**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

DO NOT USE AAR ON KANG, he wasn’t bug tested at all

13»

Comments

• CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

Hey team,

The Kang fight can be a little confusing, given all of the factors that come into play from different lanes, number of Paradox/Class of your Champs, etc., so if I need more information or am misunderstanding you, please let me know.

From what I can tell here, we're just talking about Ability Accuracy reduction though, and how that can negatively affect you as the Attacker. This is intentional and is not exclusive to the Kang fight. AAR can be detrimental in many parts of the game, and this is one of them.

How can a 12% AAR affect an ability with 140% ability accuracy? That’s all I want to know really. If that’s explained I’ll hang up the towel. I do appreciate the repose though.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★

Hey team,

The Kang fight can be a little confusing, given all of the factors that come into play from different lanes, number of Paradox/Class of your Champs, etc., so if I need more information or am misunderstanding you, please let me know.

From what I can tell here, we're just talking about Ability Accuracy reduction though, and how that can negatively affect you as the Attacker. This is intentional and is not exclusive to the Kang fight. AAR can be detrimental in many parts of the game, and this is one of them.

Do the Kang mission.

Still take damage.

I think it’s clear this is as unintentional as it can get.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Whatever the reason, it shouldn’t be happening. It’s not in the spirit of the match..

https://youtu.be/cYV3FfPWKfk
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Hey team,

Venom Vs Kang boss, no linked nodes to the boss, kang being at 65% health and in his second phase: I use my special to complete the challange but the moment that the special ends the corrisponding number becomes red instead of green, and i take damage. I have no way to reduce my opponent's AA, and the only thing that could have caused this is a Kang's ability in his second phase that reduces the attacker's AA when using specials. If this is true, it means that is the Attacker's AA that determines if the ability will work or fail, and it also means that reducing Kang's AA shouldn't matter at all. So, which interaction is the bugged one? ^^"
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Funnily Kabam still isn't willing to clarify on this issue (or in general sense any issue).

Nothing to clarify
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★

Funnily Kabam still isn't willing to clarify on this issue (or in general sense any issue).

This isn’t a bug. Just do not use a champ with AA reduction. It is intentional
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Yes this is working as intended no aar of any form or you die

Nothing to clarify
    If there's nothing to clarify, how do you explain the situation posted by me right before the comment you quoted? How can an ability be affected by both my own AA and my opponent's one at the same time?

Nothing to clarify
    If there's nothing to clarify, how do you explain the situation posted by me right before the comment you quoted? How can an ability be affected by both my own AA and my opponent's one at the same time?
    Yes. I read your post. Yours most probably is a bug. I was talking about the other issue with people not understanding that the AAR reduction messing up is intentional which universal gaming is in

Yes. I read your post. Yours most probably is a bug. I was talking about the other issue with people not understanding that the AAR reduction messing up is intentional which universal gaming is in

This is the point: you think my interaction was a bug and the "defender's AA reduced" interaction is correct, I think the exact opposite. Without a clarification from kabam we won't know for sure who is right and which interaction is the correct one ^_^

This is the point: you think my interaction was a bug and the "defender's AA reduced" interaction is correct, I think the exact opposite. Without a clarification from kabam we won't know for sure who is right and which interaction is the correct one ^_^
    You think reducing kangs ability accuracy should not be an issue when it is explicitly stated that it is an issue in his kit?
    edited March 2022

You think reducing kangs ability accuracy should not be an issue when it is explicitly stated that it is an issue in his kit?

I think that I fought that guy six times with the Assassin mastery active and I never failed a prompt due to AAR from my side, but I failed multiple times while being in his second phase.
    His ability sheet also says:

"When the timer expires, if the Opponent has that many Bars of Power, they have a 140% chance to gain a Power Charge. If they do not gain one or it fails due to chance, they instead take 12278.4 Direct Damage, unaffected by Ability Accuracy."

It doesn't say that reducing his AA will be detrimental, just failing due to AAR in general. Since he can reduce the attacker's AA in his second phase it could be like I said, or it could as you are saying. That's why, again, I would love to see a clarification ^_^
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Sorry for reviving this thread but I guess the fight is still the same.

"How can a 12% AAR affect an ability with 140% ability accuracy? That’s all I want to know really. If that’s explained I’ll hang up the towel. I do appreciate the response though."

What @Cain said, most definitely is a bug, right?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Interesting post. A heads up in one way.
  • DadbodtoddDadbodtodd Posts: 1
    Power loop is paused while USING the corresponding special attack
    Power loop is removed and attacker gains a charge when kang is KNOCKED DOWN from corresponding special
    The only time the 140% chance is mentioned is when you let the timer EXPIRE when attackeer has the appropriate power bar.
    Unless specified elsewhere, I am assuming that gaining a charge by using a the correct special is set at 100% chance to gain a charge which if affected by AAR will drop below 100% and give you a chance to fail and take X damage
    The portion that mentions the damage you get for failing to gain a charge should be moved to the "always active" part of his kit as i do believe it applies to failing to gain ANY charge and not only the charge gained from the timer expiring.