I wanna r3 Aegon as my first r3, what do you think?

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,329 ★★★★★
edited March 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So I just completed 7.4, and I'm still Cavalier cuz I wanted Knull to be my first r3 so I waited to get him, but 3 months have passed since 6.4 and no Knull... 2 days ago I got 6* Aegon, and I think I'll r3 him, but I heard I shouldn't, why?
I haven't done Abyss yet, not even Labyrinth... he can nuke bosses, will get a 6* Generic ag from 7.4 exploration... and I really like him in the story, he is so kind and noble, always protects Carina and it's cute when she calls him Stardust, so should i or not?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• NEOGNONEOGNO Member Posts: 116

Rank up who you enjoy

It's good to rank up a champion that suits you best. So as long as you use the champ well, it's an absolute god. But there are some champs that are just too good :p
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Yes, rank who you like!

However... I'd wait to r3 (even r2 for that matter) until you get that AG and some sigs to pump in him.

He is very underwhelming unduled and perhaps, between now and your 7.4 exploration, another option will come up that you might want to throw a gem into or rank instead.

He will not help you with 7.4 unduped as an R3 - no combo carry over.

And outside of long fight content (abyss, labrynth, certain boss rush type of content) he can end up being bench warmer if there's not a good way of ramping him up fast enough. He shines ramped up (duped only) and if there isn't an option to ramp him up (especially unduped or at low sig where the combo isn't carried over very much), then he's pretty average.

Where he shines, he shines, of course and doesn't have much competition. But why rush it now?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Aegon is an awesome character when he’s duped, never used knull so can’t comment on him but I would go with Aegon
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,087 ★★★★
    If he is awakened and you can take him to high sig, he is amazing. Unawakened he isn’t as great, but I also think if you can get Thronebreaker now you should. Daily crystals are much better than cavalier, opens up other offers for you. As others have said you will be able to R3 much more frequently as TB.

So, even if not awakened Aegon is a solid thronebreaker rankup since even if he is not awakened he probably will be at some point.
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Member Posts: 182 ★★★
    Becoming Thronebreaker will offer you better rewards and offers. If Aegon isn’t awakened he loses some of his value. But it ultimately comes down to who you want to rank up. Rank up who you enjoy using and who works best for you.
  • KennadoKennado Member Posts: 992 ★★★
    edited March 2022

So I just completed 7.4, and I'm still Cavalier cuz I wanted Knull to be my first r3 so I waited to get him, but 3 months have passed since 6.4 and no Knull... 2 days ago I got 6* Aegon, and I think I'll r3 him, but I heard I shouldn't, why?
    I haven't done Abyss yet, not even Labyrinth... he can nuke bosses, will get a 6* Generic ag from 7.4 exploration... and I really like him in the story, he is so kind and noble, always protects Carina and it's cute when she calls him Stardust, so should i or not?

Word to the wise. Never wait for specific champs. Rank who they give you. I waited over three years for a 5 or 6* Ghost. After year one, I ranked Warlock and never thought about Ghost again until last year. Same thing happened to me with Blade and Medusa. Years long wait and when you finally get them, they're useless for your account and left the meta. Rng at it's finest.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,329 ★★★★★
    Ok guys so I've made my decision, I'll wait till I'll be done with 7.4 exploration, I'll open the Nexuses I'll get (5... it's a lot man, and one Class selector too) and if Knull wont be there... I'll give up on the dream and r3 Stardust
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Why are you acting like this is the only champ you’ll get to r3. Just do it. You’re losing rewards and making it harder to clear content.

In a vacuum, rank who you want to rank. I wholeheartedly agree. This isn’t an “A or B” decision, though. It’s rank someone worthy or do nothing because you’ve decided to be weirdly sentimental about your first.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,089 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Why are you acting like this is the only champ you’ll get to r3. Just do it. You’re losing rewards and making it harder to clear content.

In a vacuum, rank who you want to rank. I wholeheartedly agree. This isn’t an “A or B” decision, though. It’s rank someone worthy or do nothing because you’ve decided to be weirdly sentimental about your first.

@Darkraw346 this 👆🏻
    TyEdge said:

Yes...cuz r3... its like when u r3 someone for the first time another phase in the game starts, another age, it's not just a rank up it's the beggining of something new
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,089 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Yes...cuz r3... its like when u r3 someone for the first time another phase in the game starts, another age, it's not just a rank up it's the beggining of something new
    Therefore rank as soon as possible if you have a good option
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,768 ★★★★★

Ok guys so I've made my decision, I'll wait till I'll be done with 7.4 exploration, I'll open the Nexuses I'll get (5... it's a lot man, and one Class selector too) and if Knull wont be there... I'll give up on the dream and r3 Stardust

Why? If you are looking for 7.4 exploration, you get a R2-3 gem in it. You get plenty of materials for R3 throughout all of act 7. If you are already doing exploration of 7.1-3 you should have more than enough materials to r3 several champions. I don't understand why you haven't taken a single champ to r3 and where all your resources are going.

Why? If you are looking for 7.4 exploration, you get a R2-3 gem in it. You get plenty of materials for R3 throughout all of act 7. If you are already doing exploration of 7.1-3 you should have more than enough materials to r3 several champions. I don't understand why you haven't taken a single champ to r3 and where all your resources are going.
    Yes, I can take 7 champs to r3.
    It's not about the resources, its about what I wrote above

TyEdge said:

I dont wanna brag but... ok I do, I have good options such as Hercules, Kitty pryde, Human torch...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,768 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

I dont wanna brag but... ok I do, I have good options such as Hercules, Kitty pryde, Human torch...
    I think you're just trolling now. I'm all for ranking who you like playing but you're taking it to weird extremes. It doesn't even sound like your aegon is duped either.

TyEdge said:

I think you're just trolling now. I'm all for ranking who you like playing but you're taking it to weird extremes. It doesn't even sound like your aegon is duped either.
    Not yet, but I'll explore 7.4, and then...