**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

White Mags PreFight Parry Pushback

Anyone else been noticing that after activating the prefight for White Mags, when you go to parry stun the opponent, there is a significant amount of distance that the player gets pushed back away from the defender? This reminds me when this used to happen in the first years of the game.
I recall this was labeled as a bug and was soon fixed due to the players being left at a disadvantage needing to dash back in before the parry duration expired.
Is this really working as intended..? Seems bugged.

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    It's been like that ever since he was buffed, so I assume it's how he's meant to be. It is annoying, though. It really screws over champs that rely on heavy attacks since it's very difficult to get back in and launch a heavy before the stun expires, even with the increased stun duration. I remember getting absolutely clapped in Variant 7 (I think? The hero one) when my Colossus and Archangel were left floundering wildly as soon as I activated the pre-fight against some difficult foe.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

It's been like that ever since he was buffed, so I assume it's how he's meant to be. It is annoying, though. It really screws over champs that rely on heavy attacks since it's very difficult to get back in and launch a heavy before the stun expires, even with the increased stun duration. I remember getting absolutely clapped in Variant 7 (I think? The hero one) when my Colossus and Archangel were left floundering wildly as soon as I activated the pre-fight against some difficult foe.

The known issues thread by @Kabam Zibiit (check it) says the issue has been resolved. Haven't checked it. But it isn't intended
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    The known issues thread description doesn't accurately describe the issue I encountered. It says the enemy would get pushed back with colossus specifically but my issue was with multiple different champs (don't remember who, but none were colossus) and the enemy wasn't pushed back, I was pushed back once I parried. Don't know what that means for whether my issue should be fixed based on what the Kabam post said.
  • Would you be able to share any video of what you're seeing, along with the info requested in the forum bug report template? This can help us to look into the issue and try to replicate it.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    I don't remember what champions I was using but it was multiple during last month's side quest and/or event quest where there were those nodes that make dashing opponents debuff immune (I think it is called mighty charge). I don't know if it depended on the enemy and/or the attacker and maybe also the nodes or if it would happen anytime. I don't usually use white magneto for his pre-fight except against that node effect so I hardly ever wind up using it but last month I had to run that side quest so many times to try to take less damage so it was very noticeable when it was happening.

I tried taking white magneto into ROL with AA, doom, classic vision and prof x but it didn't happen in a few fights I did against WS using all of them so as I say I don't know if it depends on any of the above mentioned variables that I can't easily recreate now that that quest is over. I am not sure those were some of the champs I noticed it using before so it might be some others also but I don't know. Sorry I can't provide anything concrete at this time.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    It's really simple to duplicate. Use wags prefight, use a metal/hero champ.. parry pushes you back 1.5 to 2 steps.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    To me it seems to happen when I apply the passive stun in a situation where the normal Parry stun would have been removed or not applied, like against purify champions (misty knight boss latest example) or champion with non-contact hits while using champions who can parry said hits (like guardian against ebony maw) ^_^

I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, with the latest version of the game installed (v33.3.1)
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Yep still very much happening.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Would you be able to share any video of what you're seeing, along with the info requested in the forum bug report template? This can help us to look into the issue and try to replicate it.

I don’t have the ability to post video, but what happens is easy to describe:

When you use the White Mags pre-fight, which turns parry stuns into passive stuns, your champion gets knocked back about 1/4 the width of the screen when he/she block-parries (instead of remaining at the point where the block-parry occurs).

Dr. Zola
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 309 ★★★
    I can confirm this is still happening. Happened in war today using wags prefight (Shang-Chi vs Venom & Shang-Chi vs Killmonger). Nodes 37 and 39 on Hard Map.
  • PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    even 8n EQ passive stun pushes you back.
    Its like its now a feature and no longer a bug as this issue has existed since White mags buff
  • AndimingaAndiminga Posts: 36
    Same was already mentioned here and here and here but either the debuggers can't replicate it to fix the error. Or it is so low on their list (input issues and other countless bugs) for like nearly two years that they just don't effing care.
    edited March 2022
    JoseOk said:

Umm they did fix it at one point, though the next month after update it was unfixed. At this point, don’t hold your breath.

Holding your breath for such a long time, you can reach "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Nice Douglas Adam's reference, and yeah, totally agree.
    White Mags still be like:

edited March 2022
    With prefight

edited March 2022

Without prefight

You can both are on the run out parry, Knull ends up in exactly the same spot both parries, but White Mags is back much further when prefight is activated.

Some fights it's even much worse then that.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Actually @mostlyharmlessn that’s a lot better than it was. I’m testing in Cav EQ and the push back is much less with the prefight than it used to be.

@Kabam Zibiit can you confirm there has been a fix done in this?

Dr. Zola
    It is better, but there's still a difference. Watching both run out Parries you can see clearly by the background where Knull and Mags both land, there's still a difference.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Andiminga said:

ANd hre we bump this mithereffing threAD AGAIN

Let's go!
    Just so that we might get a glimpse...besides even more time and resources, what else could we as players provide to the team, to get any chance of a possibility that this eternal bug finally gets looked at??!!!