**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank Up X-23 or Gwenpool

I’m working on getting some t4c so I can get my 4 stars to R4 and I have a hard choice to make, Gwenpool or X-23? I was leaning on X-23 because of Gwenpools slight nerf, but is it really that major? I already ah e my IceMan at R4 and need to grow faster and faster to get better, and another R4 character. Tell me which you think I should rank up

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I suggest Gwenpool since you already have a rank 4 Mutant.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    gwenpool
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool

To be honest, the only people complaining about her nerf were those exploiting the ability.
  • mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
    I have gwenpool for a long time at r5 and I didn’t notice any nerf but I’d go with x23 simply bcoz of the regen, if you have no other regen champ... Also, is any of them awakened? Gwenpool benefits more if awakened...
  • Rømyjart wrote: »
    I’m working on getting some t4c so I can get my 4 stars to R4 and I have a hard choice to make, Gwenpool or X-23? I was leaning on X-23 because of Gwenpools slight nerf, but is it really that major? I already ah e my IceMan at R4 and need to grow faster and faster to get better, and another R4 character. Tell me which you think I should rank up

Gwenpool's "nerf" is practically unnoticable unless you were using the corner exploit.

That sounds subjective, so here's the short version, you decide. Gwenpool's heavy attack used to have a 50% chance to inflict bleed, and it was reduced to 5%. That sounds huge, but there's a catch. Gwenpool's heavy can *only* inflict bleed if the target is not already bleeding. If the target is already bleeding the Heavy doesn't, and never has generated a bleed. Instead, it converts one of the existing bleeds from a short duration bleed to a long duration one.

So If you're fighting a target that is not bleeding, which isn't often with Gwenpool, and you decide to use a heavy, you might have lost that one bleed. In all other situations Gwenpool is identical to what she was previously. If you use light and medium attacks at all, the difference is almost unnoticable - those bleeds were unaffected.

Gwenpool or X-23. In my opinion, Gwenpool has more offense. X-23 has really good offense, but her advantage is she heals. X-23 is a more sustainable champ when running very long paths like in Act 4. Gwenpool is better at cutting down hard bosses that are not bleed immune. X-23 is better against bleed immune enemies because her bleeds become armor breaks. Gwenpool's bleeds just become nothing.

I really like Gwenpool and I think overall she's better than X-23, but it is hard not to recommend X-23 to a relatively new player still filling their roster. She's really good, and at rank 4 she can basically clear all of Realm of Legends except Wolverine (not enough damage or heal block/reverse) and Scarlet Witch (need poison immune here).
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    ^^^ The reason for the change was because her heavy would not generate any power for the AI if they had Enervate, so you could literally just spam the heavy and the AI couldn't fight out of it.

It was essentially power-locking a champ into the corner against an indefensible attack. Players were exploiting it to get through the harder content like ROL.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/180026/#Comment_180026
  • Ok as soon as I got the catalysts il rank up gp
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    what a dumb question.......
  • what a dumb question.......

What a dumb answer...
    BulkHuster wrote: »
    what a dumb question.......

What a dumb answer...

not a answer.......
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    edited November 2017
    X23 is better. She’s the bleed queen + has some awesome health regen. But since you’re a newer player with a R4 Ice Man (Mutant) you’ll now need a R4 Skill Champion to help you complete Act 4. Some of those fights that have degeneration are easier if you have the right class champions and you don’t havewabt to have two R4 Mutant champions as a newer player. Degeneration is reduced when using the right class champions.
  • I’m 40k
  • 46k*
  • what a dumb question.......
    How is it dumb
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    X23 if you need a regen champ. GP for any other reason
    gwenpool is obvisously the one to rank up. Can help in ROL and labyrinth of legends, vise versa x23 won't go as far...... Easy explaination
    gwenpool is obvisously the one to rank up. Can help in ROL and labyrinth of legends, vise versa x23 won't go as far...... Easy explaination

x23 might help in act 4, but doesn't match gwenpool
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited November 2017

Weird since I was told x23, a poison immune, and Gilly were all I needed for ROL
  • Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ The reason for the change was because her heavy would not generate any power for the AI if they had Enervate, so you could literally just spam the heavy and the AI couldn't fight out of it.

It was essentially power-locking a champ into the corner against an indefensible attack. Players were exploiting it to get through the harder content like ROL.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/180026/#Comment_180026

The reason was a little more complicated than that. Her heavy still doesn't generate power when the opponent has enervate. The reason why the bleed chance was nerfed was because if the heavy has a high chance to proc a bleed then repeatedly cycling heavy attacks will keep the target bleeding indefinitely. Keeping the target bleeding indefinitely means enervate can stay up indefinitely, which means the attacker is essentially power locked so long as they are trapped in the corner and cannot counter attack.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    If u don’t have an r4 regen champ for alliance quest you should rank x23
  • X23 is better. She’s the bleed queen + has some awesome health regen. But since you’re a newer player with a R4 Ice Man (Mutant) you’ll now need a R4 Skill Champion to help you complete Act 4. Some of those fights that have degeneration are easier if you have the right class champions and you don’t havewabt to have two R4 Mutant champions as a newer player. Degeneration is reduced when using the right class champions.

I rarely use my x23. Is her bleed more than Gwen's?
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    X-23 if you need the regen. She’s great for AQ and regular quests. GP if you need a skill champ or need her for specific quests.
  • Chris_L_H wrote: »
    X23 is better. She’s the bleed queen + has some awesome health regen. But since you’re a newer player with a R4 Ice Man (Mutant) you’ll now need a R4 Skill Champion to help you complete Act 4. Some of those fights that have degeneration are easier if you have the right class champions and you don’t havewabt to have two R4 Mutant champions as a newer player. Degeneration is reduced when using the right class champions.

I rarely use my x23. Is her bleed more than Gwen's?

I don't think so. Gwenpool has way more bleed than X-23. But X-23's damage is nothing to sneeze at, because she has better crit damage in my opinion. I think against bleed-vulnerable targets Gwenpool will outdamage X-23, but against bleed immune targets X-23 will outdamage Gwenpool because X-23's bleeds switch to armor breaks against such targets.
  • Update: I have recently awakened my Gwenpool and took her up instead of X-23. She is dupe level 22 and is currently sitting at 20/40 because of my lack of gold. Her rating rn is 3,140. I didn’t put a picture on here because I am using a different device to use forums than my main Champions device.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Gwenpool or X-23. In my opinion, Gwenpool has more offense. X-23 has really good offense, but her advantage is she heals. X-23 is a more sustainable champ when running very long paths like in Act 4. Gwenpool is better at cutting down hard bosses that are not bleed immune. X-23 is better against bleed immune enemies because her bleeds become armor breaks. Gwenpool's bleeds just become nothing.

X23 gets cruelty buffs against naturally bleed immune champs, not armour break, you must have confused her with elektra.
    And also x23 bleeds cap out at 5 tho she does insane damage with those, and also she can regen.
    Dont know if gwen has a cap at her bleeds, but she can stun a bleeding enemy just by hitting him so thats nice, not as sustainable in long term since she has no regen capabilities, but she has a massive armour break on the l3.

• Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Gwenpool is the better choice
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    @DNA3000
    "X-23 is better against bleed immune enemies because her bleeds become armor breaks."

Incorrect. You are confusing X-23 with Elektra
    X-23 stacks cruelty against bleed immune champs.

Gweenpool is the better rank up up imo.
  • Moneygrab wrote: »
    It’s funny how almost everyone here said x23 and u ranked Gwen instead 😂
    Yea I realized oh **** I need a bleed champ
  • Plus I barely have any skill