**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Heavy connects on 1st hit but 2nd hit is resisted?!

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    took a kill grey comment to make me realize how old this is
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    guys there was another thread lately about this same issue and kabam zibit replied that stand your ground can trigger on a second or even third hit of the heavy, even in the case in which the first or second hit did connect. Basically it's never safe to heavy into a block because syg can trigger on every single hit, regardless of whether it connected at first. This makes it so the chance of the defender resisting increases for each hit of your heavy... I doubt this is working as intended but this is what kabam decided
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Thanks 🙏🏽 for the link. It definitely cannot be working as intended if what you’re saying is accurate about Kabam’s response.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

took a kill grey comment to make me realize how old this is

I swear I've seen this exact same comment on another thread
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Even if this is an old issue, this is very significant, esp. with the current meta and recent shifts of the game. E.g., there have been more champion designs that encourage us to use heavies. Shulk is obv the one here, but same with Tigra, Karnak, Herc, apoc, etc. Not to mention, a lot of new champions have multi hit heavies.

All this to say that this needs immediate attention, esp. with a new war season beginning today.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,199 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    She hulk is bugged forever, Big whoop!! Right?

Hypothetical Situation:
    Hercules heavy's first hit connect and second hit gets resisted in war
    Community:

(Hercs heavy is fine btw)
    edited March 2022
    So here’s what I’ve discovered so far… Doesn’t seem like you can resist + parry stun the 2nd hit of any of these heavies if the 1st hit connects, only if you resist the 1st hit does that seem possible. EXCEPT She-Hulk and DDHK so far in my testing. With these 2 champs you can get hit with their 1st heavy hit BUT can resist + parry stun the 2nd hit. Sure they have slower heavies but so do the rest of these champs, and I’d argue that most of these are even slower than She-Hulk and DDHK’s heavy attack. RagThor, Apoc both appear to have obviously slower heavies, yet I cannot seem to create the “hit confirm on 1st hit, parry stun 2nd hit” scenario.

Kabam let’s discuss. This is working as intended? I cannot believe it is.

Apoc has one of the slowest 2-hit heavies in the game yet I cannot seem to create the aforementioned scenario. It took me 2 minutes to create this multiple times with She-Hulk and her heavy is faster than Apoc’s.

And for those that don’t care about She-Hulk how about Void?

So here’s what I’ve discovered so far… Doesn’t seem like you can resist + parry stun the 2nd hit of any of these heavies if the 1st hit connects, only if you resist the 1st hit does that seem possible. EXCEPT She-Hulk and DDHK so far in my testing. With these 2 champs you can get hit with their 1st heavy hit BUT can resist + parry stun the 2nd hit. Sure they have slower heavies but so do the rest of these champs, and I’d argue that most of these are even slower than She-Hulk and DDHK’s heavy attack. RagThor, Apoc both appear to have obviously slower heavies, yet I cannot seem to create the “hit confirm on 1st hit, parry stun 2nd hit” scenario.

Kabam let’s discuss. This is working as intended? I cannot believe it is.

While we're at it, get this man a QA position at Kabam

Thank you 🙏🏽 at least someone is listening.
    Add Venompool to the list.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    This has already been explained. A Heavy can be comprised of more than one Hit. It can trigger at different times.
  • GodMan114GodMan114 Posts: 45

This has already been explained. A Heavy can be comprised of more than one Hit. It can trigger at different times.

It logically doesn't make sense, as I explained above. If you can block a heavy after the first hit being successful, then why can't you block a combo or a special attack after the first hit is successful? It is the SAME EXACT difference.
    GodMan114 said:

It logically doesn't make sense, as I explained above. If you can block a heavy after the first hit being successful, then why can't you block a combo or a special attack after the first hit is successful? It is the SAME EXACT difference.
    No it's not. Any Hit in a Heavy is a block-breaking Hit. Some Heavies are comprised of more than one Hit. It can trigger with any Hit within a Heavy.
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★

Here we go. Do you play this game competitively or even at all? Honest question. You are on these forums more than anyone I’ve ever seen, it’s not even close. How can you weigh in so frequently on here and simultaneously play with any kind of competitiveness?

But I digress.

Yes I’d say off the top of my head the majority of all heavies in this game are comprised of more than 1 hit.

No my testing is certainly not a definitive conclusion but I spent quite a few hours dueling many champs with max SYG. She-Hulk was far and away the easiest opponent to achieve the above result of hit confirm on 1st hit of a heavy but resist + parry the 2nd hit in her heavy. Not even close.

Was able to get this same result against DDHK, VP and Void with Void being almost as easy and quick to achieve as She-Hulk (possibly easier tbh since his heavy is slower overall and 3 slow hits at that) and I haven’t tested everyone yet.

Couldn’t achieve this result vs Falcon yet he has the same heavy animation and seemingly the exact same timing as DDHK.

So what I’m suggesting is that these above champs (so far anyway) are bugged in some way whereas their heavies do not put the opponent in hit stun long enough when landing a hit confirm (1st hit) on their heavy. And no I’m not talking about a stun in the parry stun sense, I’m taking about when you land a heavy attack (1st hit) the entire heavy lands since the opponent should not be able to block at all throughout the entire heavy. Resisting on the 1st hit of a heavy, be it 1 single hit or multiple, is how SYG works. Not after a successful hit confirm.

Otherwise that would mean that some champs, like the ones I tested above, are being punished for… what? Having a slow heavy?

Again Apoc probably has the slowest heavy in the game yet I was not able to create the ‘1st hit confirm on heavy, 2nd hit resisted and/or parried’ only resist, resist + parry.
    What makes more sense:

That She-Hulk, who has already been reworked and then “adjusted” again post rework to fix her ‘heavy chaining from combo’ ability, still has a bugged heavy (frames, hit box, etc..) subsequently resulting in this SYG issue I’ve made this post about.

Or

That this SYG interaction is working as intended across the board for all champs including She-Hulk?
    You can make quips about whether I play or not, but I've been playing for 6 years, and I've seen the Resist trigger at different times. I've explained it, Kabam has responded on it, not sure what more can be said.

You can make quips about whether I play or not, but I've been playing for 6 years, and I've seen the Resist trigger at different times. I've explained it, Kabam has responded on it, not sure what more can be said.

I do make quips. Because you seem out of touch with the entire player base often.

What more can be said is that some champs, to include She-Hulk, Void, DDHK, VP and likely others, have bugged heavies.

What more can be said is: Yes those champs have bugged heavies or no those champs’ heavies are working as intended within this SYG interaction I’ve demonstrated in this post. Has to be one or the other right?
    This is similar to how some champs cannot be heavy spammed in general. Like g99 , storm px and so on. And some champs cannot heavy spam against some opponents

I do make quips. Because you seem out of touch with the entire player base often.

What more can be said is that some champs, to include She-Hulk, Void, DDHK, VP and likely others, have bugged heavies.

What more can be said is: Yes those champs have bugged heavies or no those champs’ heavies are working as intended within this SYG interaction I’ve demonstrated in this post. Has to be one or the other right?
    Zibiit confirmed that this is working as intended in another Thread. Was that not sufficient as per your question?
    Amms90 said:

Zibiit confirmed that this is working as intended in another Thread. Was that not sufficient as per your question?
    That's true but there's many of us who disagree with that statement given the fact the interaction doesn't work the same for all champs and above all else it's really nonsensical that you resist my block breaking hit with your block while you're not blocking anymore lol
    Honest question here, suppose champion A us doing a multi hit heavy on champion B. If due to some mechanic , champion A gets stunned in the middle of the heavy, how long would champion B be unable to make a move? ie, how long till Champion B is able to block again? Note that the stun in champion A is atleast 30 seconds
    If all you're interested in doing is calling me names, and you don't even agree with those who work for Kabam themselves, then I'm not the one being controversial here. There's no reason to further discuss it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    I raised this issue in June 2017. It's not a new thing. I also doubt I was the first to bring it up so its likely that it has happened since the mastery was first unlocked.

The way it works is silly in my opinion but its also the way it is.

Amms90 said:

That's true but there's many of us who disagree with that statement given the fact the interaction doesn't work the same for all champs and above all else it's really nonsensical that you resist my block breaking hit with your block while you're not blocking anymore lol
    Honest question here, suppose champion A us doing a multi hit heavy on champion B. If due to some mechanic , champion A gets stunned in the middle of the heavy, how long would champion B be unable to make a move? ie, how long till Champion B is able to block again? Note that the stun in champion A is atleast 30 seconds

Champion A is mid-heavy upon Champion B. Champion A is then stunned for 30 secs by “some mechanic” during his own heavy.
    Champion B is in hit stun from the heavy inflicted by Champion A for the full duration of Champion A’s heavy, whatever that duration may be, as it varies from champ to champ.