**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cyber Monday [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Underwhelming is not the word for this horrendous Cyber Monday deal. Not hard at all for 1 time out of the year to offer a 5* gem of our choosing. Total failure with this one. Close to $100k spent on this game, over a course of 3 years. In one of the top 5 alliance’s. My wallet is officially shut down for good. This is pitiful!

$100K, really? Wow. You are very wealthy, sir.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    well one good thing about them limiting the purchase of the awakening gem deal to one is that the whales cant make up for the non spender
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Tempest wrote: »
    Underwhelming is not the word for this horrendous Cyber Monday deal. Not hard at all for 1 time out of the year to offer a 5* gem of our choosing. Total failure with this one. Close to $100k spent on this game, over a course of 3 years. In one of the top 5 alliance’s. My wallet is officially shut down for good. This is pitiful!

$100K, really? Wow. You are very wealthy, sir.

I believe it, I have seen people spend 10k in a single month on this game.
  • Pathetic, I had every intention of buying all the deals but looking at the piss poor deals I'm pretty sure i won't spend at all and if i do it'll only be the Peter Parker wallet and star Lord's bag as they're the only ones that are worth it. I've been a big spender across my two profiles since i started and dropped tens of thousands on this game, so congratulations kabam and thank you for letting me keep my money
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★

Haha yeah until a sale involves a T5 Basic or 6* shards.

Stop your whinging and be thankful you have been able to spend 100k on this, or embarrassed... whichever you decide
  • The game is moving towards 6 stars which means we need to dup 5 stars to earn 6 star shards. You remove almost all the 5 star shards and give T4CC which most people have over flowing into their inventory? 10,000 units for one full alpha 2 is just nuts. Come on Kabam you're suppose to give good offer on Cyber Friday, this is not Milk the Whales Monday!!!!!!!
    Cylon24 wrote: »
    Hey All,

First of all, thank you all for the feedback on the Cyber Monday offers. It's important to keep in mind that while some of you feel that you have progressed past the point where some of these items are necessary for you, it's important to keep in mind that there are LOTS of players that are at the point in the game where these items are of interest to them. You might not need Tier 4 Class Catalysts or a 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, but plenty of players still do.

Additionally, I want to make you all aware that there is an issue with the purchase limit on the deals in the Unit store. You should be able to purchase more than 1 for most of them if you wish (5 of the Peter Parker's Wallet, 3 of the Star Lord's Loot Bag or Tony Stark's Briefcase, 2 of the Black Panther's treasure.) We're working on getting this fixed right now.

This is ridiculous. When I opened the offers it showed limit one for all. I would have made my purchases in a different way. I would have bought the 50$ offer twice and not the 50$ and then 30$. I would much rather have two generics than one generic and one class crystal.

That’s why you don’t blow your load the second a deal or champ comes out
  • Wolfe_Wolfe_ Posts: 12
    Superman69 wrote: »
    'This game is Pay to win. Only people with bigger wallets progress. Kabam doesn't care about players, they want our money'

- Mcoc players.

'Wow Kabam why won't you take our money? We hate you. You don't care about the players. What will I do with all this money in my bank account now'

- Also Mcoc players

Such a great post.
  • Cylon24Cylon24 Posts: 11
    Hey All,

First of all, thank you all for the feedback on the Cyber Monday offers. It's important to keep in mind that while some of you feel that you have progressed past the point where some of these items are necessary for you, it's important to keep in mind that there are LOTS of players that are at the point in the game where these items are of interest to them. You might not need Tier 4 Class Catalysts or a 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, but plenty of players still do.

Additionally, I want to make you all aware that there is an issue with the purchase limit on the deals in the Unit store. You should be able to purchase more than 1 for most of them if you wish (5 of the Peter Parker's Wallet, 3 of the Star Lord's Loot Bag or Tony Stark's Briefcase, 2 of the Black Panther's treasure.) We're working on getting this fixed right now.

This is ridiculous. When I opened the offers it showed limit one for all. I would have made my purchases in a different way. I would have bought the 50$ offer twice and not the 50$ and then 30$. I would much rather have two generics than one generic and one class crystal.

@Kabam Miike Are you addressing this issue? I know that there are people who would have made purchases differently with the knowledge that there was an opportunity to buy an offer more than once. Players shouldn’t be penalized for jumping in “too” soon for an offer.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Disappointed. Should have been generic or choose class of 5 star gem. Just my opinion.
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    I dont know if the multiple questions about the lack of T1 Alphas within the offers were addressed as yet? I would like to know will there be a separate offer for these coming soon, or why have these not included in today’s offers? @Kabam Miike. Thanks.
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    good job you angered lots and lots of people kabam congratulations
  • GregorGregor Posts: 25
    Jinnwolfe wrote: »
    Where's my choosable 5* star awakening gem Mike, i dont care about the units just give me the option to choose

That was not an offer we chose to run. We decided to add a 5-Star Awakening Gem crystal to the Unit Package that we have running all year long. There may be a time in the future where we will offer something like that, but not at this time.

@Kabam Miike, I am afraid of jumping into that $99 deal right now to gamble and miss the opportunity to buy a class specific deal that might pop up by the holidays. This time in the future you are talking about... How much future is it? Weeks, months? If I want a 5* tech awakening gem, should I go for this or just wait until Christmas?
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Gregor wrote: »
    Where's my choosable 5* star awakening gem Mike, i dont care about the units just give me the option to choose

That was not an offer we chose to run. We decided to add a 5-Star Awakening Gem crystal to the Unit Package that we have running all year long. There may be a time in the future where we will offer something like that, but not at this time.

@Kabam Miike, I am afraid of jumping into that $99 deal right now to gamble and miss the opportunity to buy a class specific deal that might pop up by the holidays. This time in the future you are talking about... How much future is it? Weeks, months? If I want a 5* tech awakening gem, should I go for this or just wait until Christmas?

Don't expect a 5* specific or generic deal next month as well.

We got those for 4*s way after 5*s were released. Maybe next 4th of july we'll see a choose your class 5* gem offer. Other than that, probably not.
    Gregor wrote: »

I’d wait. It’s been raining science gems all day
  • Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 168
    Other than the lack of t1a in any of the offers presented today I was overall satisfied with all the offers. Thanks Kabam for opportunity to advance
  • Reinstag wrote: »
    I dont know if the multiple questions about the lack of T1 Alphas within the offers were addressed as yet? I would like to know will there be a separate offer for these coming soon, or why have these not included in today’s offers? @Kabam Miike. Thanks.

I would have dropped some serious units on a Tier 1 Alpha Cache. 50 T1a's for 3000 units would have been a lot better than these crummy cache offers. That said, I did purchase an Odin, and ended up with a Mystic gem.

Score!
  • NDK13 wrote: »
    Hey All,

@Kabam Miike Are you addressing this issue? I know that there are people who would have made purchases differently with the knowledge that there was an opportunity to buy an offer more than once. Players shouldn’t be penalized for jumping in “too” soon for an offer.

Please contact our support team. This isn't something that we can deal with on a grand scale, and will need some one on one attention. They can investigate and find a resolution for you.

@Kabam Miike I did contact support because I was one of the unfortunate souls who spent 3 additional Odins to purchase the Cyber Monday cache. There was no resolution, no compensation. Just a 'oops our bad'. I'm not expecting a refund or any compensation to really happen. But if people are told to contact support for a resolution, then what sort of resolution should they be expecting.

Me:
    My issue is that at the time of my purchases, the bug to only buy 1 of each deal was still present. In order to obtain the additional units to purchase the Cyber Monday Cache, I had to buy additional standard Odin vaults to acquire those units. Had this offer never been bugged in the first place, I would have re-bought the limit offers to obtain units that way and gain the benefit of the additional items in those deals.

Kabam Support:
    Greetings,

Thank you for reaching to us about your request to refund the purchases you have made. I certainly understand your point. I will do my best to help.

I am sorry for this unfortunate case, I will look into this. I have carefully checked my resources for an option and unfortunately we are unable to issue a refund for this case since this will be out of our support scope and not be inline with the Contest mechanics. I understand that this is not the exact response that you are expecting to receive. However you are always free to share your thoughts, suggestions and feedbacks about the case to our Senior Team. This will help us determine any ideas that can be added to the future game content such as refund.

you can get a refund through apple or Google play if u have a legit reason and sure enough yours is one.

Be aware that this is a course of action that does not come without risks. In many MMOs I've played using credit disputes to refund a microtransaction has sometimes triggered a termination of game account. I'm not saying Kabam will do that in this or any other case. I am saying you should consider carefully before doing it.

Armchair lawyers may jump in to claim this is not legal. They are wrong. Out of the many ex-players that attempt to reverse this legally, I'm only aware of one being successful. In China.
  • DjRayDjRay Posts: 1
    Hey All,

Any update on this fix? Was able to get the first few offers, but now I’m getting a transaction error messsage. Can you please advise? I already open up a ticket. Trying to get these deals before they end. Thanks mike
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    To get straight to the point, the real reason why we didn’t see the generic awakening gem is because Kabam wants to give a reason for whales to continue to milk LOL, there’s more milk there for those willing to spend for it
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Kabam tossed us an old bone.

I bought it and got a useless 5* science awakening with no champs in sight. What a bunch of ****.

We asked for generic or pick an awakening and you give us the same old stuff. What happened to customer loyalty. We asked.
This discussion has been closed.