**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Typical, my God, why do we expect differently?
  • Disgusting and wasted 15 energy
  • Maddix11Maddix11 Posts: 33
    I've tried playing this twice. On both occasions it got to the "prepare to battle" countdown and I lost network connection. When reconnecting I got a screen counting down telling me that results were being prepared. On one occasion this decided I lost and on another that I drew. Am I suppose to actually be fighting or is everything determined by the matchups we pick?

If its the former its broken, if its the latter it's unbelievably underwhelming. Rubbish really.
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Posts: 6
    Can we at least get a message back from the kabam team? Even if there is no estimated time can we at least be told that?
  • SgfuctSgfuct Posts: 2
    Kabam, great success! A waste of time and energy just to watch me getting disconnected!
    Great success again, well done!!

• finally had a match but diconnected and lost the game.
  • Mamu91Mamu91 Posts: 9
    Hello guys, just played battleground twice. On both occasions it got to the "prepare to battle" and countdown started suddenly I lost network connection and after sometime it reconnected showing a screen with numbers counting and when the countdown reach zero. I found that results showing that I lost the fight in both occasion. Just wasted energy and time.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Just had a successful run on Battlegrounds but there was an issue where the defenders my opponent places change when the fight start, meaning I'd come in with the wrong counter.
  • RoyalGrv1402RoyalGrv1402 Posts: 41
    The best mode in game just broken. can't play matches at all. this sucks. Just
    look how bad is the situation. ROFL
  • P4U1JP4U1J Posts: 12
    This is all I keep getting once I join a match we do picks and bans then the fight loads and this happens ... Which results in a loss

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I am able to matchmake now and actually do fights and it's a load of fun. Hopefully it stays this way throughout the beta.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Must have already been said but the game keep switching our defenders or attackers when we push the button to lock our choice 🤷‍♂️
  • JPeanutsJPeanuts Posts: 50
    Matching worked fine as did the battle, only issue that is happening is when you lock in your defender or attacker, the game is not selecting the one you chose, but another random option from your group.
  • CobraSCobraS Posts: 56
    Maybe kabam has to make sure that the servers provide more staybility so gamers dont loose conection. This way the battle grounds will not work at all.

Tried it many times every time bad connection. So fix this first and then let is play battle grounds this way it is now will not work
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I don't care about the energy, that s why they gave us 5 refills, I do care about the points I m losing every time the match is lost. I played 5 times so far, all lost because of the disconnection, I m 50 points down. What s gonna happen with those?
  • Robertd1989Robertd1989 Posts: 13
    I have tried to play 6 matches so far and 5/6 have been listed as a draw due to connectivity issues with Kabam's servers as i have had sufficient internet where I have been playing. are these bugs going to be worked out before the Main launch?
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I've done like 16 matches only got to play 4 with only 3 full games. Now I will say this is probably the most fun I had playing this game in a very long time and I started playing this game 8 months after its release. I will say when this mode works it will be awesome. I hope there are some good rewards that come with ranked matches in the future maybe even seasons like aw would be cool. Anyways kabam you guys did a fantastic job with this game mode now I hope you can get it to work consistently.
  • Art357Art357 Posts: 91

The battleground is really filled up with lot of buggs and even we select our champs for placing defender or attacker the AI going for auto selecting the defenders and the results aren't really working properly even the results shows we won the fight and opponent lost fight the result showing as the opponent won in few occasions and really tired of the network glitch too
  • SonSonSonSon Posts: 66
    Battlegrounds is pure incompetence at its fullest potential. Attention to detail was obviously not taken into consideration in the slightest. By all means take ALL the time needed to produce a quality and defect-free product sometime this century.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SonSon said:

Battlegrounds is pure incompetence at its fullest potential. Attention to detail was obviously not taken into consideration in the slightest. By all means take ALL the time needed to produce a quality and defect-free product sometime this century.

You appear to be surprised that a beta test to find issues has found issues.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    A couple of things I've seen so far:

I have lost rounds where i defeat the opponents defender and they cannot defeat mine, i dont think there is enough emphasis on a 0% health bar and too much on your own health remaining.

Im not sure if this issue is happening for others, but my selected defender or the opponents is not actually selecting when the match starts, i choose apocalypse, then when the screen switches, it changes Apoc to Spiderman 2099. Or my opponent chooses Magneto, so i pick Miles, then the fight starts and its Wasp I'm battling. Very tough to win when you choose a counter that doesnt counter the newly swapped opponent.

Overall I am enjoying this and with mild tweaks to the cost (should be much less energy or not use quest energy). Thanks for the new mode, it really freshens up the game!
  • GigeticusGigeticus Posts: 16
    It doesn't work. Everytime I find a match I get kicked out and can't do a single fight and I end up losing or having to forfeit cause nothing loads
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    So far I have found,

Champs changing after they've been locked in, my opponent chose a dragon man but I fought a CMM, then the next round they choose CGR and I fought dragon man.

It seems the game doesn't quite know what to do when moving from round 1 to round 2 (or round 2 to round 3) as its just freezes the screen, disconnects me then I get it loaded back up to find I've lost the match.

The biggest thing I keep having is a black screen after my round 2 fight, literally my last 8 fights have gone to a black screen showing nothing forcing me to close the game and reload, this also causes me to lose.

Now I appreciate that you gave us 5x free energy refills which would be a decent amount of fights had the mode operated as suppose to, but if you arent/cant fix these issues then can you at the very least remove the energy cost for the beta? It's not exactly fair that we will potentially lose more energy than those you have given us due to a poor game mode.

Overall I like the mode, just still a lot of work to be done it seems.

Edit - I've been stuck on a black screen now for 10 minutes. Going to force close the app but no doubt that will serve as another loss at the expense of 15 energy :/
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    I was able to do at last a dozen battles this morning. Only once did the game time out before we were done.

The main issue I have encountered today was the other player's defender changing after selection so that I ended up fighting a different champ than was selected. Happened 5-6 times.
  • The mode is interesting but too much buggy. Matchmaking is taking a lot of time and after ban/draft phase when battle preview page is taking forever to load and sometimes it shows connection lost. I have played 19 matches but in many the server issue forced me to quit and the matches ended in draw/loss. In many matches where I should've won I lost due to server issue.
  • Xnmfjx_13 said:

I’ve only been able to play 2 matches this was right a the beginning of launch, both fights were bugged.

Match one played two fights the second fight the defender that was picked was not the champion I was supposed to fight. Instead it was the champion I fought previously.

Second match played one fight all the way through before the no signal icon kept flashing until it kicked me from the battlegrounds and I have not been able to find a match since.

Yeah..Both cases happened to me also
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 221 ★★
    What a terrible community to work for. Ungrateful players should just keep their terrible opinions to themselves. There is a notice on the forum you just posted on and it clearly tells you that there is an issue with the mode and they are trying to fix it. Who in their right mind keeps trying to play matches when the mode is very clearly bugged. You're wasting your energy attempting the broken mode. Don't go blame the game devs for your lack of patience. How moronic can this community be though? It's not like kabam is smiling at the sight that their highly anticipated mode isn't working as well as intended. Just because you play the game doesn't mean you're the only one suffering right now.

The constant complaints aren't going to speed up the process of fixing the bugs. None of you have an ounce of respect when it comes to understanding that the staff working on this are HUMAN and have lives to live. And for anyone who says that this isn't up to standard, it's a beta. A beta you were lucky enough to test in the first place. I doubt any one of you have any experience at all with game design and fixing bugs because you provide no solutions, only complaints. You leeches only suck blood from the game and provide no positive impact in the community whatsoever. When this mode officially launches you'll understand who the mode was intended for.

Grow up. The mode isn't even competitive and even if it was, you aren't up to standard to even compete. Go find another thing to do with your time rather than complaining to the mods on forums.