**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Price increase ??

Is the price increase only in singapore? Or the rest are facing the same thing? Even the units are more expensive.

Comments

• Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    Unit store prices are increased about 12.5% for Android devices in India too
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    Well, everything else in the world is going up, except my paycheck. Makes sense that this would go up as well.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    In usa , didn't change .
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Prices went down for me
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Same price for me Denmark
  • Options
    BashlordBashlord Posts: 218 ★★
    Kabam is doing Kabam thing.

Play store reduced it's commission from 30% to 15% for in-app purchases in India and yet price were not reduced in store after that.

And now they increased them only for Android devices here.

• Options
    Hey all,

Due to external platform pricing changes in varying regions, Kabam is implementing certain price adjustments to ensure parity across platforms and equal customer experience irrespective of device.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    Now everything is a little bit cheaper for me👍
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Yeh everything slightly cheaper other than an Odin which is considerably cheaper in comparison.

Previously
    £99.99

Now
    £88.58
  • Options
    Th0rIRLTh0rIRL Posts: 31
    edited March 2022
    Prices went down in Greece too ... It was unfair for people in USA to buy the simple Cavalier at 4.99$ and we paid 5.40€ which is something like 6.10$.
    I should be happy about it but I am not. Are we gonna get a compensation for the overpriced stuff we've bought all this time now ?
    Let's talk about the latest Romance event on the Valentine's day if someone in Europe (Android Device) spend 300€ someone in USA would buy the same for 250$ this difference is actually 250$=220€ to the 300€.
    It always bothered me that other people buy the same stuff cheaper and it's kind of better now but I can't erase what has happened in the past. Please think about it.
    IG. Th0rIRL
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Th0rIRL said:

Prices went down in Greece too ... It was unfair for people in USA to buy the simple Cavalier at 4.99$ and we paid 5.40€ which is something like 6.10$.
    I should be happy about it but I am not. Are we gonna get a compensation for the overpriced stuff we've bought all this time now ?
    Let's talk about the latest Romance event on the Valentine's day if someone in Europe (Android Device) spend 300€ someone in USA would buy the same for 250$ this difference is actually 250$=220€ to the 300€.
    It always bothered me that other people buy the same stuff cheaper and it's kind of better now but I can't erase what has happened in the past. Please think about it.
    IG. Th0rIRL

Your stuff was never "overpriced" at least not in terms of Kabam overpricing them. The situation is more complex than that.

First of all, it is important to remember that Kabam doesn't sell you anything directly. Apple and Google sell you stuff, take a percentage, and then sends the rest to Kabam. Kabam doesn't even know who you are or what you paid: payment information is not forwarded to Kabam by either app store. They just know you bought something, and the app stores took care of payment.

Second, everyone assumes that the app stores collect 30% (or 15% in some cases for Google Play) in every country. That number is infamous. But that's actually not entirely true. The 30% figure is the take in US currency. It isn't the same for every region and currency. For example, take the Odin. That is, in Apple terms, a tier 60 item. In the US the price is $99.99. Kabam is sent $70 for every such transaction. So Apple keeps basically 30%. In the UK, the same tier 60 item is priced at 99.99 pounds. Kabam is forwarded 58.33 pounds from each of those transactions, not 70 pounds. Apple is keeping about 42%. A similar thing happens in the Google play store. The app stores mark up differently in each country and region, factoring in both currency exchange and their cost of doing business in those regions. Kabam is not marking the items up and making more money, Apple and Google are marking those items up and keeping most of it for themselves. Kabam has no real control over this.

Until recently, both Apple and Google imposed the same restrictions on developers: you can set the tier of the item which implicitly sets the US price, but you have no control over how that item is priced anywhere else. You also cannot sell different items in different regions to try to manipulate pricing. This is actually explicitly forbidden by Apple except for certain exemptions. Doing this to manipulate local pricing is grounds to get kicked off the App store.

Apparently, and I'm not a Google Play expert, some time in the recent past Google has started allowing companies to have some discretion with regional pricing. So it is now theoretically possible for an app developer like Kabam to set different pricing in different regions. However, they still don't have control over app store mark up. If they sell to customers in different regions at lower than the normal tier price, they'll just make less money on each of those transactions.

The higher prices that you paid relative to US currency is not money Kabam ever made. It is money that Apple or Google made. Asking for compensation from Kabam is asking for money back they never got from you in the first place.
  • Options
    SHAYUSHAYU Posts: 78
    Wad Is equal customer experience when u have to pay more for everything.. doesn't make sense..
  • Options
    Th0rIRLTh0rIRL Posts: 31
    DNA3000 said:

Th0rIRL said:

IG. Th0rIRL

Although I appreciate your time for writing all that I must admit that I am a web developer and have faced all that in the past. I would never accuse that KABAM is doing that intentionally but the customer experiance is different.
    Customer experiance proves that you buy "things" more expensive than anywhere else and since there are players buying more than the occasional sigil KABAM might think of leveling up the field. Either on the up or down side.

Thank you for your response mate , you wrote a lot.

• Options
    ScreaminghawkScreaminghawk Posts: 63
    Are companies like Kabam restricted to Google play or Apple store for in-app purchases?. How about online shopping on MCOC website, is it not allowed?