Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Battlegrounds Issues [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Theflashseas10Theflashseas10 Posts: 145
    I check forum once a month not everyday
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★

As you can see in these photos, game told me I was fighting Claire during the draft, then suddenly I was fighting colossus right before the fight started. Did it on the two previous fights of the match as well. How on earth does this get messed up?
  • Options
    Mike_23Mike_23 Posts: 8
    Still ridiculous disconnect issues on top of bugs when it does work
  • Options
    Mike_23Mike_23 Posts: 8
    Champs changing after selection has happened at least 5 matches, every fight in the match! Looks like im fight g99, no, moleman, NO mojo!!!

• Options
    Nightkiller7314Nightkiller7314 Posts: 117

got disconnected and when did a relogin, went into fight, but after it ended...
  • Options
    Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 165 ★★
    Been getting this error:

Game shuts down completely and I have to reload. Puts me back into the fight upon loading but then after I complete the fight I get a completely black screen indefinatly.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

• Options
    StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 188
    edited March 2022
    FYI bug team, experiencing this also… AND cost me 15 energy, which I did not get back.. not a huge deal, but wanted to let ya know.

• Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    I am able to connect to matches quickly. But it will disconnect occasionally. And also it will automatically switch out attackers/defenders at the last second. But other than that its a very fun game mode. Looking forward to the finished product.
  • Options
    Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    So, I assume, since I was able to complete 2/10 Battleground matches so far, that our Battleground rating will be reset after the Beta?
  • Options
    Austd001_Austd001_ Posts: 22
    Waited hours for matches then kicked out before I could play them. Nice way of wasting my **** energy in game. Dogshit
  • Options
    Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    Also, beyond matchmaking, there are problems with connectivity (particularly in match 2, and occasionally with it showing the wrong defender when you pick your attacker, then switching when you go into the fight. For instance, ai brought Red Mags for a G99 fight and ended up fighting Rhulk.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    My only feedback is to implement a system so we get our energy back if you disconnect after a fight or change the energy costs
  • Options
    Won round 1, connection issues happened during round 2. I still lost match, even after winning round 1. This is a bug.

• Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    If we were to continue playing this beta Kabam might as well send us a few energy refills daily for the rest of the week to compensate for the connection errors which results in almost instant loss and 15 energy wasted cause the 5 energy refills they sent earlier will not cut it if we were to win 20 matches for the objectives.
  • Options

I experience this screen regulary after the lost connection prompt.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★

They gave you 5 free refills. That's enough for 23 matches. They are aware of the connection issues. Keep in mind that this is a beta test. This is part of how open betas work.

The way it's going I won't even be able to win 5 in 23 matches for that big energy refill objective
  • Options
    KiritoSAOKiritoSAO Posts: 34
    Soooo... Battlegrounds beta started. Overall i love the concept. Each player chose 30 Champs, total of 6 get banned ( 3 on each side) you take 7 in team and those are your attacker/defenders. All fine for now. About the nodes and rating i did not take much time to analyze how exactly the nodes get chosen and why the rating is lower than in normal fights but that just me being lazy to inform myself. Now, all the preparations were done we had the first round. My opponent chose Quake as his first defender and i took Shang Chi for my first attacker. When the fight started it was Shang Chi vs Mysterio, uhm where did Quake go? Unlucky for me i lost by few points and thats fine. Then we had our second fight. His defender Captain Marvel Movie and as we know she gets damage if she gets her charges while being hit by a Mystic champ so i took my Sigil Scarlet Witch against CMM. The fight started and it was Sigil Witch vs Quake?!?! like what? second fight again wrong champ in fight? In the end i won the second round so its a 1:1.
    Then we were in the third and final round. You can already smell whats gonna happen right? Again a wrong champ! NOPE not this time. Well atleast i can´t tell since the third round never started. I chose Apocalypse as my defender and ghost as my attacker, he took IronMan IW as defender and was about to chose his attacker. The time counted down to 0 and thats it. 5 minutes later it still didnt start, nor did i get failed connection or something else. Then i made this litle 1 minute video just to have sort of proof for atleast one of my problems.
    here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lZT2sK6uM&ab_channel=gamer
    after another minute of waiting and nothing happening i had to leave and had to take a loss as if i give up. Now im not really mad about the loss at all, im mad about HOW i lost. I am mad about how the information was wrong showing me what champs he will use and then it were other champs. For example just imagine you take Nick Fury against Cap America IW and then you actually fight an Ultron wich is bleed immune. Your strategy puff there she goes.
    I know its a beta phase but gosh so many bugs just ruined the fun and when i see that i have to spend 15 energy ( im gratefull for the 5 free refills) i just get to say " wish i had used the 15 energy for 5 moves in EQ instead of wastin them on BG" . I dont expect any conpensation but atleast fix your game Kabam
  • Options
    It was working great this morning. Back down to causing losses by connection. This time in the second round
  • Options
    Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    The wrong defenders are populating when choosing attacker. Then getting wrecked when chose the wrong counter.
  • Options

The wrong defenders are populating when choosing attacker. Then getting wrecked when chose the wrong counter.

I've noticed this too. If you pick a defender but try and change it last minute, it will, if I remember, show either the original or new defender, and the attacker will choose and appropriate counter. However when the match starts, the defender you tried to change to is the new defender and potentially wrecks the opponent. Then it he defender shows as in use so if you try to use the defender that was supposed to be the last one, it doesn't let you and makes you switch. However match starts and boom, you did it again. Accidentally won a match this way...
  • Options
    Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★

I've noticed this too. If you pick a defender but try and change it last minute, it will, if I remember, show either the original or new defender, and the attacker will choose and appropriate counter. However when the match starts, the defender you tried to change to is the new defender and potentially wrecks the opponent. Then it he defender shows as in use so if you try to use the defender that was supposed to be the last one, it doesn't let you and makes you switch. However match starts and boom, you did it again. Accidentally won a match this way...
    Good to know. That’s fd up.
  • Options
    HorndogHorndog Posts: 38
    edited March 2022
    3 attempts at battleground,
    2 complete connection failures,
    1 managed 1 round only!

Waste of quest energy!
  • Options
    Professor_NPVProfessor_NPV Posts: 5
    edited March 2022
    If this is Beta testing, why does it still cost energy to join? Yes I realize they gave us energy, but why not just have it be free to encourage more testing? I have wasted tons of energy and time to actually get 1 fight in. It's not just a buggy, the mode is basically unplayable right now, for me at least.

Also, the set up phase is too long and extensive for the very short amount of game play/fighting. I feel like streamlining the banning and champion selection phase would go a long way in the playability of the new format. This is doubly true when you spend all that time and energy cost only to be booted from the game and automatically get the loss. Very anticlimactic and unsatisfying. I will wait for the next version before wasting anything else on this.
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Three matches in a row now with zero issues. No defenders were switched last second it was amazing and fun when working properly.

My only recommendation would be to make class advantage/disadvantage known in the champ select screen. I have made the mistake of picking class disadvantage, if it was shown prior I would not have selected it.
  • Options
    Eternity0Eternity0 Posts: 107 ★★

From yesterday till 5 mins ago. I can't even play one Match. Some are saying its working perfectly, some are streaming its working some aren’t. Any actual info on it? I'm eager to play one match atleast man 🤷‍♂️ ( again i know its a beta but its frustrating some are playing i can't even get one round in)
  • Options
    Took me 51 matches of excruciating connection errors to get that 20 wins done. Now I'm done with this game mode.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,704 Guardian
    Adi_tya said:

I mean how do they expect us to even win the 20 matches required for the complete objective?

• Options
    TheOriginalMookTheOriginalMook Posts: 22
    My experience with the defender changing from the selection screen to match up screen, it mainly happens when the opponent's defender selection timesout and they get a quick change in after. It happened to me in both directions, defender I thought I was fighting changed and my own defender changed after Auto selection.