**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Show off your new R4(s)

Comments

• Options
    Mine were pretty standard, APoc and Doomm... ccurrently exploring on the alt to see if i can pull something spicy
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 339 ★★
    Mine was black widow clair
  • Options
    SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★

ooh I was just thinking about her potential at r4. Whats it like?
  • Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★

Best case scenario for sure when I got the science gem
  • Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114

Have you noticed any difference? I also took Claire to R4 and it feels the same as R3, I did not notice any change.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Mario33 said:

Was hoping I’d pull a tech awakening gem to awaken him. How’s he at R4?
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

Should finish up exploration this weekend and add another.
  • Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★

Yes!! I saw you on prof's video. Insane r4's for sure. Jealous of sentry for sure
  • Options
    X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155
    Surfer and Doom
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Yes Herc is staying at 180 so that he doesn’t have higher prestige than Mr Negative and therefore would be my profile picture and yes I absolutely am that petty

You've just condemned yourself to pulling Herc from your next 6* crystal mate. Although I applaud the pettiness.
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★

Right now i have apoc which i did after Carina challange and after 7.4 got tech gem...now i might either go with nimrod or warlock...!!!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@BitterSteel you're not a big fan of Falcon? I've grown pretty fond of your take on champs, so I'm kinda curious as to why. I fully concede that his massive damage only exists against evade champs, but that defensive AAR is so clutch against so many annoying defenders and nodes.

@mgj0630 I do fully appreciate Falcon has a ton of utility, and he has respectable damage for War level fights. He's a great champ, I just cannot stand using him! None of what I'm about to say is an argument for why he's bad, just more for why I don't like him personally.

I think it's a combination of feeling like the tempo of the fight is quite slow with dashing back every so often and holding block, but also that his special attacks don't really.. do anything? A bit of bleed, and a guaranteed crit sure, incinerate and vulnerability but I like to feel that my champs have reasons to use specials - whereas falcon using specials vs not using them is pretty much the same champ in the grand scheme of things.

All the champs I enjoy using are either fast paced (Tigra, Herc, Killmonger, CGR), interesting special use that really affects the matchup (Prof X, Elsa, Spidey 2099, Venompool, Diablo, Apoc) or has something really special about their gameplay (Negative with his evade + energy management, Overseer with massive damage burst, Shang Chi with his strike's etc). And some have cross over between the three. For me, Falcon feels slow, his specials do barely anything and I don't feel like Falcon has anything to his gameplay except MLLLM over and over until you need to dash back and hold block.

What I don't like about Falcon isn't really his abilities, but how he feels to play. Purely objectively speaking, there are probably times Falcon would do me well! Subjectively, and from the perspective I want to enjoy the game, I would rather use many other champions!
  • Options

Yes Herc is staying at 180 so that he doesn’t have higher prestige than Mr Negative and therefore would be my profile picture and yes I absolutely am that petty

You've just condemned yourself to pulling Herc from your next 6* crystal mate. Although I applaud the pettiness.
    Graves_3 said:

Looks like you jinxed yourself. Watch your next pull be herc..

@Squirrelguy @Graves_3 I am fully aware you're both probably right.. But I also feel that I jinxed myself the second I took him to sig 180. I'd originally left him at 175, since 195 is the last sig level that is below Negative at 200 haha, that way I still had room (I'm even pettier than previously admitted..). But then I realised that if I duped Herc to 195 I'd have to use those sigs on him regardless to avoid a loss of a max sig crystal, so I gave him the last sigs to get him to 180.
  • Options

mgj0630 said:

@BitterSteel you're not a big fan of Falcon? I've grown pretty fond of your take on champs, so I'm kinda curious as to why. I fully concede that his massive damage only exists against evade champs, but that defensive AAR is so clutch against so many annoying defenders and nodes.

@mgj0630 I do fully appreciate Falcon has a ton of utility, and he has respectable damage for War level fights. He's a great champ, I just cannot stand using him! None of what I'm about to say is an argument for why he's bad, just more for why I don't like him personally.

I think it's a combination of feeling like the tempo of the fight is quite slow with dashing back every so often and holding block, but also that his special attacks don't really.. do anything? A bit of bleed, and a guaranteed crit sure, incinerate and vulnerability but I like to feel that my champs have reasons to use specials - whereas falcon using specials vs not using them is pretty much the same champ in the grand scheme of things.

All the champs I enjoy using are either fast paced (Tigra, Herc, Killmonger, CGR), interesting special use that really affects the matchup (Prof X, Elsa, Spidey 2099, Venompool, Diablo, Apoc) or has something really special about their gameplay (Negative with his evade + energy management, Overseer with massive damage burst, Shang Chi with his strike's etc). And some have cross over between the three. For me, Falcon feels slow, his specials do barely anything and I don't feel like Falcon has anything to his gameplay except MLLLM over and over until you need to dash back and hold block.

What I don't like about Falcon isn't really his abilities, but how he feels to play. Purely objectively speaking, there are probably times Falcon would do me well! Subjectively, and from the perspective I want to enjoy the game, I would rather use many other champions!
    I use my falcon all the time because i like seeing the big yellow numbers off the sp2, but I see your point, and agree. He doesn't feel like anything special
  • Options
    Sazed said:

mgj0630 said:

I use my falcon all the time because i like seeing the big yellow numbers off the sp2, but I see your point, and agree. He doesn't feel like anything special
    Oh yeah I’d never begrudge anyone who does enjoy playing him. Everyone has their own preferences! Same way I’d never be annoyed if people didn’t enjoy playing the champs I do enjoy (except maybe Mr Negative)

• Options

Sazed said:

mgj0630 said:

Oh yeah I’d never begrudge anyone who does enjoy playing him. Everyone has their own preferences! Same way I’d never be annoyed if people didn’t enjoy playing the champs I do enjoy (except maybe Mr Negative)

Well lets just say I don't enjoy pulling champs that aren't Mr. Negative. After I saw your gameplay, I've been hunting him, but for life of me cant pull him above a 3* and I pulled the 3* for the first time last week.
  • Options
    Sazed said:

Sazed said:

mgj0630 said:

Well lets just say I don't enjoy pulling champs that aren't Mr. Negative. After I saw your gameplay, I've been hunting him, but for life of me cant pull him above a 3* and I pulled the 3* for the first time last week.
    You have my Mr Negative blessing! Good luck mate
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    @BitterSteel that's a perfectly legitimate reason. Appreciate it. Like I said, I was honestly curious, cause I tend to be in full agreement with your thoughts about champs (proud owner of 6* r3 Overseer and Mr. Neg for example), and when you have something positive to say about a champ I've overlooked, I usually give them a second chance.

So yeah, that's why I was curious when you said you weren't a fan. You're not wrong though, he's kinda boring to play, but that's probably a big part of why I like him. Such easy access to the AAR that doesn't require me to remember the last 18 things I did to make the AAR happens.

Some of the champs released in the last year have just gotten so complicated to get the most out of them, that I just lose interest immediately.
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 339 ★★
    Berlad8 said:

Have you noticed any difference? I also took Claire to R4 and it feels the same as R3, I did not notice any change.
    Nerhh not really but maybe it's because I don't run suicides.I actually did rank her coz I love her.its her utilities for me.damage wise,I've always got hela with odin synergy for plus knull as well
  • Options
    Shad0wShad0w Posts: 87

Like this
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    ShadowOG said:

Like this

You’re about 2 ranks short mate