**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stand Your Ground Broken?

124»

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★

Hey there, just wanted to clear some things up. The Stand Your Ground mastery has always been able to activate during later parts of a multi-hit Heavy Attack, even if the first part breaks a block. This doesn't guarantee that it will activate against Heavy Attacks that hit multiple times, but it does give it more chances to activate.

Lol sure. Then why only old(and exactly 4) champs are getting effected by this.
    I'm saying this again, SYG is working fine. Hit boxes are bugged.
    Lol man, SheHulk really can't catch a break when is comes to heavy attacks.
    I dont use her in wars, I'll be fine if she stays bugged either way.

Jump to 2:40
    https://youtu.be/YLAK1ly57LE
    @Munash brother, you are not safe anymore.
    (I don't think munash uses forums anymore)@BitterSteel You got some insights?
    As a Negative player, can you share some of your thoughts on this one?
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143

Hey there, just wanted to clear some things up. The Stand Your Ground mastery has always been able to activate during later parts of a multi-hit Heavy Attack, even if the first part breaks a block. This doesn't guarantee that it will activate against Heavy Attacks that hit multiple times, but it does give it more chances to activate.

Just to clarify. You’re saying that we (the players) are able to block mid heavy after a hit confirm from the heavy?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Just to clarify. You’re saying that we (the players) are able to block mid heavy after a hit confirm from the heavy?
    With syg, yes.
  • DataCoolDataCool Posts: 17

That's a 100% lie my friend! i've been playing this game since 7 years now!
    I always used she hulk a lot, it never happened in 7 years game play before
    that the first hits connects and the second doesn't!!

Of course SYG mastery sometimes prevents first hit of heavy,
    that's fine a player could react on this.

But doing a heavy attack, first hits strike and second doesn't is ridiculous !!!
    Sometimes this "resist" also ends in a parry stun for the attacker.

If u saying this is working like intended, it always worked like that u didn't know your game !
    So what should the players do now ?
    Stop using Champs with multiple hits heavy ?
    Because with all these champs doing a heavy attack means totally random if u get blocked, parried or even stunned!
    In T1 AW bad rng once means u are dead !

This behavior is new since 2-3 weeks !
    Who thinks this is happening randomly shortly before aw season with new global ....

Here is an other thread about the same topic maybe after watching the videos
    u realize that can't be intended!
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/244775/heavy-connects-on-1st-hit-but-2nd-hit-is-resisted#latest

With syg, yes.
    Was actually looking for a moderator @Kabam Zibiit to confirm.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

With syg, yes.
    Was actually looking for a moderator @Kabam Zibiit to confirm.
    Check the thread. I've posted doing it from my end.

Thanks for taking the time and providing an evidence. But we already seen maw vs she hulk in here.
    If you can repeat this with any other champion other than she hulk. Imiw is one of the slowest heavy champs.
    I don't think there is a bug with SYG, feels more of a she hulk heavy problem.
    Have you tried or have you been able to recreate this against anyone except She-Hulk or perhaps other older champs with slow 2-hit heavies?

Thanks for taking the time and providing an evidence. But we already seen maw vs she hulk in here.
    If you can repeat this with any other champion other than she hulk. Imiw is one of the slowest heavy champs.
    Have you tried or have you been able to recreate this against anyone except She-Hulk or perhaps other older champs with slow 2-hit heavies?
    Just 3 more champs.
    Rocket, SL and void.

If this can happen to anyone try Resisting Hercules and negative lol, and all of the champs I mentioned in a previous comment.
    If this is not bugged it should be consistent regardless... Not just said champs, there are 100 more champs you cant create this against.

50% chance is a huge number. You can't say you got hit with 200 heavies and didn't recreate this a single time. SYG is working correctly, she hulk heavy hit box is bugged.

It's just She-hulk, Who cares right?
    If this was Negative or Hercules or tigra, this thread would've gone in different direction..
    I don't have any plans on using shehulk in wars, So as a player, I don't care enough to get bothered by this one. There are far too many things that need fixing before this.
    I'll just add this to my list of things that are never getting fixed and move on.

Most champs are working fine, and will not trigger SYG mid heavy, and that's all there is to this topic.

Just 3 more champs.
    Rocket, SL and void.

If this can happen to anyone try Resisting Hercules and negative lol, and all of the champs I mentioned in a previous comment.
    If this is not bugged it should be consistent regardless... Not just said champs, there are 100 more champs you cant create this against.

50% chance is a huge number. You can't say you got hit with 200 heavies and didn't recreate this a single time. SYG is working correctly, she hulk heavy hit box is bugged.

If this was Negative or Hercules or tigra, this thread would've gone in different direction..
    I don't have any plans on using shehulk in wars, So as a player, I don't care enough to get bothered by this one. There are far too many things that need fixing before this.
    I'll just add this to my list of things that are never getting fixed and move on.

Most champs are working fine, and will not trigger SYG mid heavy, and that's all there is to this topic.
    While I agree with what you’ve said, I do absolutely care about She-Hulk having a bugged hit box. I have been and continue to use her in t1 war for years now. She’s exceptional paired with MF. So this definitely isn’t fair to She-Hulk players or any other players who’s champs are affected.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    @SirGamesBond since you asked previously for insight and you keep saying the hit box is the issue (which may contribute), it is ultimately the hit stun duration of the previous hit being shorter than the recovery time before the second hit lands.

Fictitious numbers. Say the first hit has an animation duration of .7 seconds before the second hit lands and the hit stun time is .65 seconds, that gives the opponent .05 seconds to perform an action before the second hit lands allowing them to bring up a block triggering SYG.
    edited March 2022

@SirGamesBond since you asked previously for insight and you keep saying the hit box is the issue (which may contribute), it is ultimately the hit stun duration of the previous hit being shorter than the recovery time before the second hit lands.

Fictitious numbers. Say the first hit has an animation duration of .7 seconds before the second hit lands and the hit stun time is .65 seconds, that gives the opponent .05 seconds to perform an action before the second hit lands allowing them to bring up a block triggering SYG.

I didn't knew what term to use here, Thanks.

The obvious thing I encountered when I tested few champs for ex. apoc and imiw, the opponent is pseudo stunned for the duration of heavy after first hit connects.
    Which shows that the animation part of she-hulk's heavy is inconsistent, and it has no relation with SYG.

Just 3 more champs.
    Rocket, SL and void.

While I agree with what you’ve said, I do absolutely care about She-Hulk having a bugged hit box. I have been and continue to use her in t1 war for years now. She’s exceptional paired with MF. So this definitely isn’t fair to She-Hulk players or any other players who’s champs are affected.
    I can see why players can get frustrated from an unintended interaction.
    While this issue doesn't effect me, but since I can relate to these things, that's why I've been supporting this thread from the beginning.