**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Grandmaster's Gauntlet Return Date

Hello.

Previously we've been told, that Grandmaster's Gauntlet will return. More than 7-8 months passed, and there is no glimpse of that quest's returning, and there is a ton of players that are waiting for it because they couldn't complete it when it first came out.

Can we get at least approximate date of this quest's returning? Thank you

Comments

• TurpissimusTurpissimus Posts: 24
    The thing is that whilst Maze was announced as a time-limited quest, Grandmaster’s gauntlet was announced as a quest that would be coming back for those who won’t complete it while it’s on for the first time. It was stated very clearly and made me proceed with another bit of content. With nothing else but three Carina challenges left to do in the game, I’d personalny love to see it back. While there was no guarantee on when it would be back, I’d assume even every 6 months wouldn’t be very often.
  • Content like the Gauntlet should come out quarterly IMO. That way there’s less pressure to complete it if you’re not ready for it and it keeps the spenders and end game players entertained. At the moment people rush so hard to complete content like this when they’re not ready for it because they come out once a year and they can elevate their account in a way they aren’t going to get for the rest of the calendar year. If these pieces of content came out a little bit more frequently everyone wins, including Kabam because their players are more entertained, therefore more likely to spend and there’s more hard content to use players’ boosts and items making it more likely for them to spend on consumables.
  • LeovaM said:

Hello.

Previously we've been told, that Grandmaster's Gauntlet will return. More than 7-8 months passed, and there is no glimpse of that quest's returning, and there is a ton of players that are waiting for it because they couldn't complete it when it first came out.

I doubt it. They didn't say "GG will return" in the sense they were scheduling it to return, or in the sense that they were explicitly planning for it to return. They said "GG will return" in the same sense that every James Bond movie says "Bond will return."
  • Mauled said:

Content like the Gauntlet should come out quarterly IMO. That way there’s less pressure to complete it if you’re not ready for it and it keeps the spenders and end game players entertained. At the moment people rush so hard to complete content like this when they’re not ready for it because they come out once a year and they can elevate their account in a way they aren’t going to get for the rest of the calendar year. If these pieces of content came out a little bit more frequently everyone wins, including Kabam because their players are more entertained, therefore more likely to spend and there’s more hard content to use players’ boosts and items making it more likely for them to spend on consumables.

Personally, I would love that, but with a caveat that I think a lot of players would be openly hostile towards, and refuse to accept was necessary. Content like that simply cannot have Gauntlet's rewards.

What prevents us getting Gauntlet style content frequently are two bottlenecks. The first one is developer speed. They simply can't make new quarterly gauntlets. This is not a trivial problem to solve, even if you were willing to hire more bodies to make that content. Dev pipelines simple don't scale that way. That's problem one.

Problem two: the game can't handle four times the amount of Gauntlet rewards. It just can't. How do I know? Because if it could, Gauntlet would have had them. Rewards are budgeted over time, and there's no way to accommodate huge increases in higher tier rewards. So even if we could get tons of end game tier content released per year, the actual amount of rewards would have to be spread out among all of it. You might be able to swing a small increase, but not a several times increase.

(I should say, when I talk about "Gauntlet rewards" I'm referring not to the literal amount of rewards, but the proportional amount of rewards such content contains relative to the time in which it is released. Abyss rewards were huge at release, but they are more moderate today because higher reward tiers have come out since then. New Gauntlet-like content would probably have higher rewards than Gauntlet originally did because it would be relative to today's reward levels, but this talks about scaling beyond that. Whatever you think Gauntlet's rewards would scale to today, the problem is trying to flood the game with four times *that* much rewards).

There are ways to theoretically streamline the dev requirements to make end game content. But there's no way around the reward limits. If the devs believed the end game players would accept challenge content without proportional rewards, just for the entertainment value, I believe they might try to see if there was a solution to the dev resource barrier. But I don't think they do, and I don't think I do either, so trying to work around those limits would be valueless.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    I’d like to see it back, but probably once the whole parry/dex bug fiasco is resolved. I think Kabam are probably delaying content for as long as possible to be able to fix the game.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

LeovaM said:

Hello.

I doubt it. They didn't say "GG will return" in the sense they were scheduling it to return, or in the sense that they were explicitly planning for it to return. They said "GG will return" in the same sense that every James Bond movie says "Bond will return."
    Did the most recent one say that?

Dr. Zola
    7714dtl said:

I think Maze is being remembered alot more fondly then when it was released. I remember alot of people giving that one a pass cause of difficulty.

You’re correct. It was difficult for many players, myself included. Which is why I’d like to see it again. Was it that hard, or was I unable to counter the nodes? How would Herc and Kitty fare?

Dr. Zola
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

If the devs believed the end game players would accept challenge content without proportional rewards, just for the entertainment value, I believe they might try to see if there was a solution to the dev resource barrier. But I don't think they do, and I don't think I do either, so trying to work around those limits would be valueless.

History says most of the players don't want hard content without what they perceive to be appropriate rewards. That was the major complaint when the Maze came out. It's a shame that we can't be happy for a challenge just for the challenge. I didn't complete the Maze as I was low on resources and time when it came out and it irks me. I wish they would release it again.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

LeovaM said:

Hello.

Yes, they did.

Like terminator? Took a couple of years after 3…
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

If the devs believed the end game players would accept challenge content without proportional rewards, just for the entertainment value, I believe they might try to see if there was a solution to the dev resource barrier. But I don't think they do, and I don't think I do either, so trying to work around those limits would be valueless.

History says most of the players don't want hard content without what they perceive to be appropriate rewards. That was the major complaint when the Maze came out. It's a shame that we can't be happy for a challenge just for the challenge. I didn't complete the Maze as I was low on resources and time when it came out and it irks me. I wish they would release it again.

We had R4s at most then. It’ll be a totally different thing nowadays with so many more champs and much higher ranks.

I’ve always found it important to do whatever is time Limited cause it’s really up to Kabam to decide whether or not to bring it back, and if so, when.

For eg, they could wait another 3 years before bringing GM Gauntlet back and they technically didn’t go back on their word..
  • DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

Content like the Gauntlet should come out quarterly IMO. That way there’s less pressure to complete it if you’re not ready for it and it keeps the spenders and end game players entertained. At the moment people rush so hard to complete content like this when they’re not ready for it because they come out once a year and they can elevate their account in a way they aren’t going to get for the rest of the calendar year. If these pieces of content came out a little bit more frequently everyone wins, including Kabam because their players are more entertained, therefore more likely to spend and there’s more hard content to use players’ boosts and items making it more likely for them to spend on consumables.

Personally, I would love that, but with a caveat that I think a lot of players would be openly hostile towards, and refuse to accept was necessary. Content like that simply cannot have Gauntlet's rewards.

What prevents us getting Gauntlet style content frequently are two bottlenecks. The first one is developer speed. They simply can't make new quarterly gauntlets. This is not a trivial problem to solve, even if you were willing to hire more bodies to make that content. Dev pipelines simple don't scale that way. That's problem one.

Problem two: the game can't handle four times the amount of Gauntlet rewards. It just can't. How do I know? Because if it could, Gauntlet would have had them. Rewards are budgeted over time, and there's no way to accommodate huge increases in higher tier rewards. So even if we could get tons of end game tier content released per year, the actual amount of rewards would have to be spread out among all of it. You might be able to swing a small increase, but not a several times increase.

(I should say, when I talk about "Gauntlet rewards" I'm referring not to the literal amount of rewards, but the proportional amount of rewards such content contains relative to the time in which it is released. Abyss rewards were huge at release, but they are more moderate today because higher reward tiers have come out since then. New Gauntlet-like content would probably have higher rewards than Gauntlet originally did because it would be relative to today's reward levels, but this talks about scaling beyond that. Whatever you think Gauntlet's rewards would scale to today, the problem is trying to flood the game with four times *that* much rewards).

There are ways to theoretically streamline the dev requirements to make end game content. But there's no way around the reward limits. If the devs believed the end game players would accept challenge content without proportional rewards, just for the entertainment value, I believe they might try to see if there was a solution to the dev resource barrier. But I don't think they do, and I don't think I do either, so trying to work around those limits would be valueless.
    Gauntlet rewards were spectacular, but there’s nothing stopping them from releasing content that’s hard, temporary and rewarding; the loot doesn’t necessarily have to change the status quo - just don’t put tons of sig stones into it and it won’t impact the prestige race which is ultimately what the economy is built around. Kabam barely play test their releases as evidenced in frankly most of their releases of 2021 and outside of Act content most of their nodes are recycled into different combinations.

It’s not going to take them 12 months to pick 10 bosses, give them some nodes that’ll make them hard but not total BS and give a chunk of 6* shards and T5B.

Players complain if there is content, if there isn’t content, if the content that there is is too easy or hard and if the rewards are poor or too good. I’d say I probably fall into the majority of end game players by saying that it’d be nice to just have the option of doing some interesting champion and node combinations, most of whom don’t complain when mid-tier content is put out for mid tier players.

If Kabam have a bottleneck in releasing content then they need to revise their processes because releasing content is what their business model is built on because that’s what generates them revenue.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

All of what you say in true about rewards… until they give us gifting!!!

This then makes these whole 6 paragraphs obsolete - they can enable more rewards if they wanted, difference is they want to lock them behind ££/$$
  • Monk1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

All of what you say in true about rewards… until they give us gifting!!!

This then makes these whole 6 paragraphs obsolete - they can enable more rewards if they wanted, difference is they want to lock them behind ££/$$
    In a world where you have to pay for things, no, the gifting event doesn't make those words obsolete. Every source of rewards has the same pro and con balancing tension regardless of whether they are earned, given away for free, or sold. But the distinction here is that the resources they sell directly supports the continued existence of the game. And *most* of the time the resources that spenders get is crappy compared to the money they spend. Sometimes it is stellar. This averages out over time across all spenders.

Saying if they can do it there they can do it everywhere else is sort of missing the point of budgeting. Spending here doesn't mean you can spend there. Usually, it is the reverse. The gifting event is not rewards on top of the game that are exempt from the rules, they are part *of* the game that all resource balancing must account for.
  • DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

LeovaM said:

Hello.

Dr. Zola
    As a matter of fact, I'm pretty certain at the end of the credits it did.
  • DNA3000 said:

LeovaM said:

Hello.

Yes, they did.

In fact, both at the time I read it and now as I reread it, I don't see this saying it would return in the sense of them scheduling it to return and just not telling us when. They said they intend to eventually rerelease it, but left it completely open ended as to when this might be.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

LeovaM said:

Hello.

Dr. Zola
    Maybe 007. But not Bond. ;)

Dr. Zola
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

LeovaM said:

Hello.

Dr. Zola
    Maybe 007. But not Bond. ;)

Dr. Zola
    If Spiderman can be in high school for fifty years, Bond can return.
    So now there’s a Bond multiverse???

Dr. Zola