**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red in 2022

Is there a reason Omega Red isn’t as highly regarded as he once was? Is it because the mutant class is so stacked? I’m debating putting a 6* AG on him instead of Archangel because I already have a 5* Archangel fully maxed. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I use my r3 in AW all the time.

You need to run damage masteries to maximize his damage, and you want max sig as well, so that could be a disincentive for players.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I think he's turned into more of a guilty pleasure champ since he requires sig 200 and his prestige is extremely low. It's hard for people to justify that level of resource investment when they have other champs available that can get the job done.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    For me I have more use out of AA than OR. I would use it on AA.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    @Etjama (who is currently muted) has a rank 4.
    I’ve seen some gameplay and it’s pretty impressive
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Not many 6* sig stones available for the most part currently in game. That, on top of the low prestige, are the main reasons folks have devalued him. If you have your prestige in order and have the sig stones, he's still a beyond god tier champ. Nothing changed on that end ever.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 633 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Sorry to ask but... I have all the necessary items to take him to r3 & almost sig 200, sig 183 to be exact.. After seeing some 7.3 & 7.4 content (haven't started those yet), would he really be useful on more paths than not? Could care less about prestige though it would take every 6* stone that I have. Appreciate any info
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Sorry to ask but... I have all the necessary items to take him to r3 & almost sig 200, sig 183 to be exact.. After seeing some 7.3 & 7.4 content (haven't started those yet), would he really be useful on more paths than not? Could care less about prestige though it would take every 6* stone that I have. Appreciate any info

Short answer, Yes. Long answer, Act 7 is for expansive rosters. If you're going in it of the mind that you'll rely on a few champs to explore it, you're better served ranking some more champs along with OR. There is no catch all champ for those bits of content.
  • Options
    Shad0wShad0w Posts: 87
    AA over omega red, 100% if you don't want to waist mutant sig stones on a 6 star omega red, cause 6 star sig stones are hard to get, events, or pay to win or get lucky by pulling omega red a lot, which is a feet to itself. Think abt that
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    Man Omega Red all Day. I’ve seen people on here mention there not a lot of 6* stone yet I see a good number of players in game with 200 sig 6*’s. If you grind cav SQ that’s 10 a mon. You might get lucky and get some mutant class. Act 7 has 6* stones of your TB. I mean omega is is definitely worthy of the awakening gem. I personally am not the biggest fan of AA either lol
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Why was he muted @SpideyFunko
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

Why was he muted @SpideyFunko
    tbh it’s been so long I don’t even remember