**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How about bringing 6-stars to incursion crystals?

As the title suggests how about bringing 6-star crystal to incursion store?
I know right now there is 6-stars shards available but seeing how much far 6-stars have come in the game, I'm guessing it'd be fair to expect some 6-star incursion crystal soon?

Comments

• Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    That is if Incursions still exists when Battlegrounds takes over...
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I think they should add a whole bunch of stuff to incursion, including catalyst shards.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    In desperate need of update. For some time now. Simply reduce your cooldown by half then it’s worth it again. Barely.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

My feeling is that incursions is already dead

It’s such a high effort game mode. When I’ve played with a friend, it requires coordinating and blocking time, which is hard to do on a busy schedule. Even when I’ve been in the same room with my incursions partner, it’s still a time suck.

And when I’ve played with random partners, it’s often a disaster. I’ve had a few solid random matches, but it’s really too big a risk for anything more than topping off milestones in Sector 7.

Add in outdated rewards, game lag and frequent strange interactions, and it’s been dead to me for a while now. Shame, because it’s a cool concept, but it could really benefit from some streamlining.

Dr. Zola
    What do you propose to reduce time? Because I agree with what you said. It takes 4 rooms, which is about 20-25 or so minutes to get the milestone rewards/room 10 (too long)
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    DrZola said:

Siliyo said:

DrZola said:

It’s such a high effort game mode. When I’ve played with a friend, it requires coordinating and blocking time, which is hard to do on a busy schedule. Even when I’ve been in the same room with my incursions partner, it’s still a time suck.

And when I’ve played with random partners, it’s often a disaster. I’ve had a few solid random matches, but it’s really too big a risk for anything more than topping off milestones in Sector 7.

Add in outdated rewards, game lag and frequent strange interactions, and it’s been dead to me for a while now. Shame, because it’s a cool concept, but it could really benefit from some streamlining.

Dr. Zola
    What do you propose to reduce time? Because I agree with what you said. It takes 4 rooms, which is about 20-25 or so minutes to get the milestone rewards/room 10 (too long)
    One approach would be more points per zone—consider being able to choose a point booster if you keep the intermediate defenders concealed, or if you could choose harder modifiers for more points. Additionally consider bonuses that decrease based on the amount of time to clear a zone.

Another would be to simply change the format of the map for fewer fights—perhaps even being able to jump straight to the boss (degen node would have to be changed), who would consequently have more nodes and health (think: taking AW or AQ bosses noded).

Cool-down times should be slightly reduced, and I’d even consider putting rewards on the harder paths (artifacts, for example). Friendship crystals should actually increase in value as you play more with the same partners (or should encourage play with more partners).

Just off top of the head…I’m sure there are constraints for these as well as plenty of better ideas.

Dr. Zola

P.S. Optimally, there’d also be a way to salvage a room if your partner bailed.
    A while back I discussed adding a sort of karma point system where you lose points if you bail out early in a dungeon or just leave even though you have health left on your champions. Obviously there would have to be some hard lines drawn somewhere, but it would only affect who you get paired with. Eg: people who bail a lot get matched with people who bail a lot and people who stick it out get matched with people who stick it out. There would have to be some sort of redemption obviously, but I feel like it could easily cut down on the bad random matches that I so often get.

Also, to the OP’s question, I would love some 6* incursions crystals, but they would have to make a new level or two to start with and give better rewards for it to be a more enticing yet achievable reward. I still do them occasionally but they really are a struggle to enjoy when playing random. I do have friends who play the game but they’re all more at a barely Cav level while I’ve been TB for over a year. Kinda makes it a roulette of a mode, with slim pickings for rewards.
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Only way I play incursions is with 2 of my own accounts and that is a huge block of time that is just not worth the effort. Only time I seem to do it now is when its tied to some other monthly objective.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,322 ★★★★★
    I have a bad feeling that it will be atleast 50k incursion artifact's for 6 star shards which is tough to be earned
  • Options
    Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155
    I dont think the game is ready for such a drastic change, like we literally just get 2k shards for 30k artifacts
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    A lot commenting on the effort and time it takes. With a good partner, the right champs, and a little luck on your hacks. You can roll thru ten rooms sec 8 in 30-45 minutes. Had CMM heavying for 75k by room 6 just couple days ago.
    Very dependent and vital to have a savvy skilled partner tho to move quickly of course.
    I like incursions. They just need a little love on the rewards. The rewards aren’t worth the hassle unless you have the ideal teammate.
  • Options
    JoeqwJoeqw Posts: 55
    Limited pool 6* crystals for 100k artifacts would seem reasonable and valuable to me. Take multiple months to earn and give end game players something to focus on.
  • Options
    JoeqwJoeqw Posts: 55
    Until 7.4 drops the game is pretty stale and has been for a few months. Give us a few more game modes and outlets for rewards.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

A lot commenting on the effort and time it takes. With a good partner, the right champs, and a little luck on your hacks. You can roll thru ten rooms sec 8 in 30-45 minutes. Had CMM heavying for 75k by room 6 just couple days ago.
    Very dependent and vital to have a savvy skilled partner tho to move quickly of course.
    I like incursions. They just need a little love on the rewards. The rewards aren’t worth the hassle unless you have the ideal teammate.

This is a great summation. I also think it’s why the mode falls a little short: everything has to line up just-so, or it turns unenjoyable.

Spot on.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★

Yeah, for me, I have to plan for it to take around an hour and a half to go all the way through room 10 in sector 7 or 8 since I have to rely on a random summoner. Definitely can be easier but it is rare. I don't know if there is really much of a way to speed up all of the little interactions without simplifying the entire game mode somehow.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited February 2022

If it’s dead then Kabam chose to make it dead. I don’t think it is cos it’s my favorite mode of the game besides story content. It sucks when you die cos of input issues since there’s no compensation for this mode. But why would they, it feels like an abandon part of the game. All it needs is a little bit of love, update the store, increase the rewards, etc and it will attract more people. They’d rather spend time and effort into bring something completely new while there are parts of the game they can improve by showing a bit love to it.