Options

Ninrod, Peni or Silver Centurian? Which is better

SuelgamingSuelgaming Posts: 139
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
need help choosing my next tech 5* R5, since they re relatively new champs, i havent used em much yet
Silver Centurian, Ninrod or Peni (Peni not dupped yet)

still need to do Act7, so that would be the focus

My other R5s are:

Starlord
Vision classic
Guilhotine2099
Warlock
Guardian
Ghost
Sentinel
Sparky

Ninrod, Peni or Silver Centurian? Which is better 83 votes

Ninrod
72%
TheJalliRaganatorBKSwisherSweetSpity68GK_23Leediman39TerraMagrailothosLongshot_33ThatGuyYouSaw235GmonkeyThefire13Wicket329StellarTatteredSailMalreck04LiquidkoldFluffyPigMonsterRockyshockyDenzel116 60 votes
Peni Parker
25%
SpeedbumpFoxhero007Hammerbro_64StainsMobile_P0tat0MiStaLovaDes99dot_dittoBigKidScottyAozerHockeyJonesJaymix79odishika123Rohit_316RiptideKuga_ZAThe_HoTUMutantA___4444The_man001mbgibson 21 votes
Silver Centurian
2%
KaruseusZippy_halligan 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Ninrod
    I can’t speak for peni, but I’ve seen nimrod do work. He’s a tank, he can do damage, and he makes mutants complete jokes.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Peni Parker
    Gmonkey said:

Think of nimrod as the torch for mutants.

There is absolutely nobody in mutant class who is tough to handle except Bishop ...and unfortunately Nimrod can't handle Bishop . So no he is not like Torch ..mystic class has many annoying defenders ..double of mutant class almost
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Not that my answer will help much but I wanted to throw it in there, I don't think you need any of those
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,385 ★★★★★
    Peni Parker
    Go for peni
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★
    Ninrod
    I was gonna say that Nimrod is criminally underrated but apparently I don’t have to
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    @Gmonkey, I don't want to argue semantics over which is better, cause I think Peni and Nimrod are both great (I also have both as 6* R3).

I did throw a disagree on your comment though, but rather than being a disagree spammer, I wanted to explain why.

You said Peni needs several sp1 before her sp2, and I don't think that's true. If you time Peni's special 1 right after they cross a power threshold, she'll get 4 charges for the activation, then 3 more when they cross the same power threshold hold after the initial power burn, for a total of 7 charges.

With a single well timed sp1, I'm usually at 10 or 11 charges by the time I reach my sp2, and obviously, they melt at that point.

When it comes to Nimrod vs Peni, the only factor for me is, do I need heal block (Peni), is the champ incinerate immune (Nimrod), does the champ gain prowess (Nimrod).

Outside of those three factors, I'd have a hard time saying who I think is better.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    I have Vulture at r2, and I agree he's definitely a solid, and probably underrated, champ since his buff, but admittedly, I still haven't found myself using him much yet.

I've got Nimrod, Sentinel, Peni, and Warlock at r3, so with the exception of the shock immunity with a synergy, he's kind of living in the shadows.