**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• R4aduR4adu Posts: 14
    In-Game Name: DuvaLL184
    Device and Model: (Samsung Galaxy Fold 3)
    Device Operating System: Android 12 (one UI version 4.0)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 33.3.0
    Game Mode: All of them
    Description of the Issue: LOW FPS!!!! is like i`m playing with 30 FPS .. this problem i mentioned in tichet before.. i will mention again , low fps , low responsive time.. i buy this phone and after i see how this game runing on this phone i buy an ipad.. so i can play on my fully capacity .. please fix this!
  • What you doing with fps !? I played on Asus ROG phone 3 , and before this update i played with 60fps, but now only 30 fps ! This very slowwwwly.
    Fix it !
  • Psycho_ManPsycho_Man Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: Shonai
    Device and Model: ASUS ROG 5
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (phone has no cell service)
    Game Version Installed: 1199522
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? I tried playing Daily Quest (Proving grounds), and Alliance Quest.
    Description of the Issue: my FPS is either ~72, ~32, or ~12 for the duration of a fight. After the initial lag at the start of every fight the FPS will settle in at one of those three FPS tiers. After the Latest Update I played (map 4 middle path tech symbiod, using Spider-Ham, 12 FPS), then I did some tests in the daily quests and got varied results with different characters. 6* Longshot seemed to be 32 and 12 fps games while 6* Sauron varied between all three FPS tiers. 3 Games with Bishop we're all at 72 FPS.
    I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and nothing changed. I turned off Beta content and skip SP3 and It appears to decrease the # of 12 FPS matches but I still get 33 and 72 FPS games.

I put a system status bar on the right of the screen on the screen shots. Recording or not recording had no drop or gain in the FPS once it was locked in.
  • HuskerChiefHuskerChief Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: HuskerChief
    Device and Model: Samsung S10e
    Device Operating System: 12
    Game Version Installed: 25.2.0
    Game Mode: Arena/AQ
    Description of the Issue: Blocks not registering, taking hits through blocks, basically unplayable.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    In game name - AMS94
    Device - Moto G60
    Android - 11
    Wifi or Network - Both
    App version - 33.3.0
    Game mode - everywhere

Issue - After recent update the game feels very slow & laggy, fights seem like the defender is almost always unblockable even if I try to parry or reparry with perfect timing, navigating through screens & quest maps feels slow & heavy, dexterity is harder to time than it used to be
    Before the update the game ran much smoother with only a few issues but it was very smooth & fast fr the most part
  • IRONHIDE_1IRONHIDE_1 Posts: 34
    edited February 2022
    In-Game Name: IRONHIDE-01
    Device and Model: Galaxy Note 10
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: You admit to having input issues with android and alliance war but what about the rest of the game??? I'm almost through most of my allowed items for alliance quest and barely into section 2 of map 6 becuase I can't block or parry, I normally don't use items until tier 3 becuase I have a degen path, I will not use my earned units to purchase potions becuase that is not fair seeing you know there is a problem and heavin forbid that Kabam would ever reimburse units used becuase of an issue. This game is supposed to be fun and an escape from normal life but it's getting as aggravating ad having 3 ex wives.

• Psycho_ManPsycho_Man Posts: 6

In-Game Name: Shonai
    Device and Model: ASUS ROG 5
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (phone has no cell service)
    Game Version Installed: 1199522
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? I tried playing Daily Quest (Proving grounds), and Alliance Quest.
    Description of the Issue: my FPS is either ~72, ~32, or ~12 for the duration of a fight. After the initial lag at the start of every fight the FPS will settle in at one of those three FPS tiers. After the Latest Update I played (map 4 middle path tech symbiod, using Spider-Ham, 12 FPS), then I did some tests in the daily quests and got varied results with different characters. 6* Longshot seemed to be 32 and 12 fps games while 6* Sauron varied between all three FPS tiers. 3 Games with Bishop we're all at 72 FPS.
    I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and nothing changed. I turned off Beta content and skip SP3 and It appears to decrease the # of 12 FPS matches but I still get mostly 26 - 33 fps games.

I put a system status bar on the right of the screen on the screen shots. Recording or not recording had no drop or gain in the FPS once it was locked in.
  • Fight_MilkFight_Milk Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Fight Milk
    Device and Model: Galaxy S10+
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? Both, Sprint
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Variants.
    Description of the Issue: Parry, Dex and Specials are all delayed. When I try to parry it doesn't register quick enough and I either get tagged or it doesn't trigger a stun. Dex is delayed, when I try to dex like I normally do I either get tagged or end up just blocking the attack instead of dashing back. Specials are delayed as well, when attempting to bait the dash attack by the defender and throw a special into the dash I get tagged instead.
  • tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    In Game Name - Tufo24
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Device OS: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Cellular carrier is AT&T
    Game Version: 33.3.0
    Game Mode: Every game mode
    Description: Parry, Dex and Specials are all delayed. When I try to parry it doesn't register quick enough and I either get tagged or it doesn't trigger a stun. Dex is delayed, when I try to dex like I normally do I either get tagged or end up just blocking the attack instead of dashing back. Specials are delayed as well, when attempting to bait the dash attack by the defender and throw a special into the dash I get tagged instead - (Copied this from user Fight Milk as it is the same exact thing happening to me)
  • In Game Name - CojakSilverBack
    Device: Samsung Galaxy s10
    Device OS: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Cellular carrier is Verizon
    Game Version: 33.3.0
    Game Mode: Every game mode
    Description: Parry, Dex and Specials are all delayed or don'ttrigger. When I try to parry it doesn't register quick enough and I either get tagged noticed it the most trying to do variant 6.2.1 using magneto vs mr. Sinister. Dex is delayed, when I try to dex I either get tagged or end up just blocking the attack instead of dashing back. Heavy are delayed as well and unblockable delayed in trigging so regen passive not always triggering. Was issue seems to have gotten worse throughout the day. Even with force closing the app.
  • In-Game Name: einsamsoldat
    Device and Model: Xiaomi 11T Pro (2107113SG)
    Device Operating System: Android 11 RKQ1.210503.001
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Alliance Quest, Daily Quest
    Description of the Issue: Alliance Quest using Champion Nimrod, M-L-L-L-M combo hitting AI, immediately hold block after finish combo, but parry did not register. Result AI are able to counter immediately after hit by my champion full combo.
    Daily Quest Champion Captain America IW, parry unable to register; felt like parry that could register prior to 33.3.0 does not register. Parry timing for shorter/medium length distance between characters fails to parry. Longest distance parry still register properly.
  • Donination13Donination13 Posts: 42
    In-Game Name: Donination13
    Device and Model: Galaxy S10e
    Device Operating System: 12.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both WiFi and AT&T 4G
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest Map 7 and Realm of Legends
    Description of the Issue: Before updating the latest version I didn't have as many issues with parry as I did with this update. During section 2 of AQ I used Colossus and Angela for the Buffed Up node only to get caught with a combo literally taking ⅔ of my champion's health away when I know how to parry. (Fully explored 7.1 and 7.2)
    After being destroyed having to use 4 items on day 1 when I hardly had an issue with it as much as this is disappointing. I even tested some fights in ROL and found that baiting heavy into hits was the only way around it. Dexterity works well, it's just parrying is so mistimed having to tweak finding the right frame to block whether it's kind of early or really early because I noticed the tendency is more late which isn't normal and game performance is way more valuable than anything when it comes down to it especially since it's been an ongoing issue for several weeks and arguably many months.
  • Jalane12Jalane12 Posts: 8
    Weapon12
    Galaxy S9 plus
    Cellular and wifi
    Latest
    Game during each different mode is lagging and not being able to parry or dex properly. Holding block and defender hits through block, so not responding to commands mostly on left side (defending). Game is almost unplayable at current level. I have not advanced in playing waiting for the game to get fixed. Has continued to get worse and now I feel it is at an all time low. Something needs to change in order for me to want to continue to play the game at the current level of the game.
  • This is a copy paste from my post yesterday and the hot fix tonight did nothing to help. I am still experiencing the lag issue which is causing me to use a significant number of potions and units to keep going in AW and it event quests.

In-Game Name: ReAnimatorPDX
    Device and Model: LG V60
    Device Operating System: 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Verizon
    Game Mode: The entire game lags, even when selecting screens (fight, inventory, etc.).
    Description of the Issue: I've experienced this issue since updating the game to the latest version this morning. I have multiple accounts and the issue occurs across accounts. I've tried rebooting as well and that did not resolve the issue. The issue only occurs with this app. One thing I did notice when trying to document the issue is that the when my screen recorder is running, the lag seems to be significantly reduced.
  • In-Game Name: Napierenid
    Device and Model: ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: All content, arena, story quests, alliance quest, event quest and incursions
    Description of the Issue: The game seems to lag at every bit, even loading screens. It doesn't catch parried and dexes because it seems the game is lagging so much that the input lag just doesn't time these right. I've tried with 5-6 different champions and it is all the same.
  • OwrnsOwrns Posts: 31
    In game name owrns.
    Android.
    Issues no parry. Opponent just hits through block and lagging
  • sheryfsheryf Posts: 25
    In-Game Name: Sheryf1
    Device and Model: Redmi Note 8 Pro
    Device Operating System: 10
    Game Mode: Parry doesn't work, champion doesn't even block, instead of parry I get punch into face. Dashing back also doesn't work for me. Those the most annoying things i noticed from gameplaye perspective.
  • PowPow48PowPow48 Posts: 17
    In-Game Name: PowPow48
    Device and Model: OnePlus 6T
    Game Mode: Parry doesn't register when tapping the screen in all game modes, Story Content, Alliance Quest and Alliance War. I tried to finish 7.1.6 several times and it just can't be done without burning through items. The champion doesn't block and take a combo to the face. Dashing back also doesn't work properly. On the destructive feedback path, I would just get pushed to the corner from lack of parries and dashing and just get heavied till I die. Very frustrating.
  • Baalveer45Baalveer45 Posts: 1
    In-game name:- Baalveer45
    Device and model:- Redmi 9 prime
    Device operating system:- Android 11
    Cellular or wifi :- Both
    Game version installed:- 33.3.0
    Parry and dex not working properly due to the lag. I tried it every where in story quest and in arena also facing same problem pls fix this issue previous version of game was working smooth with no issue. I lost so many revives and health potions in alliance quest fight.
  • Geronimo28Geronimo28 Posts: 6
    edited February 2022
    In game name: Geronimo28
    Device: Google Pixel 6
    System: Android version 12
    Game version installed: latest Monday 7th February
    Game mode: Alliance Quest
    Issue: game isn't registering Dex and parry inputs so am taking damage. Died 6 times today on poison path section 2 map 5
  • AnaxagorAnaxagor Posts: 62
    Android 11. Poco X3 Pro. WiFi. The game is lagging on the arena. Everything is twitching during fights. Pls do something please 🥺🙏
  • In-Game Name: Bladiepoland
    Device and Model: Samsung S21+
    Device Operating System: Android 12
    Game Mode: Parry doesn't register when tapping the screen in all game modes, Story Act 7.3, AQ map6, AW T5, i lost my items and units for potions, game have bug .
  • BaDMiTTeNsBaDMiTTeNs Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: BaDMiTTeNs
    Device and Model: LG V60 ThinQ 5GUW
    Device Operating: 11 V600VM20j
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Verizon)
    Game Mode: The entire game(seriously)
    Description of the Issue: The game is just lagging on all screens, not just gameplay. Every part of the game on my phone is lagging. Its literally unplayable. Also, when i try to screen record the lagging, it starts running better..hope this helps.
  • AtyachaariAtyachaari Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Atyachaari
    Device and Model: ASUS ROG 2
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens on both wifi and mobile connection
    Game Mode: Throughout the game. On home, other sections, as well as in fights.
    Description of the Issue: There is delay when any page refreshes. The delay/lag is not visible or minimum when travelling between nodes. During gameplay, every movement of the character is delayed, there is a mild but visible difference in the quality of the graphics. Heavy hits, parry, sp3 bonus bar or any other movement that requires precise timing is delayed. My phone has 50 GB of empty storage. I always clear memory before starting the game. I have another, much heavier game in the phone which runs perfectly well. The lag issue started after I installed the latest update.
  • Gonc3dGonc3d Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: Gonc
    Device and Model: Huawei P30 Pro
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Mode: Parry and Dex dont work as intended, there s a lag between the Tapping on the screen and the action. Its happening in all game modes, Story Content, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Device and model : OnePlus 8t
    Android 11
    Wifi
    Game verison 33.3
    Game mode,: arena, aq,
    Description. Terrible frame rate. Only getting 15fps

this is how i usually grind arena. It starts of smooth but after sometime gets ridiculously choppy
  • Game is better but still jacked post update, seems like longer the fight goes the worse the imput timing gets
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★
    In game name: spidyjedi84
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy 10E
    Device operating system: Android 11
    Game mode: Story content, Alliance War, Alliance quest

Description: Like a lot of others in early February, I'm getting parry and Dexterity bugs in Alliance modes that have made me nearly eat a loss that I shouldn't have had in Alliance modes. I'm just avoiding that content until a hotfix is announced, as I've qualified for rewards with war and quest rewards aren't worth enough in my mind.
    A different bug I've encountered is that in story content (I'm trying to 100 percent Act 4 story right now to get resources I left there), at least one out of every 10 fights gets to a point of a hard slowdown/lag to the point the app no longer takes any feedback from my phone, including allowing me to get out of the game. When the hard slowdown happens, the app essentially freezes my phone, which then requires a hard restart, and Contest of Champions is the only app running on the phone at the time this has routinely happened.
  • Harrito74Harrito74 Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Killtro
    Device and Model: xiaomi poco x3 nfc
    Device Operating System: Android 11 (MIUI 12.5.4)
    Game Mode: After the update, in all areas of the game, I have an horrible lag and literally the game is unplayable (i can't even do a 5 hit combo) especially with war season going on and aq soon to start