**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7.3 Paradox Breakdown Charges post update not fair!

Comments

• Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Nocko said:

I've 100% act 7 so far
    I've dealt with these annoying paradox things, hated them, would like to see Kabam to go back to the drawing board, the idea of that sort of thing is right but that wasnt very fun or interesting imo

That all being said, GOOD! I dont care about compensation, i dont want it and i dont need it. I chose to the do the content, if i really didnt like it i could have not done it. But i did. I made that decision. If they've adjusted it now to make it easier, great for those players

I dont need compensation, i dont deserve it and neither do you.

This guy gets it.

If controlling your paradox charges were this problematic for you, then you weren't doing it right. You just can't go full ham on every path, node, and defender and expect to win. Have to play smart and use strategy.

I don't think Kabam needs to announce when they make content easier, just be grateful for when they do.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I love this change. Kabam will offer compensation. Nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Not too sure to be happy or sad that I went through and fully explored 7.3 literally over the weekend 🙃
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Should there be compensation because the content is now mildly easier? No.
    Should there be compensation because Kabam made a change to end game content without even as much as a whisper? Absolutely.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★

Should there be compensation because the content is now mildly easier? No.
    Should there be compensation because Kabam made a change to end game content without even as much as a whisper? Absolutely.

Should you just wait to see if it was an unintentional update that went live a month early before making demands? Absolutely.

Act 7 isn't endgame content. They technically don't even need to communicate anything really.

What compensation would you even think is appropriate if the change was intentional for this month and they just forgot to notate it in the release notes. What did you miss out on from not knowing 3 days before the update went live? Compensation is to replace items you missed/lost out on, not to make your feelings less hurt.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Content gets nerfed after some time to make it compatible with the game economy & progression
    It happened with Act 6 (though it had a different primary reason & people were compensated fr that) & Acts 1-4 as well
    BUT.....nerfing difficulty just a few months after release of a content is not usual & doesn't follow the trend of making it compatible with game progress
    It's been roughly 3-4 months since 7.3 released & merely 1-2 months since most people explored it
    Bcoz of that reason alone I think people deserve compensation in this case
    If it would've been 1.5-2 yrs then it would be a different story, but considering the time passed since release, players deserve compensation IMO even if something minor like the monthly packages we are getting fr performance issues
  • Options
    RVBATRVBAT Posts: 1
    Atleast those who have completed the 7.3 100% they should be compensated. As some paradox paths are really difficult and took long to complete. We spent units and potion and boost to complete the paradox. we should be getting some compensation. And there is no discussion or any information given for the changes in any news or anywhere in forum.

It should be equal for all.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Paradox is not hard with skill and a decent roster. Honestly don't understand why they chose to do this instead of fixing the control issues first.

If they want to give out compensation I'll take it, but I honestly don't care if they don't.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

Content gets nerfed after some time to make it compatible with the game economy & progression
    It happened with Act 6 (though it had a different primary reason & people were compensated fr that) & Acts 1-4 as well
    BUT.....nerfing difficulty just a few months after release of a content is not usual & doesn't follow the trend of making it compatible with game progress
    It's been roughly 3-4 months since 7.3 released & merely 1-2 months since most people explored it
    If it would've been 1.5-2 yrs then it would be a different story, but considering the time passed since release, players deserve compensation IMO even if something minor like the monthly packages we are getting fr performance issues

It's been 5 months, nearly 6. But what are you being compensated for? Put it in quantitative terms. Energy refills? Pots? 6 star generic AG? What loss did you incur because it went from 9-12?
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    This is great. I just need to explore 7.3.6 to 100% 7.3. Some paradox was annoying during exploring 7.3 but I wouldn't care for compensation from this change. It's not like Kabam will compensate for every health potions/revives you used. The offset will be a few potions/revives.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    If anyone used more resources on the paradox paths than they're comfortable with, then they clearly weren't skilled and/or prepared enough to deserve the ability to clear them.

I disliked those paths as much as any other player, but I get the purpose for which they were designed.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★

AMS94 said:

It's been 5 months, nearly 6. But what are you being compensated for? Put it in quantitative terms. Energy refills? Pots? 6 star generic AG? What loss did you incur because it went from 9-12?
    7.3 was released 2021. October 13, Wednesday. It hasn't been 4 months yet (4 days to go). Not 5, definitely not 6.

🙂
  • Options

AMS94 said:

7.3 released on 13th Oct in game....today is 9th Feb
    It hasn't been even 4 months completely & u're saying 5-6....that itself lessens the credibility of anything u said
    Coming to what loss it caused.....those few extra potions & revives which would've been saved if the limit had been 12 instead of 9
    I remember a few fights where I died just bcoz the charges went up to 9 bcoz AI behavior is not something the player can control completely
    I know u still won't get it bcoz u have a reputation to maintain on the forums....but it's a genuine take that exploring 7 3 would've cost less to some players if the limit had been 12 instead of 9
    Now go ahead & do ur disagree spams
  • Options

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

It hasn't been even 4 months completely & u're saying 5-6....that itself lessens the credibility of anything u said
    Coming to what loss it caused.....those few extra potions & revives which would've been saved if the limit had been 12 instead of 9
    I remember a few fights where I died just bcoz the charges went up to 9 bcoz AI behavior is not something the player can control completely
    I know u still won't get it bcoz u have a reputation to maintain on the forums....but it's a genuine take that exploring 7 3 would've cost less to some players if the limit had been 12 instead of 9
    October 13th to Feb 13th is 5 months. March is 6 months.
    October
    November
    December
    January
    February

This update wasn't even supposed to happen this month if the rumors are true and likely would have come with 7.4 in March which is 6 months.

So you not being able to count, lessens your credibility right?

I don't disagree spam. I don't even use the reaction buttons for any comments. If I disagree with someone, I'm going to respond. Unlike many others on this forum who think they hold some power by using that button.
    Are u sure u know how to count ??
    Ok let me make it easier & simple enough fr u
    Oct 13 - Nov 12 : 1m
    Nov 13 - Dec 12 : 2m
    Dec 13 - Jan 12 : 3m
    Jan 13 - Feb 12 : 4m

U added 12 days more of Oct, & 15 more of Feb....giving u that extra 5th month
    U should've rechecked yr calculations before posting it online only to lessen ur credibility even more than u already had

Further, irrespective of when the change ws "supposed" to come, it's live in game now so it's still effectively less than 4 months of the node getting nerfed
    And u're trying to extend that 4 to 5 & 6 (even though u're repeatedly failing at that) like that would make any difference in terms of significance of game progression
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

October 13th to Feb 13th is 5 months. March is 6 months.
    October
    November
    December
    January
    February

This update wasn't even supposed to happen this month if the rumors are true and likely would have come with 7.4 in March which is 6 months.

So you not being able to count, lessens your credibility right?

I don't disagree spam. I don't even use the reaction buttons for any comments. If I disagree with someone, I'm going to respond. Unlike many others on this forum who think they hold some power by using that button.
    Are u sure u know how to count ??
    Ok let me make it easier & simple enough fr u
    Oct 13 - Nov 12 : 1m
    Nov 13 - Dec 12 : 2m
    Dec 13 - Jan 12 : 3m
    Jan 13 - Feb 12 : 4m

U added 12 days more of Oct, & 15 more of Feb....giving u that extra 5th month
    U should've rechecked yr calculations before posting it online only to lessen ur credibility even more than u already had

Further, irrespective of when the change ws "supposed" to come, it's live in game now so it's still effectively less than 4 months of the node getting nerfed
    And u're trying to extend that 4 to 5 & 6 (even though u're repeatedly failing at that) like that would make any difference in terms of significance of game progression
    I'm not worried about my credibility. As in the past, if I'm wrong I'll admit it. So yeah, 4 months. I'll agree with that.

Still don't see a need for compensation. You and others cry all the time about how Kabam doesn't care about players and when a beneficial big appears all you can do is ask about compensation. It's not that big of a change and it's not game altering.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Should there have been an announcement if this was an intended change? Yes.

The keyword here being 'intended.'

Fairness, compensation are an entirely separate topic that do not need to be addressed at this time.

• Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    It would have saved a decent amount of revives, energy, and health pots I used on certain Paradox paths because of how crappy it was to manage the charges in spite of the champ abilities, and other nodes.
  • Options
    Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Are you going to complain about the act 6 nerf next?
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★
    Well, what can i say.

Really enjoyed that 7.3

Was a really good Challenge, and i am happy yo see that nerf to give players a breath to make 7.4.