Options

Team Building for Carina V2 Abyss Challenges

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

@xNig at best mystrio can stack 4 poisons . That is not enough to block the regen

It is if you run 3/3 in despair
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

How are those without antivenin and knull doing the spiderverse challenge?

And no Shang chi for challengers

I'm taking a 4* Anti Venom for OML, everyone else on that path is pretty straight forward
    Knull? I have neither. Saw MSD post about 3 solos with antivenom as a 5*

This is my plan, my guess for 3 AntiVenom solos that MSD is taking about is Darkhawk, OML and either Joe Fixit or maybe Dorm?

He’s not necessary for any. The biggest challenge on that path is OML but he can be done with Sym Spidey, Mysterio, Knull or AV
    @BitterSteel

Been testing Mysterio with peni synergy Vs OMl and didn't get encouraging results.

How do you plan on taking darkhawk with miles? If it's possible I could also fit low star AV for OML in my team
    Does the heal block not go well for Mysterio?

I do need to test Miles vs Darkhawk but in theory it should be fine. Get my 3 charges so I can activate camo on my specials, spam specials so he never gets an sp2 and just heavy spam in the corner. Rupture will do most damage, will be long but he shouldn’t regen. Again, I’ll test and make sure at some point.

But if not then I’ll just have to use AV even as a 4*

As a fun fact, AV synergy with spidey 2099 (opponent can’t activate buffs for 10 seconds at the start of the fight) actually turns off the tech abyssal power steal armour. So you don’t have to worry about that. Thanks to @StevieManWonder for that tactic
    At low Sig keeping full uptime of the healblock is pain. You could feasibly keep it up if you never throw a sp3 but then you're using base Mysterio Vs a 5 mil health opponent.

At high Sig it's likely a different story but there's a lot that could randomly mess the fight up like oml evading last light attack or deciding to hold his specials at high power

I'll test out both miles and low star AV without synergy to see if they're viable for darkhawk

Why do you need to keep up the heal block against OML?

Just parry MM 3x with Mysterio. Then spam heavies until you reach sp3, Magneto playstyle. Then MM 3x and spam heavy until you reach sp3 again.

The poisons will reduce his healing by 30% per stack and since you don’t lose gas charges with Peni synergy, you have unlimited poison spam.
    You need would need at least three stacks of poison plus despair to block out the healing

The problem is keeping more than 2 poison stacks consistently on OML is pretty unrealistic from what I tested.

And the healing is potent enough that even having a couple seconds where he's not completely blocked sets you back

The most progress I saw was a mixture of healblock and heavy countering his specials to poison but if he ever decides to hold onto his special at high power everything falls apart.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

@xNig at best mystrio can stack 4 poisons . That is not enough to block the regen

It is if you run 3/3 in despair
    I do. Still not enough
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,255 ★★★★★

Oh is it? Each gives 30% reduction doesn’t it?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    xNig said:

Oh is it? Each gives 30% reduction doesn’t it?
    Poison healing reduction does not stack on base. It's additive on modified rate after each poison
  • Options
    So you’re saying it’s multiplicative, ie 70% of 70% of 70% of 70% = 24% of effective healing still remaining for 4 stacks of poison?
  • Options
    xNig said:

So you’re saying it’s multiplicative, ie 70% of 70% of 70% of 70% = 24% of effective healing still remaining for 4 stacks of poison?

Not sure of the exact numbers on how they work. I teseted agaisnt rol wolvy and he was still healing with 4 stacks. But then again, 4 is very optimistic and 3 is generous
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★

I think following this, I only have 1 path done and it's path 1.

I'm thinking I'm going to try straight forward path 3 abyss for mutants.

Team:
    6r3 apoc 20/200
    6r3 red mags 20/200
    6r2 stryfe 20/200
    6r2 ProfX (not duped)
    5r5 colossus 200/200

I think that's my plan.

As for the green goblin one, might as well finish out the lane and do all of path 2, no?
    Probably use:
    6r3 SymSup 140/200
    6r3 Knull 20/200
    6r3 Spidey 99 140/200
    6r3 Anti-venom 40/200
    6r2 Stealth? Or maybe 5/65 venom or 6r2 spidergwen

The carinas challengers might prove to be a little more difficult, I would look to do either path 4 or 5 and the top choices I have in my roster currently include:
    6r3 moleman 30/200
    6r3 falcon 40/200
    6r3 caiw 200/200
    6r3 warlock 100/200
    6r3 diablo 50/200
    6r3 iBom (not duped)
    6r2 shehulk 40/200
    6r2 iHulk (not duped)
    6r2 longshot (not duped)
    6r2 g2099 (not duped)
    6r2 morningstar 20/200

I could R1-R5 shang-chi as a 5*, not sure if it's worth it though.

Do these paths and teams make sense? Any tips would be appreciated. The one and only path I've done was when it first came out a couple years ago.
  • Options

xNig said:

I'm taking a 4* Anti Venom for OML, everyone else on that path is pretty straight forward

This is my plan, my guess for 3 AntiVenom solos that MSD is taking about is Darkhawk, OML and either Joe Fixit or maybe Dorm?

He’s not necessary for any. The biggest challenge on that path is OML but he can be done with Sym Spidey, Mysterio, Knull or AV
    @BitterSteel

Been testing Mysterio with peni synergy Vs OMl and didn't get encouraging results.

How do you plan on taking darkhawk with miles? If it's possible I could also fit low star AV for OML in my team

I do need to test Miles vs Darkhawk but in theory it should be fine. Get my 3 charges so I can activate camo on my specials, spam specials so he never gets an sp2 and just heavy spam in the corner. Rupture will do most damage, will be long but he shouldn’t regen. Again, I’ll test and make sure at some point.

As a fun fact, AV synergy with spidey 2099 (opponent can’t activate buffs for 10 seconds at the start of the fight) actually turns off the tech abyssal power steal armour. So you don’t have to worry about that. Thanks to @StevieManWonder for that tactic
    At low Sig keeping full uptime of the healblock is pain. You could feasibly keep it up if you never throw a sp3 but then you're using base Mysterio Vs a 5 mil health opponent.

At high Sig it's likely a different story but there's a lot that could randomly mess the fight up like oml evading last light attack or deciding to hold his specials at high power

I'll test out both miles and low star AV without synergy to see if they're viable for darkhawk

Just parry MM 3x with Mysterio. Then spam heavies until you reach sp3, Magneto playstyle. Then MM 3x and spam heavy until you reach sp3 again.

The poisons will reduce his healing by 30% per stack and since you don’t lose gas charges with Peni synergy, you have unlimited poison spam.
    You need would need at least three stacks of poison plus despair to block out the healing

The problem is keeping more than 2 poison stacks consistently on OML is pretty unrealistic from what I tested.

And the healing is potent enough that even having a couple seconds where he's not completely blocked sets you back

The most progress I saw was a mixture of healblock and heavy countering his specials to poison but if he ever decides to hold onto his special at high power everything falls apart.
    Just had a thought.

What if you run petrify as well. 2 stacks of poison reducing about 50% of healing, max despair reduces another 30%, together with petrify for another 30% when he’s stunned (not too hard to keep up given you’re only going to parry heavy), it’ll be a net -10% for 2 stacks of poison, and -25% with 3 stacks.
  • Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

@BitterSteel

Just had a thought.

What if you run petrify as well. 2 stacks of poison reducing about 50% of healing, max despair reduces another 30%, together with petrify for another 30% when he’s stunned (not too hard to keep up given you’re only going to parry heavy), it’ll be a net -10% for 2 stacks of poison, and -25% with 3 stacks.
    I went in with max petrify, still had a rough time. You're imagining a scenario where oml spends majority of the fight stunned but it doesn't work out like that in practice
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,393 ★★★★★
    Do you see any other paths that can be done with Carina’s Challengers?
  • Options

@BitterSteel in case you haven't tried out miles yet. He can definitely do it.

Ended up dropping the ball since stealth mode miss + reduced power gain messed up the rhythm.

Opens up team building a lot
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Do you see any other paths that can be done with Carina’s Challengers?

Not really, not unless you want to drive yourself mad and use a ton of revives
  • Options

Ended up dropping the ball since stealth mode miss + reduced power gain messed up the rhythm.

So potentially 5 solos on the path with miles?
    DH,LC, Dromamau, JF, Mordo, and maybe champion?
  • Options

So potentially 5 solos on the path with miles?
    DH,LC, Dromamau, JF, Mordo, and maybe champion?
    You’ll have an issue with his regen
  • Options
    Does Knull reverse the regen with all his debuffs and despair?
  • Options
    xNig said:

Nope. Despair does not reverse Regen. And knul does not have such an ability as far as I know
  • Options

xNig said:

Nope. Despair does not reverse Regen. And knul does not have such an ability as far as I know
    Ah okay. What a waste. Thanks bro.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

For OML?

He absolutely could. Despair and debuffs alone doesn’t reverse regen, but if you run petrify then it allows you to reverse on stun. It’ll be a really nice extra chunk of damage, but he can block out the healing with just despair
  • Options

Amazing!

Miles is going to R3 using the T5b from the mutant challenge once I’ve done that so I absolutely can’t wait to get stuck in there
  • Options

xNig said:

For OML?

He absolutely could. Despair and debuffs alone doesn’t reverse regen, but if you run petrify then it allows you to reverse on stun. It’ll be a really nice extra chunk of damage, but he can block out the healing with just despair
    Yeah. Since Knull’s playstyle can be just parry heavy and not convert the debuffs to let OML degen himself.
  • Options
    What about this team
    MILES ( DH, LC,JF,DORM)
    AV(OML)
    SS(HYP,CHAMP,MORDO, VTD)
    PENI
    MYSTERIO(HAVOK,GG)

@BitterSteel , @xNig @SwarmOfRavens
  • Options

What about this team
    MILES ( DH, LC,JF,DORM)
    AV(OML)
    SS(HYP,CHAMP,MORDO, VTD)
    PENI
    MYSTERIO(HAVOK,GG)

s

That's the team I intend to go in with
  • Options

What about this team
    MILES ( DH, LC,JF,DORM)
    AV(OML)
    SS(HYP,CHAMP,MORDO, VTD)
    PENI
    MYSTERIO(HAVOK,GG)

s

Same fights?
  • Options

What about this team
    MILES ( DH, LC,JF,DORM)
    AV(OML)
    SS(HYP,CHAMP,MORDO, VTD)
    PENI
    MYSTERIO(HAVOK,GG)

s

Same fights?
    Yea, intend to take Mordo with miles though.

• Options
    I just hope to pull knull . If he's there i can remove Mysterio and peni.
  • Options

Right. So pulled knul yesterday and duped him too. Instant r3 . Decided to go into abyss golbil challenge. This is the team

1 revive fight for DH with knull. Each corruption cycle with 50 living abyss can knock of 30% at minimum.

For luke cage once you get in the loop it's easy. Also if your phase is running out, hold heavy but don't throw and he'll throw his special. Very good succes rate with that technique so far. I died because I was not running max glass canon and the -4 health per second slowly chipped me down (along with the health lost getting the fight setup)

I'll report back on whether 4* anti venom works
  • Options

Right. So pulled knul yesterday and duped him too. Instant r3 . Decided to go into abyss golbil challenge. This is the team

1 revive fight for DH with knull. Each corruption cycle with 50 living abyss can knock of 30% at minimum.

For luke cage once you get in the loop it's easy. Also if your phase is running out, hold heavy but don't throw and he'll throw his special. Very good succes rate with that technique so far. I died because I was not running max glass canon and the -4 health per second slowly chipped me down (along with the health lost getting the fight setup)

Oh I used a 4* Anti venom, soloed OML pretty safely.

I also threw him at Joe Fixit and for some reason lady luck was smiling at me, he rolled permanent hearts first time. I got him down to about 20%, only died due to a shock heavy attack they tend to throw in the second phase of abyss charges
  • Options

Oh I used a 4* Anti venom, soloed OML pretty safely.

I also threw him at Joe Fixit and for some reason lady luck was smiling at me, he rolled permanent hearts first time. I got him down to about 20%, only died due to a shock heavy attack they tend to throw in the second phase of abyss charges
    Thanks. Mines at r4 4* so I'll rank him up then. Good tip for Joe. I just finished the luke cage cheese and it was so long and boring . Feel drowsy. A phot finish almost.

Of I'm understanding correctly, you took him down to 20% and not by 20%? Of i can get even close to the luck i had with my recent crystals i could get regen fast. Did you turn off suciides for OML and Joe? Or did you have it on in the first place? Who for havok?
  • Options