**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Forum usage

Im new at forum can someone give me any tips

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Well before i get another threatening ban for speaking the reality Kabam doesnt want to here…they are thieves,its all lies and cons,NOTHING in the game is a real world item that you could use anywhere so its best to just leave the game and let Kabams devs or the really cool moderators here tell you how awesome it is…for christ sake they keep apologizing for gameplay issues they cant fix.But they can add more ridiculous stuff to pile on top of it.I dont care if i get banned from this chat either,you have no real power over me Kabam,just sit in your mommas basement and eat your hot pockets…i know you were the lonely dorks in school and life haha

Why on earth are you playing this game? Kabam is eating hot pockets in basements making millions and meanwhile you are playing a game that you obviously hate? Makes sense...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Back to the OP, @Fleetway_Silver

There's a lot of code and shorthand on this and other forums. For example, OP = Original Poster
    SMH - Shaking my head, etc

Special mention for "Git gud", which means "I spend an unhealthy amount of time playing this game and surfing the forums, and could choose to answer your question, but because of my deep-seated insecurities, I'm choosing to belittle you to make myself feel momentarily superior". Ignore anyone who uses this phrase as if it's an answer.

If you aren't sure what some random-looking group of letters means, Google it before assuming it's a spelling mistake.

If you have a question about an aspect of the game which you're finding tricky, do use the Search function* (which works around 3/4 of the time) to see if someone has already asked/answered it. But if they haven't, then ask away: 95% of forum users who respond, will respond constructively and helpfully. Ignore the 5% who aren't.

*You may find doing the same thing useful in YouTube. There's a lot of stuff there about how to play. Some very useful stuff, plus conspiracy theories on demand from Prof Hoff. I'd suggest you avoid him and look for Dork Lessons and RichTheMan, who will be genuinely educational and helpful.
    Also, visit this website for a concentrated dose of champion information: https://auntm.ai/champions/
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Observe, Read and keep the comments to minimum. You'll be fine. Welcome to the community.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Don't type nonsensical stuff because you're bored.
    If it sounds funny while you're typing it, it's probably not.
    Seriously though, there are plenty of genuinely helpful here so read lots, post little but don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck on some content or just need advice.

Welcome
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    1. Another helpful tip is that, after searching the forums for a similar topic and finding nothing, try to describe your situation with a reasonable amount of detail. Sure, you could ask "Who should I rank up? Quake or Ronin?" There are a lot of other helpful bits of information that would help us help you more. Maybe you run the suicide masteries. Maybe you are comparing 6* Ronin with 5* Quake. Maybe you are trying to finish some specific bit of content next that Quake doesn't work well for. Maybe you'd just really hate her play style. Maybe you're Masterpuff in disguise. All information that you could easily give us that would make our advice more constructive and relevant.

2. Please structure your posts. You get a small pass if English isn't your first language, but there are often posts that ramble on and seem to forget to use understandable grammar... or punctuation ,, or ever end a sentence and then they just switch to another topic and dont eve n make it clear to the reader and it is just both really difficult to read and difficult to answer properly and if you also happen to.... be making fun of someone else or Kabam while posting like this ,, then prepare to get demolished.

3. Unsure why someone took a shot at 5* accounts, but since you're new, I will describe why that actually should be the opposite of what you do. Typically people with more stars have made a better impact on the forum and can on average know more about the game and the forums than those with less stars. The star system was made for that purpose, and just for fun. You get more stars on the forums for getting positive reactions (found under a post) like "Insightful" or "Agree". This doesn't mean that someone is always more reliable (especially because some people spam posts or happen to be extra sarcastic) but typically they can be more reliable.

4. Post counts are not that important. I tend to take someone more seriously when they have a higher positive reaction:post count ratio. If you post like 4 times in a row like Phill did above, that is usually considered spamming and is frowned upon. I'm hoping he is sarcastic, but my hopes aren't high.

5. If a forum account has an orange "Guardian" like DNA3000's instead of stars, they aren't a Kabam employee but instead just a committed community member who I have found extremely reliable at helping to moderate the forums. Their words aren't infallible but they tend to be really insightful and nice.

6. Be positive, and have fun! The forums aren't all just technical questions, but there is a lot of genuinely enjoyable things to be found on them. Enjoy!
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    "Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed."
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Don't be disrespectful to anyone . Don't do posts in bulk . Everyone's opinion is accepted and You too have the right to express your opinion on someone's opinion. That's it.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    DRTO said:

1. Don't revive old posts
    2. Don't ask for compensation on minimal issues
    3. Don't ask for rankdown tickets/selling champs
    4. Don't make "I have a terrible roster" posts
    5. Don't make "The game is rigged RNG is biased" posts
    6. Don't listen to anyone with 5 silver stars next to their name
    7. Kabam Miike is your God

Hope you enjoy!

Number 6 is another way of saying don't listen to @SpideyFunko
    (Jk jk)
  • Well before i get another threatening ban for speaking the reality Kabam doesnt want to here…they are thieves,its all lies and cons,NOTHING in the game is a real world item that you could use anywhere so its best to just leave the game and let Kabams devs or the really cool moderators here tell you how awesome it is…for christ sake they keep apologizing for gameplay issues they cant fix.But they can add more ridiculous stuff to pile on top of it.I dont care if i get banned from this chat either,you have no real power over me Kabam,just sit in your mommas basement and eat your hot pockets…i know you were the lonely dorks in school and life haha

Why on earth are you playing this game? Kabam is eating hot pockets in basements making millions and meanwhile you are playing a game that you obviously hate? Makes sense...
    Technically, Netmarble and Disney are making millions. That's why the Kabam developers are eating hot pockets.
  • thx yall
    edited February 2022

4. Post counts are not that important. I tend to take someone more seriously when they have a higher positive reaction:post count ratio. If you post like 4 times in a row like Phill did above, that is usually considered spamming and is frowned upon. I'm hoping he is sarcastic, but my hopes aren't high.

There were about 7 posts but the 3 that were full of comedy gold and made the rest make sense got cut by mods and ruined the flow.

Trust me, it was awesome. I laughed the whole time I was typing it :smiley: