**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    KDJ_12 said:

I’ve been able to get matches with no issues…what I don’t understand is my champion shows 13,000 and my opponent shows let’s say 12,000…then the match starts and my champion is at 16,000 but my opponent is now at 38,000…what am I missing and doing wrong…thanks

Masteries being included in your champ's power and nodes being included in the opponent's
  • WillsilverWillsilver Posts: 63
    I realize this is a Beta, having said that this content is just not for me. I hope the rewards at some point make up for the fact that the energy could be much better used towards literally anything else. Thank you for Kabam for trying something even remotely new but this will never be my focus.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★
    Xnmfjx_13 said:

Xnmfjx_13 said:

Maratox said:

Already found someone cheating in the beta. 9 second kill of peni with a nick and they finished with full health. Modding much?

I’ve been on the other side of this and what happened was connection issues. And when I got back to battle grounds there was 40 seconds left and I was not in the fight. Unfortunately I won with full health and their defender was KO’d
    Yep here is a screenshot of the other side of this. I am pretty sure the other guy got connection issued out of the match as all his/her selections were at the end of the timers. And I had a different match where I lost the fight to a similar result (the had timed out but it then showed the defender dead and them 100% health). So obviously something is screwy about scoring when there is a disconnect. I shouldn't have to score more than 45k to win when the other guy didn't even get to fight.

Which does bring up a larger point for when the mode is officially released. How will the ranked matches handle disconnects? Obviously there has to be some penalty so that force closing isn't a reasonable strategy. But right now it feels like too much of a penalty in that you will probably lose the fight, the match (with the accompanying downgrade in rank) , 15 energy and then the stamina or whatever they are calling it for the champs in use. I don't know what the answer is but maybe if it was that the energy and stamina didn't get taken until the whole 3 round match completed, so that a disconnect didn't take everything would be a way to go.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited March 2022

In the first round I picked Magik as the defender but it switched to tigra, I was unable to lock in before the time ran out.
    The next 2 rounds, I picked someone else as defender and it changed to magik each time.
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98
    So everyone I’ve played so far has debuff, how are those obtained or applied?
  • I had some connection issues during the first few hours, but it’s been ok since then.

I gotta say I’m loving this mode. I love the pacing. Fast matches, fast fights. I love using much more of my roster than I use in other game modes. I love the feeling of true competition. I love getting the chance to test my game knowledge. It’s all quite fun.

As far as energy costs … it will all depend on the rewards. I will probably always explore Cav EQ each month. But after that I would MUCH rather spend my energy to run Battlegrounds than grind out lower levels of EQ for meh rewards. So basically, as long as I can get better rewards from Battlegrounds than I can get for using the same amounts of energy in Uncollected EQ and below, then I know for sure which one I will choose.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Was waiting couple of days after not being able to find a match the day it went on. Today did some fights, but I get load issues constantly on fight load and occasionally I only see some black screen with countdown for my opponent. Sure, I can't say anything good about the mode so far
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The 3/10 games that I didn't get disconnected were incredibly fun, I'm really looking forward to the game mode once some of the issues are fixed.
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    Should be energy free while in Beta.
  • Nephew_4716Nephew_4716 Posts: 3
    edited March 2022
    Some of my thought and experiences so far:

-Still having major connection issues.
    -Chose an attacker for a certain defender and then the defender was a different champ when the fight started.
    -Also I won a fight with G99 against an Ibom. I KO'd him and was at about 85% health then at the results screen it showed me KO'd and he was at 100% health which resulted in a loss for me.

Alot of bug fixing needs to happen before this is permanently added to the game. Still don't like the energy cost at all. Why can't it have it's own form of energy like AW and AQ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    So, aside from all the aforementioned issues, I like the new mode! It's fun. It's nice to have a fresh aspect of the game, and it's easy to get caught up in playing it. I'm a bit tired of Masochism, but I'm sure that will change.
  • MaffMaff Posts: 4

No way ending with 100% health
  • PaoloBittaPaoloBitta Posts: 4
    edited March 2022
    I was so Happy that i managed to play some games this morning, but now i can't play a game anymore, Always disconnected while loading the First fight
    I'm wasting Energy for this, so fix It or make It Energy free
  • ToscanoJuniorToscanoJunior Posts: 24
    My internet is fine but before first match it disconnect. When this happens i lost the battle.

"Incorrect Champions being displayed after random selection: Example - Opponent fails to select a Defender, Iceman is displayed as their random choice. During the player's Attacker selection, the Opponent's Defender is displayed as Immortal Hulk. Upon entering the match, the Opponents's Defender is again displayed as Iceman. Under Investigation."

Not like that, it happens to me during the defender selection.
    edited March 2022
    Also i dont know why we have to press a button to "pick" the defender or attacker. I mean if you place a defender/attacker and you miss to press the button, the defender/attacker shouldnt change.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    These disconnects are killing me. I've played over 30 games lost probably about 15 or so and 12 of those losses are from disconnects. Really killing the mood
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Cool. 6 disconnects in 7 games.... very fun... i know its a beta but seriously. Doesn't seem to happen to others as much.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So I’ve been able to get matches with no issues but anyone else running into timing out a lot? I don’t run suicides and don’t ever plan to run them. Folks who run suicides are at a big advantage when it comes to BG. You guys need to remove masteries for the true launch. Some folks don’t want to ruin suicides and we shouldn’t be punished for that. I’ve had some flawless fights and still time out and my opponent clears because they run suicides. I left with more health than they did just timed out.
    edited March 2022
    https://youtu.be/Y2A9qZErcNg

Sharing the network error that sadly causes losing the battle. At the end of the vídeo, You can see the error message and the Game that closes itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2A9qZErcNg
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 730 ★★★★
    Fighting the same node over and over again. After a while, you end up fighting the same defenders too over and over again.
    What does this sound like: it sounds like AQ, doing same path with the same nodes and champs week after week.
    The draft part is fun, trying to trip up your opponent, avoiding his traps, but as soon as I get into the actual fight, I start to hate it.
    I played for 2 days and I'm bored with it. Maybe it's because there's no actual rewards yet, but still, it gets repetitive after a while (like AQ).
  • After a couple of days some of the shine is coming off, I guess because there are no real rewards and I don’t see much movement in my score/ranking. So I’m left feeling like I’m not playing for much.

I’ve played maybe 30 matches and my score/ranking don’t really move much. It hovers between 1600 and 1660 ish. I guess that means that’s my level. But I have to say that it has started to feel tedious when I play a lot and can’t really move my ranking much up or down. Maybe when there are rewards at stake it will feel more exciting.

Right now though, although I do love the game mode, it feels like running in place.
  • Cowboy78Cowboy78 Posts: 1
    The match making so far sucks and when you pick your attacker to go against the other players defender it's pretty unreasonable to buff a defender to more then double my attacker's power and give them bonus abilities or buffs and expect the experience to be a fun one
  • Emirikol2015Emirikol2015 Posts: 2
    Not a fun play experience right now, hopefully will get some major rework during the beta. Expensive, frustrating, and a counterintuitive UX in many spots.
  • I love all the music, background and stuff but the thing is the bugs we get. I think battlegrounds has to be the most buged part of the game. Maybe it's because of the beta,so I'm fine with that. But the first ever experience on a new mode being the worst,makes everyone feel bad about it.