**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds completely letdown

Yes I know it’s a beta but you should be able to deal with people playing the game. As far as I saw only CCP people were able to get matches. I was in matchmaking the entire time some of them were streaming yet no hope. Fix the beta and then extend it please. There no way anyone can help providing more feedback then “ it’s broken” if nobody can play a match. Also, any updated as to how the fixes are going would be appreciated! Perhaps a vague timeline even!

Comments

• Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022

Yes I know it’s a beta but you should be able to deal with people playing the game. As far as I saw only CCP people were able to get matches. I was in matchmaking the entire time some of them were streaming yet no hope. Fix the beta and then extend it please. There no way anyone can help providing more feedback then “ it’s broken” if nobody can play a match. Also, any updated as to how the fixes are going would be appreciated! Perhaps a vague timeline even!

What?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    I’m not sure if Battlegrounds is a letdown or not—I’ve yet to experience it. I hope it’s something that’s a net positive for the game, and given the volume of players who wanted to try it, it may very well be. I’m disappointed about this debut simply because it feels like a mediocre debut regardless of whether actually it is or not.

Maybe it’s great. Plenty of time to figure that out when it gets fixed and finalized. Not sweating it in the meantime.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    I agree it’s a beta and we need to be patient. But I don’t get when people say the matchmaking is a totally new system. As far as I know, we already have matchmaking in AW and Incursions. The parameters are different but the basic idea is the same. If they didn’t know a ton of players were waiting anxiously to press that button the moment it was dropping live, I don’t know under what rock they’ve been hiding.

At some point, I understand it can be overwhelming for them, but they keep on consistently dropping the ball when it comes to bugs, ie parry/dex issue. If they are lacking ressources for fixing their game as well as developing new modes, maybe they should pool their ressources together and it back on track. I love this game, and these criticisms are not meant to say otherwise. Just we as players grow tired of excuses, even when they are perfectly valid like today with a beta, because the game has been having issue after issue for so long.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★

In the 7.4 beta a few months ago everyone could enter the quests and do the fights. Not a single person has done a battleground match in over 4 hours. I would expect a beta to be playable.

Nah

In the 7.4 beta a few months ago everyone could enter the quests and do the fights. Not a single person has done a battleground match in over 4 hours. I would expect a beta to be playable.

Nah I couldn't. There was that net connection issue. So didn't played it
    Battleground is on other hand, is fresh beta on live server. It will take day or 2 to settle the things. I couldn't fight tho but I got glimpse of ban and select phase.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

So to clarify, you’re surprised that a beta designed to find issues has found an issue?
    I'm not surprised by anything kabam does at this point. The BAFFLING thing is how this could get past any QA when the company has been hyping this feature up, and all the long time players were excited about it only to be KABAMED.
  • Options
    How many companiea would launch a game, beta or otherwise, that didnt work. At all. Where is QA? @BitterSteel
  • Options
    It's not an ISSUE. It doesn't work at all, imo, not an "issue" complete failure
  • Options

Jeal79 said:

Controversial opinion: It's not a beta if I can't play it.

Like seriously, not even being able to play a match? What am I testing here? The champ selection screens?

Very frustrating

It's actually still a beta even if it can't be played. You're helping stress test the server and mode and not being able to play or being able to only get so far and then get disconnected is a bug and helping them notice that and other issues to work on before the actual release
    Does kabam do beta tests for sales during cyber week or July 4? Network traffic excuse is a joke. They hyped it up for a year, released and couldn't be played? Thats not a beta test. That's just a joke.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    12 of 2 matches won, those 2 wins was where I actually played and the 10 loses were when I got connection error and got kicked out of the game then come back a loss.
  • Options
    Unabonger97Unabonger97 Posts: 49
    They should change the name to battle to stay connected my first 3 attempts 2 where disconnected still cost me an absurd amount of energy and dropped my ranking a steaming pile of garbage as of now
  • Options
    Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    Their servers struggle to keep up with the game now before adding the beta....
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I had no problem with matches i won 3 so far but they need to work on a lot of issues
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    There’s no point for the health boosts and nudes like masochism. When do you have scoring to the fight somebody’s going to win in somebody’s going to lose without the boosts added. What’s the point in making the fights harder? It’s already frustrating enough when you lose why make it harder and more difficult when you do lose? Waymore matches that I have fault both opponents have lost their matches so it’s like the winner is who loses the least worst. Lol. There’s enough strategy already ranking up the right champs picking the right attackers in defenders in the short amount of time there’s going to be a winner and loser no matter what why make it more frustrating by making the matches even tougher?

Kabam just cannot make anything that the community wants without having to put in extra **** to frustrate you.
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

There’s no point for the health boosts and nudes like masochism. When do you have scoring to the fight somebody’s going to win in somebody’s going to lose without the boosts added. What’s the point in making the fights harder? It’s already frustrating enough when you lose why make it harder and more difficult when you do lose? Waymore matches that I have fault both opponents have lost their matches so it’s like the winner is who loses the least worst. Lol. There’s enough strategy already ranking up the right champs picking the right attackers in defenders in the short amount of time there’s going to be a winner and loser no matter what why make it more frustrating by making the matches even tougher?

Kabam just cannot make anything that the community wants without having to put in extra **** to frustrate you.

You may not want this, but that doesn't speak for the community. Adding the nodes helps add a challenge as well as changes this from just dueling a person. It also helps you choose opponents that will help make the nodes even harder as well as attackers that will benefit from the nodes.
  • Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    it is beta but you cry like a baby. grow up
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Beta??…what beta??
    All I know is I got 5 free full energy for EQ👌🏻
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Git gud
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★

Jeal79 said:

Controversial opinion: It's not a beta if I can't play it.

Like seriously, not even being able to play a match? What am I testing here? The champ selection screens?

Very frustrating

It's actually still a beta even if it can't be played. You're helping stress test the server and mode and not being able to play or being able to only get so far and then get disconnected is a bug and helping them notice that and other issues to work on before the actual release
    Finally someone said it in right way. People not understanding that even if it's not playable for majority, it's still a test which will help game team to identify the problem and solve before full launch
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    First day was bad I’ll give you that. Today however was more in line to what I expected a public beta release to be. A few big bugs here and there, but the game mode itself is still playable and working most of the time.