**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why KABAM changes the compensations?

RichAntonyStarkRichAntonyStark Posts: 14
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
Remembering all the bugs that kabam has introduced to the game over the years, I ask to kabam mike: why the last compensation is poor and has a different scheme than past years where the compensation was according to the player's progression on story mode and included shards, orbs, badges etc

2018 Compensations

2019 Compensation

2020 Compensation

2021 Compensation

The Last compensation

I think kabam should reconsider a true compensation following its traditional model

Comments

• DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    He is on to something. Not with the most recent comp, but the rest of them
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Be thankful u even got one. J couldn't attend one war->got kicked->realised that one war will give compensation.
    At the end of the day, no compensation for me at least
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    If I'm not mistaken the big compensation in 2021 was back in June, fingers crossed we get a big compensation a year after that where the issues persist.
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★

Bigfoot33 said:

He's not wrong, that massive glitch/bug was widespread and did not just effect AW. And we've been receiving weekly aw/aq compensation and recently monthly questing comp. The days of nexus crystals and glory have vanished completely.

Can you tell me how glory or Nexus crystals help you with parry and dex issues? Because that's what the weekly comp we've been getting is for. It's trying to alleviate resources used because of the issues. You aren't missing out on glory or Nexus crystals. Just say that you don't understand compensation next time.

Bigfoot33 said:

He's not wrong, that massive glitch/bug was widespread and did not just effect AW. And we've been receiving weekly aw/aq compensation and recently monthly questing comp. The days of nexus crystals and glory have vanished completely.

Can you tell me how glory or Nexus crystals help you with parry and dex issues? Because that's what the weekly comp we've been getting is for. It's trying to alleviate resources used because of the issues. You aren't missing out on glory or Nexus crystals.
    For once, I agree with Demon.
    The issues with parry, dex results in usage of pots and revives and that's what the weekly compensations are meant to compensate.
    Unable to parry, dex at the correct moment dosen't means that you're losing Nexus due to them.
    Don't be greedy.
    The issues also result in rage, irritation, and quitting. No, we do not lose Nexus crystals because of parry issues etc, but Kabam does lose players because of these issues. They dont give the big compensations only to alleviate resources, they also do so to alleviate the potential loss of their player base.

With that said, this compensation, for what it is for (AW) is generous enough imo
  • NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    Yes compensation packages have dropped in weight. But they are frequent nowadays so I guess it evens out.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Can you tell me how glory or Nexus crystals help you with parry and dex issues? Because that's what the weekly comp we've been getting is for. It's trying to alleviate resources used because of the issues. You aren't missing out on glory or Nexus crystals. Just say that you don't understand compensation next time.

Bigfoot33 said:

Can you tell me how glory or Nexus crystals help you with parry and dex issues? Because that's what the weekly comp we've been getting is for. It's trying to alleviate resources used because of the issues. You aren't missing out on glory or Nexus crystals.
    The issues with parry, dex results in usage of pots and revives and that's what the weekly compensations are meant to compensate.
    Unable to parry, dex at the correct moment dosen't means that you're losing Nexus due to them.
    Don't be greedy.
    The issues also result in rage, irritation, and quitting. No, we do not lose Nexus crystals because of parry issues etc, but Kabam does lose players because of these issues. They dont give the big compensations only to alleviate resources, they also do so to alleviate the potential loss of their player base.

With that said, this compensation, for what it is for (AW) is generous enough imo
    But explain how a Nexus crystal will make someone stay when they can't play.
  • ScreaminghawkScreaminghawk Posts: 63
    Instead of giving out AW potions as compensation, maybe issue compensation currency, which you can use to purchase potions/ other items in compensation store.

A compensation store would be viable since I see such issues persisting for few months if not years.
  • The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★

The_Chump said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Bigfoot33 said:

Don't be greedy.

So if a player rage quits because of parry, dex issues, how will a nexus entice them to play again with the issue still persisting?
    It's almost like saying that A divorced B because of constant fight. Now if B provides more food A is willing to get back together....in other words it dosen't makes sense
    Now with pots and revives, the player may be enticed as he will be receiving a part of the resource he spent.
    We just see things different. Say you got a job. Its been a great job, but suddenly it's turned to ****. You're overworked, understaffed etc. You consider quitting, but then your boss decides to give you a bonus or a better benefit package etc because he knows it sucks rn and he's hoping you'll hang in there til its back to the glory days. It may entice you to stay or you may still leave. These comp packages, imo, entice ppl to stay or come back and deal w it. It also makes ppl who werent even rly thinking bout quitting feel better about the whole situation

If it does nothing for you then it does nothing for you. It is what it is. Personally, it probably wouldnt keep me from quitting, but if I had quit, a nice comp package might get me to log in and play, see how things are going. I'm probably no longer as frustrated, irritated, etc after some time and so I may stay and play a while, at least until I become frustrated to that point again
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022

Bigfoot33 said:

I think one of the major issues we're seeing is that we may not have been clear enough about what this Compensation was for. It wasn't for widespread game issues, or anything like that, but a missed war that may have been the determining factor if an Alliance had gone up a bracket. What most players received was the difference between what they got, and what they could have gotten if they had moved up a bracket.

In this case, I think it's quite a good package, considering many Alliances would not have moved anyways.
    I'm curious why was plat 2 not given the 6* nexus that plat 1 gets? Most others got the exact difference in shards and crystals.

Dies it imply 6* nexus crystals are worth 5k 6* shards? Or is it a balance issue? Or any other reason?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Bigfoot33 said:

I think one of the major issues we're seeing is that we may not have been clear enough about what this Compensation was for. It wasn't for widespread game issues, or anything like that, but a missed war that may have been the determining factor if an Alliance had gone up a bracket. What most players received was the difference between what they got, and what they could have gotten if they had moved up a bracket.

In this case, I think it's quite a good package, considering many Alliances would not have moved anyways.
    I'm curious why was plat 2 not given the nexus that plat 1 gets? Most others got the exact difference in shards and crystals.

Dies it imply 6* nexus crystals are worth 5k 6* shards? Or is it a balance issue? Or any other reason?
    I think it’s because they don’t realise that 5 star nexus crystals are worthless for plat+ alliances
    The difference between plat 1 and 2 is
    2.5k 6* shards, 10% t5cc, and a 6* nexus.

We got 2.5k 6" shards, 10% t5cc and 5k 6* shards
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022

Bigfoot33 said:

Nope, it was crystal clear from the start, I really don't know why people complaining about such a good compensation. I hope the "big one after the problems are fixed" one is of this caliber and mentality.
  • CivilStrangeCivilStrange Posts: 8
    Por ese error, tuve que gastar runas innecesarias, por esos días estaba por hacerme rompetronos por lo que tuve que gastar más de lo normal aparte de hacer arenas y acabarme mi almacén, el punto es que el problema no solo afecto a guerra por lo que pienso que las compensaciones no son suficientes, querido kabam si eres un jugador promedio no te haces rompetronos o caballero con 5 resurrectores y 10 orbes de vida, no todos somos pro o creadores de contenido.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022

Por ese error, tuve que gastar runas innecesarias, por esos días estaba por hacerme rompetronos por lo que tuve que gastar más de lo normal aparte de hacer arenas y acabarme mi almacén, el punto es que el problema no solo afecto a guerra por lo que pienso que las compensaciones no son suficientes, querido kabam si eres un jugador promedio no te haces rompetronos o caballero con 5 resurrectores y 10 orbes de vida, no todos somos pro o creadores de contenido.

Esta compensación fue solo por la guerra y las personas que no pudieron alistarse en la guerra. eso es todo. no por problemas de juego o cualquier otra cosa.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    edited March 2022
    People hating on OP are forgetting that the big 2021 compensation was for a shorter period of input issue than we have had since. I think it was a month, maybe two with input issues. It has been all of 2022 with issues, we should be getting more than the 2021 compensation package.

To be clear, I’m aware this wasn’t for the continued gameplay issues, but you would think they would have handed out two like the 2021 package since, considering how much longer this has gone on. Nobody cares about AQ/AW potions.
  • People hating on OP are forgetting that the big 2021 compensation was for a shorter period of input issue than we have had since. I think it was a month, maybe two with input issues. It has been all of 2022 with issues, we should be getting more than the 2021 compensation package.

To be clear, I’m aware this wasn’t for the continued gameplay issues, but you would think they would have handed out two like the 2021 package since, considering how much longer this has gone on. Nobody cares about AQ/AW potions.

As far as I'm aware, the aq and aw comp is because those are not as easy to skip and they are waiting till the issue is resolved to send out the big daddy comp
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    I wonder when will we finally get a big compensation full of rankup resources and potions