skill - Jabari Panther. Only use her for cav nodes tho. But she is also quite fun to play.
    Other than that I have a R3 Killmonger that I ranked for defense but im enjoying him more and more in other content. He is a great matchup with some nodes when you bring Void with him.

Mutant - Cant say I got to many mutants thats not top tier ranked. I got a sig 40 R2 Iceman but I barely use him outside of Arena.

Cosmic - Odin. Great synergies, great pre fights and utility. Can hit pretty hard. Bringing him more and more than I used too.

Tech - Nimrod. Really underrated champ. Tanky, great (and a little weird) utility and good damage, aslong as theyre not shock immune. Ramps up super fast against mutants. Cant wait to get my hands on a 6* one.

Mystic - Man Thing/Sasquatch. Used sassy alot when I was using 5* mostly. Got some decent immunities and good damage. But not as smooth as most of the other high tier mystics.
    Man-Thing got some utility too, and good poison. Great for acid wash. Wonky but fun animations.
  • Options
    MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    @Ctuchik and @Squirrelguy Great write-ups / replies here thanks. And yes Squirrelguy, I do see what you are saying if all the Champs fit into 4 - 5 tiers yes, many in my OP would be in the top. What I had in mind at the time of OP (and maybe should have said so, my bad) was like a Seatin tier list. So like 8 tiers of Champs, so to be in that very first it ends up being a pretty exclusive group. From that perspective I was looking for Tiers 2-4 of the 8 and yes I think several mentioned are 2/8 or 3/8 which if we tiered as you suggested would be 1/4 or maybe 1/5.

See what I did there? We are both right :)
  • Options
    Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    Cosmic: red goblin. Those red numbers in the specials are so satisfying!
    Tech: Vulture. Who couldn’t love those animations
    Mutant: Gambit. Love this big specials
    Skill: Buffed Hawkeye probably. Feel like it’s pretty ignored
    Science: Overseer. Bit disappointed in the whole playable meastro, but still pretty fun
    Mystic: Sasquatch. Think this guy goes a bit to unnoticed.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Doc ock. Crazy utility and heavy damage. No one ever talks about him these days.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Jubilee
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Skiddy212 said:

Ultron actually is a top tier champ now. This is mine
    Skill-NF
    Mutant-AA
    Science-HT
    Tech-guardian
    Cosmic-groot
    Mystic-doom

4/6 of the champs you listed are top tier...pay attention to thread titles instead of posting nonsense that make zero sense to the question.
    No even that four just suck at gameplay. Nick fury hits like a noodle, ht has no big crits, same with AA ad doom takes so much time. Wait a minute. U say guardian isn't top tier? Triggered. And ya bro this was just sarcasm. Nothing to be serious
  • Options
    NuttyJokeNuttyJoke Posts: 53
    Skill-BWDO
    Mutant-Sunspot
    Mystic-Ebony Maw
    Cosmic-Proxima Midnight
    Tech-Guillotine 2099
    Science-Red Gaurdian
  • Options
    BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    The Champion of the Universe can do massive damage without ever using a special attack, if your good at intercepting. Suicide masteries kind of made him less valuable though.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Skiddy212 said:

Ultron actually is a top tier champ now. This is mine
    Skill-NF
    Mutant-AA
    Science-HT
    Tech-guardian
    Cosmic-groot
    Mystic-doom

4/6 of the champs you listed are top tier...pay attention to thread titles instead of posting nonsense that make zero sense to the question.
    No even that four just suck at gameplay. Nick fury hits like a noodle, ht has no big crits, same with AA ad doom takes so much time. Wait a minute. U say guardian isn't top tier? Triggered. And ya bro this was just sarcasm. Nothing to be serious
    Sarcasm or not what you posted is unreadable bs. Don't post your blastfamy on a thread trying to get a meaningful conversation out of the community.
  • Options
    blitzzzblitzzz Posts: 57
    skill - hawkeye (this guy is so underrated and there are not many content with him on youtube because he kept getting bugged but he is honestly my fav skill champ right now, a very close second is KP)
    science - spidey99(he is sort of a top tier champ but i really like his animations and kit)
    mystic - i dont have any favourite because there are a lot of mystics i like ->doom , claire , diablord , tigra and sym supreme
    cosmic - angela , but i am liking odin a lot recently
    tech - nimgod , but i have not tried penni or ultron and they look pretty fun
    mutant - if i am running suicides - AA if i am not - prof x (but if i had to pick one , it would be prof x )
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    Skill Massacre- its just so unique but completely worth it. Sp 1 spam while mixing in heavies is fun and sp 2 is really fun to pull off

Mutant- jubilee kind of fun horseman gambit. Psylock

Tech- punisher 2099 is kinda fun. I like sentinel vs mutants

Cosmic- annhilus i always thought was ok. Idk any off the top

Mystic - Mephisto for some reason idk the whip maybe. Dormamu? Very fun power control.

Science- FF full synergy team. Overseer Although i see him as top tier.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Skill: MASACRE
    Mutant: OLD MAN LOGAN
    Tech: IMIW & MYSTERIO
    Cosmic: TERRAX
    Mystic: DORMAMMU
    Science:Mr. FANTASTIC

• Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    Miles Morales, Spider-ham, Mysterio are almost always part of questing team + skill (Kingpin or Falcon) or mutant (Domino or Colossus or Magneto Now) + mystic (Doom or Claire Voyant or Dragonman or Sorcerer Supreme)..
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I just like to play with these champs much
    Cosmic: Nova (cool animations)
    Skill: Killmonger
    Mutant: Rogue
    Tech: Punisher 2099
    Science: Joe Fixit ( I like his sp1, not kidding)
    Mystic: Sorcerer Supreme
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

…..
    Mystic: Man-thing because his animations actually make me laugh. He could definitely use a lot of damage or more useful utility, but he is really pretty lacking overall. Still okay, but not great. Very entertaining animations and concept though.

Here is where I get probably more controversial though. Here are all the champions that I have seen listed in this post that I classify as top tier (still a really subjective category but for my definition, I am basing this off categories as follows: top tier, decent, just okay, bad, and oof this one needs a buff). Not including sarcastic posts, I have seen:
    BWDO, Sorcerer Supreme, Ultron, Spam, Nimrod, Venom, Stealth Spidey, Emma, Colossus.... I get that they aren't Ghost or Quake, but all of these actually have great damage, utility, uniqueness, and whatever else you should need to qualify them as top tier. If you disagree, I would love to share why in more detail.

My favorite is Man things heavy attack, he’s basically tries to do a belly flop onto the enemy.
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Mutant: Jubilee
    Skill: Masacre
    Mystic: Man-Thing
    Science: Spider-Gwen, who I wish more folks used
    Cosmic: Carnage
    Tech: IMIW
  • Options
    tklmctklmc Posts: 54
    edited January 2022
    Skill: BDWO fun to play, high burst sp2 damage more satisfying with suicides
    Science: red hulk, easy playstyle, high damage
    Mystic: diablo big poison damage great utility, but when playing incursions my 6*r3 morningstar with 5 charges and g99 synergy destroys nearly everything
    Cosmic: venom, easy play, best spideys and warlock counter for me
    Tech: Sig 200 guardian, safe play, high sp2 damage
    Mutant: cable with apoc synergy, great dot, clears %70-80 monthly cav.difficulty for me with only 4-5 heavies