**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Snow/Rain background issue/bug - slow motion [Under Investigation]

13»

Comments

• Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    edited June 2017
    @Kabam Wolf

I am on an iPhone 6s, never had lag on this device before the 13.1 update.. It happens most often during elemental effects, but on occasion randomly on arenas too during a combo
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    @Kabam Wolf, please pick up and iPhone 6 / 6 plus and try to play the game when you get a level with snow. Please, just try it. I guarantee you will lose the fight if the character has PI even remotely close to you.

Please just turn the weather effects off before AQ starts and people get really upset. I already am going to miss out on my starlord since i keep losing my infinite streak. Please, just turn them off they are distracting anyways. It's a simple fix and can be temporary until you guys figure out what is going on.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. I just double checked with the team, and the weather effects should now be disabled for all iOs devices. You might need to close and restart the app to see the change. Thanks so much for sticking with us!
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. I just double checked with the team, and the weather effects should now be disabled for all iOs devices. You might need to close and restart the app to see the change. Thanks so much for sticking with us!
    Cool but, What about some Androids?. The fire, smoke, particles, magic effects cause lag, stuttering, then crash.
    It would be useful a setting for disable it if people want a smoother play rather than eyecandy.
    Then your developers would have time for check it, find the problem in the code and fix it.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Manup456 wrote: »
    Slow motion bug has been around for a while even before the update I posted this video a while back.
    Well, at least that slow motion seem like is for everything in the game.

Sometimes happen a lag and champs starts stuttering in the screen and/or are unresponsive, at that time the AI seems like have more fluency and can screw your champs with no problem.
    It's even more hilarious because you can watch your attack frozen front the AI face while your champ stutter, but a second later when unfreeze your attack "never happened" and the AI attack you back as machine.
    Spino wrote: »
    Simple thing: turn weather effects off. Problem solved.
    TheBlet wrote: »
    Yes alot of those affects can be disabled. i dont need to fight in snow wth. Also, i would be ok with the background animations gone. Like the ships taking off and landing.
    I support this.
    A setting would save many worries and developers will gain many time for check it and fix it. Because there is a problem, those effects didn't hurt time ago, and shouldn't be a problem.
    Stljab wrote: »
    It's occuruing more.Now it seems like 1 out of every 3 fights in arena the weather animation is popping up :( hopefully it will be fixed soon?
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Yea, it was less earlier in the day but I just lost my infinite streak now and can't get it back because I am getting it often 2/3 times in one matchup....please fix Kabam!
    Sorry to heard it, I feel it because I have had that problem around 3 weeks or more and grind was a nightmare, eventually I stopped grinding.
    Maybe I shouldn't celebrate too soon but happily the last update improved the crash problem for me, I can have many match without crash, even I could have huge lag but no the imminent crash. It still crash (once per 5 match's) but it's not the crash pandemic I had for weeks (once per match). But the lag/stutter problem is still here for me, maybe worst than before and grind is a very slow process.
  • Options
    Jammin5988Jammin5988 Posts: 66
    Ah well, as long as you've sorted it out for iOS users that's alright then. Screw us android users, we don't need the game to be working.....
  • Options
    @Kabam Wolf, Thank you so much for this. I noticed last night the effects were no longer being generated. Appreciate you getting a fix out.
  • Options
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Cool but, What about some Androids?. The fire, smoke, particles, magic effects cause lag, stuttering, then crash.
    It would be useful a setting for disable it if people want a smoother play rather than eyecandy.
    Then your developers would have time for check it, find the problem in the code and fix it.

I am very surprised that there are no "Video Options" for the game that allow individual users to configure these types of effects to get the best experience for their devices. Even bundling groups of settings into general tiers like "Low Quality" "Medium Quality" "High Quality" and "Ultra Quality" for graphics would help.

Being able to set things like particle effects, shaders, texture quality, weather, etc. would be nice, but any ability to set custom graphics options on the client side would be a great start.
  • Options
    MarvelKeekMarvelKeek Posts: 31
    @Kabam Wolf Android users are having lag with background effects too- specifically with floating embers, and electricity bolts and aircraft landings- but on other screens too. Can we get the magic shut off too?