**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena is still a joke. Will it ever change?

KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★
Will the setup of arena ever change? With all the mercs and everything else it’s basically just another game mode that’s pointless to players and more times than not a complete waste of time.

How does this get players motivated to play? I spent my entire week of vacation grinding arena.
Round 1 I did 18 mil and get #177. Round 2 I do 29.6 mil and do much worse in the rankings. As someone that already has all 4 rework champs duped it basically means my entire week was wasted on getting 1 sig level on a 5 star champ.

For me I’ve pretty much had it at this point unless something changes. Aq is meh in game with the what feels like pebbles from map 8 crystals. Aw is bugged every season. And all I have yet content wise to finish is act 6 and I’d rather do abyss again.

Comments

• Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    So you did 921 fights in 3 days and only got 1k 6* shards. That is ****. But you knew that when you set out on the first fight. The rewards didn’t change half way through.

If you had made the cut and got the rewards you wanted you would be happy wouldn’t you? Otherwise you wouldn’t have even started the first fight. So basically it’s bitterness that you didn’t make the cut.

It isn’t long ago at all that arena’s were revamped, and as much as I would make several changes and improvements, there are far more important things I believe the devs need to concentrate on.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    Kbugii said:

My point is still being missed. Arena structure needs to change. All the current one does is run people off yet another game mode. That’s not a good way to continue growing a game.

What I was meaning was the fact that I did 307 rounds in 1 arena meaning 921 fights in 3 days just in 1 arena and all I got out of it is 1k 6 star shards. 6 stars aren’t as rare as they used to be. I could’ve gotten the same amount of reward from less than an hour in this months side quest.

I can’t be the only one that feels this way.
    We need a change to continue adapting the game but it means nothing when people just shrug their shoulders.

The thing is, even if the mode changes, what makes you think the end result will be any different?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    The Arena is first and foremost a competition of Points. The more Points you put up, the higher you Rank. That also ties into your Roster. The more Champs you have and the higher you Rank them, the more Points you put up. The whole point of advancing in the Arena is to continue growing our Rosters and competing consistently. Over time, we get better at it.
    There's no guarantees in a blind competition.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    If arena ever gets a rework, then the whole recharge system via units should be removed. That will fix the main problem, everything else just needs to be worked around it
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    I'm confused at what mercs have to do with anything.
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Arena has improved a lot.
    So please vent out your frustrations somewhere.
    Strict actions including bans have been taken against the bots and mercs.
    Its on you if you didn't get the cutoff!
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Arena is way less stressful if you just go for milestones
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 575 ★★★
    I Guess it's time to give us a Cavalier Quality arena.

We are stucked in Uncollected yet.
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★

The Arena is first and foremost a competition of Points. The more Points you put up, the higher you Rank. That also ties into your Roster. The more Champs you have and the higher you Rank them, the more Points you put up. The whole point of advancing in the Arena is to continue growing our Rosters and competing consistently. Over time, we get better at it.
    There's no guarantees in a blind competition.

What ? Overtime you get better ?
    If you keep missing out on rewards and only the people with units can grind out the rewards by completely abandoning sleep and normal life, how will a lower rated player ever be able to make it to the top and advance ?
    The fact that your have to give up on so much and there is no point threshold for guaranteed rewards makes it pointless to try. Cos no one has the patience to blindly grind 3 days of their life and then not get what they actually wanted to get. Seems like a very badly designed outcome.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Remove recharge champions and I bet you the cut off will reduce drastically but that ain't happening for sure.
  • Options

Remove recharge champions and I bet you the cut off will reduce drastically but that ain't happening for sure.

You realize all that does is guarantee the people with the largest stacked rosters always win and there's literally zero way for someone smaller to compete right?
    Yeah i thought that was just logical to make that assumption haha. Largest roster would win, everytime. Jeez people need to actually think before giving suggestions....
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    I can certainly sympathize with the OP. Spending a week grinding the arena and only getting 2,000 6* shards doesn’t feel very rewarding.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited February 2022

I can certainly sympathize with the OP. Spending a week grinding the arena and only getting 2,000 6* shards doesn’t feel very rewarding.

I've stopped bothering with going for or targeting any rank rewards. I tend to just play enough rounds to get the units I'm happy with, and then stop there. It's kind of like a QoL improvement I added myself.