**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bishop counters

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Bishop after his buff has become an inconvenience when fighting against him. What would be the best counters for the newly buffed Bishop?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Naz_786Naz_786 Posts: 150
    Void I wud assume
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    On what node? Generally speaking you want champions with physical attacks, and if possible those who have energy resistance and/or can remove prowess.

So Nimrod and War Machine (fortify pre fight gives him loads of energy resistance) are the best for the latter. Ghost and Warlock are solid options. You can quake him. Falcon shuts down his prowess with lock on. Stark Spidey can cause a lot of damage with power control and the ability to automatically evade his SP1. There are others; those are off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    Incinerate immune/shrugging tech champs are best, such as Ghost, Peni Parker, and Vulture. I’ve found Silver Surfer is also a great option, as the incinerates actually work to his advantage, and you can use your heavy phase mechanic to more easily navigate around his difficult to dex specials.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Rulk is always great.
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Depends on the node. If the node gives him passive prowess that cannot be removed I'll use Void. If the prowess can be removed I'll use Nimrod.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    G99 and void are my goto when I see him in my way in war
  • Options
    Noise72 said:

Depends on the node. If the node gives him passive prowess that cannot be removed I'll use Void. If the prowess can be removed I'll use Nimrod.

Nimrod and War Machine can remove passive prowess.

Void is fine for the incinerate immunity, but his specials are energy attacks. He’s not ideal in some situations, such as war, but for questing he’s fine.

• Options
    Jaded said:

G99 causes energy damage above 100 combo. So again, she works but isn’t always ideal. What tier war?

• Options

Noise72 said:

Nimrod and War Machine can remove passive prowess.

Void is fine for the incinerate immunity, but his specials are energy attacks. He’s not ideal in some situations, such as war, but for questing he’s fine.

Interesting, I just tried last AW to remove passive prowess with Nimrod in Blitz protocol and it didn't seem to work. I will have to try again.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    Noise72 said:

Nimrod is not a good choice against a beefy Bishop defender. His power overload when shocked deals a ton of direct damage and will eat away at Nimrod in a big way. Bishop is the only Mutant defender that Nimrod doesn’t ideally counter.
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    I usually use Void / Cgr / Vulture
    really depends on the node / content
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Ultron smashes him out the park
  • Options
    Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    i find colossus very convenient to use against him....
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    I use HB and bishop won't get to throw a single special.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

G99 causes energy damage above 100 combo. So again, she works but isn’t always ideal. What tier war?

Tier 2/3 I don’t usually have her 100 combo/digi soul and just spam sp1 with power boost or push him to sp2. Easy solo anywhere on the map with g99.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Herc 👀
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,405 ★★★★★
    Do not use Nimrod you'll get wrecked
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Lots of great suggestions already, but I want to give a shout-out to Punisher 2099. He doesn't really "counter" Bishop but his ability to completely deny his opponent power works wonders against Bishop. After all, a special attack is only annoying if it's ever thrown - and with Punisher 2099, it rarely is.

Plus, Punisher 2099's synergy with Nick Fury, which makes you debuff immune if you're incinerated, can act as a great safety net if you mess up a dex or accidentally allow Bishop to throw his SP1.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    @Noise72 @Crazy_Jamie how would use nimrod against him? What would be the rotation? If I use an sp2 the shocks on bishop cause energy damage to nimrod. I’ve done it once and died and realized the best option for bishop is a max sig ultron.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19 said:

@Noise72 @Crazy_Jamie how would use nimrod against him? What would be the rotation? If I use an sp2 the shocks on bishop cause energy damage to nimrod. I’ve done it once and died and realized the best option for bishop is a max sig ultron.

I try to stay in blitz protocol to remove prowess and launch a special 2. Typically dead after that. However, This will not work on a big beefy bishop boss or mini boss. Learned that the hard way last war.