Proff Hoff is right??
  • Options
    TheCoverGirlTheCoverGirl Posts: 78
    edited February 2022

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    He is wrong from the get go ..
    Why is he comparing progression levels?
    If u think the TB ones are good and Cav bad.. well.. get to TB...
    U don't go around your neighborhood crying about not having the best house in the block.. whatever they got they earned...
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    I believe they want incentives for summoners to advance in the game. With the release of 7.4 soon and the recent materials to R4 6*’s…they need to release these as viable rewards. I am assuming another progression level to unlock these in calendars etc…they don’t want Long time Cavs becoming 2 progression tiers back and making a mass exodus from the game.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

ItsDamien said:

You listen to Hoff. You answered your second question right there.

Interesting response, care to debate the actual post or just sticking to your ad-hominem guns?

Prof has been milking the " who will think about the poor Cavs " ever since TB started getting rewards for progressing in game
    And he's just obnoxious tbh. He tries to stretch his videos to the max and he complains wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much, its like every other video. Just my opinion but I just don't like his vids. Props for prof for making so many videos and trying to help tho ig
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 305 ★★
    I took my own sweet time to get to uncollected, cavalier and thronebreaker. When I was still cavalier, those poorly designed cavalier offers for 4/7 and cyber mon didn't tempt me one bit. Yet I didn't moan or complain or even bothered to compare deals. It's up to kabam, really. If offers r designed to discriminate players based on titles, it's their loss of income. In the end, the gap between cav and tb players will b shown and any attempt to design new content will likely pleased either one group of players.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I am in ICU after reading the title 🤕
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Raganator said:

Rillian said:

There’s a lot of over the top hate to the proffman in these forums. No matter what, he’s made it to the top. I watched his content a lot when I first started playing. He filled me with conspiracy theories and enthusiasm for the game. I don’t believe the crystal voodoo doodah anymore, but look, I’m still here and enjoying the game.

We do need another seatin, I thought a certain hotshot would have taken the crown, but no, i feel he’s more toxic than hoff.

Hoff loves the game, I hope that he keeps playing and making videos. The more the merrier.

Seatin? Toxic? He rarely complains, is super funny, doesn't milk his videos (all of them are long and have really good quality) and hes super nice. He literally did a massive 10,000 dollar giveaway just because hes a good person.
    I mean...I have no problems with Seatin...but if you think he did a $10k giveaway simply because he's a good person then you are naïve. It was a marketing strategy.
    He could've eaisly gotten sponsored by giving away 2k dollars etc. but he wen't all out and went above and beyond. IK it was a marketing strategy but he could have milked the situation way more but chose not to.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Raganator said:

Rillian said:

There’s a lot of over the top hate to the proffman in these forums. No matter what, he’s made it to the top. I watched his content a lot when I first started playing. He filled me with conspiracy theories and enthusiasm for the game. I don’t believe the crystal voodoo doodah anymore, but look, I’m still here and enjoying the game.

We do need another seatin, I thought a certain hotshot would have taken the crown, but no, i feel he’s more toxic than hoff.

Hoff loves the game, I hope that he keeps playing and making videos. The more the merrier.

Seatin? Toxic? He rarely complains, is super funny, doesn't milk his videos (all of them are long and have really good quality) and hes super nice. He literally did a massive 10,000 dollar giveaway just because hes a good person.
    I mean...I have no problems with Seatin...but if you think he did a $10k giveaway simply because he's a good person then you are naïve. It was a marketing strategy.
    He could've eaisly gotten sponsored by giving away 2k dollars etc. but he wen't all out and went above and beyond. IK it was a marketing strategy but he could have milked the situation way more but chose not to.

They never called Seatin toxic, read it again.
    They said we do need another Seatin, and that they thought that a certain hotshot would take the crown, but that hotshot proved to be more toxic than Hoff.
    The real question is, who is the hotshot that they were referring to?
    🧐
    maybe ilacskills, a few months back he went a bit mad and starting just randomly accusing community members of being complicit in modding/mercing stuff

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxjJk7jE3X7kl8LM-2q7cAi963VBWJxAMt

ilacskills is 200% toxic but ilac is not a hotshot by any stretch. I would rather watch sudeep or madrid create content.
  • Options
    Raganator said:

Rillian said:

it could be both. Through my company we've given away tens of thousands of dollars of stuff if not more as part of marketing activities. And every time we've done it, we didn't strictly speaking *need* to do it; we did it because we could justify the expense and preferred to do those giveaways instead of spending the funds on some other thing.

So yeah, I'm sure Seatin was not making a donation to the MCOC community, but I don't think it was just a corporate maneuver either. You can be doing a giveaway because of a corporate marketing strategy, and still also be doing it because you're just trying to do some good. They aren't mutually exclusive. Honestly, I'm not even sure what our return on investment was for any of our giveaway events. We did them because we liked doing them. When you're a Youtuber everything you do gets viewed through the prism of growing the channel, and probably everything they do gets seen *by them* through that lens as well. But I suspect Seatin has a lot of ways to get a better return on $10k than handing out gifting crystals. So while I'm certain Seatin knows he's getting some engagement return on that giveaway, that doesn't mean he didn't give them away primarily because he had an opportunity to give away a ton of stuff to his viewership and decided to do it primarily for the pleasure it conveyed over the return on investment he might have gotten.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I have an iPhone XR and inputs suck, I admit that freely, but I still managed to get my second account to TB a few months ago. The worst part is the grandmaster fight. Just go in with about 1500 units and you’ll get it done.
  • Options
    A lot of prof hoff’s content is sensationalism, it’s a bit like reading the Sun or the Star and expecting to get a sophisticated view on the days news. I realise that’s his modus operandi, but I’d be curious to know if it matches his actual opinions.

Frankly the input issues have been going for so long I’m used to it and don’t notice it at all these days. I was able to get through Cav and a fresh account inside a month with virtually no resource spend and completion of V7 with little as well. There’s so much easy access to T5CC that players have no excuses for not being TB if they’re trying to push for it. There’s also rapid champion acquisition and access to rank up materials to comfortably build enough good options to make a single pass through Act 6.

SoP propelled half the player base to TB just from killing 5 bosses. There is no real disconnect at this level in my opinion. If there is one it’s at the lack of empathy with end game content’s broken releases and buggy war
  • Options
    SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★

So I found this really cool way for cav players to stop getting shafted by cav deals, it requires a little effort though, so be ready:
    First thing you need to do is complete Act 6, got it? You just need to drop the GM once.
    After that, you need to get a t5cc catalyst. With the amount that's in the game, it's super, super easy.
    Once you get that catalyst, find a six star champion that--AND THIS IS IMPORTANT--the SAME class type as the catalyst.
    When you have the catalyst AND a six star--OF THE SAME CLASS--you just rank them up.
    BOOM!
    You're now Thronebreaker and no longer have to deal with Cav offers!

Dude this is mind boggling!!! I never realized that it was that easy!
    Ahh thank you very much for this laugh. I needed it
  • Options
    Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★

Todays prof hoff video about the daily Cav deal is shining a spotlight on a singular part of a much bigger issue. Cavalier level players have been getting the shaft on rewards, deals, shards, rank up materials etc etc for a long time now. Literally ever aspect of the game. It’s so far disconnected from our actual progression status in game and essentially does nothing to help us achieve thronebreaker.

I could have achieved TB a while back, but unfortunately I am one of those who has been affected by the input drop bug. I waited patiently for this to get fixed so I wouldn’t have to dump units on potions and revives. Not sure why I expected and hoped for the best but I did. Well, then comes the announcement about their “fix” or “answer” and it is screen resolution… smdh I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro, I’m highly doubting my phone is the issue here… I guess the general gist of this post is that I am and have been feeling very disconnected from this game as of late. What I expect of and want from this game seems so different from the direction it’s headed in.

What do you all think? Legitimate gripes or am I just being an idiot?

their is a time for complaining about those in higher tiers getting disproportionately higher rewards, this isn't it. I'm fine for you to think that you (cavs) are being screwed over but please don't expect the community to agree. Having cavs and thronebreakers get similar rewards would just a be middle finger to all those who put in the time and effort to beat the grandmaster and form a t5cc. Their is so much t5cc available in variants and act 7 which I would argue are very much cav level content, this narrative of "oh the poor cavs" has been around a while and multiple content creators have proven it false. If you want advice on how to beat the GM or best places to get T5cc then absolutely fine happy to help but trying to look wounded and elicit sympathy just makes people roll there eyes.
    rant over.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Due to lack of Response and personal attacking , ill go ahead and close this thread down.

Remember to keep it civil and constructive.

-- CLOSED
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I like Omega Red too
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

A lot of prof hoff’s content is sensationalism, it’s a bit like reading the Sun or the Star and expecting to get a sophisticated view on the days news. I realise that’s his modus operandi, but I’d be curious to know if it matches his actual opinions.

Frankly the input issues have been going for so long I’m used to it and don’t notice it at all these days. I was able to get through Cav and a fresh account inside a month with virtually no resource spend and completion of V7 with little as well. There’s so much easy access to T5CC that players have no excuses for not being TB if they’re trying to push for it. There’s also rapid champion acquisition and access to rank up materials to comfortably build enough good options to make a single pass through Act 6.

SoP propelled half the player base to TB just from killing 5 bosses. There is no real disconnect at this level in my opinion. If there is one it’s at the lack of empathy with end game content’s broken releases and buggy war

This perplexed me for a long time. I studied Journalism briefly, and we were taught to steer away from sensationalism. I have to admit, I found it distasteful. Now I somewhat think it's smart, though still not my taste. I suppose you can use your "powers" either way. Lol.