**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Superior Kang broken [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    I am have problem with this too
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I'm just about to fully explore this tonight or tomorrow, so I'm glad someone posted this. I'd love to hear an update.

Also, does this happen everytime or intermittently?
  • Options
    Hey there, thank you to those who have shared details on this issue. The team is looking into this and investigating possible solutions. For those who haven't yet, if you can provide the information requested above, that can help us to narrow things down some more as we work toward a solution.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Was just coming to post this. Was very annoying. IPhone 11 as well for me
  • Options
    TO_GOTO_GO Posts: 8
    My screen went dark many times too.
    After returning to the home screen before force quitting the app because it went dark, I opened the game again and was able to press the end of battle button, I pressed it to revive my champion and fight again.
    Then I saw that Khan had gone from phase 2 to phase 4.
    Phase 3 seemed to be gone.
  • Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    edited April 2022
    The last 3 runs I took:

1st run: human torch took him to the end of phase 1, and after the cut scene he is transitioned to phase 3.

2nd and 3rd run: took him down to the end of phas 1 with torch and ultron, screen went black and had to press the quit button. When I restarted the fight after reviving my champs, I was in phase 3.

My first 3 runs were done earlier and did not seem to suffer from the bug.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    I had this happen 3 times during the Kang fight.

I'm on iOS 15.3.1 running an iPhone 8.
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 81
    Device and Version: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G | SM-G998B/DS

Device Operating System: Android 12

Mobile Carrier: o2 Germany

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi

Game Version Installed: Version 34.0.1

Game Mode: Story Quests 7.4.6

Champions Affected: 5* Human Torch | 5/65 | Sig 60

Active Boosts: No Boosts active

Description of the Issue: Took him down to the end of Phase 1 with Human Torch, screen went black and had tohard reset the game. When I restarted the game match up popped up with Human Torch at full life and Kang at half life and at phase 1 again.
  • Options
    DioniusDionius Posts: 19
    I was aware of this issue, but I did an easier path this morning and completed kang with no bug issues. I proceeded to go down the “prowess” (slipstream link node) path next, got to kang, died halfway through phase 1. Went back in with Ultron and had my best run yet where I got him all the way to phase 4, but transitioning into phase 4 I got the endless black screen glitch. I was forced to quit the app and restart, bringing me back into phase 1.
    I attempted to fight him again, but this time while transitioning into phase 2, I got the black screen and forced to quit the app again. I will give it some time before I go back to attempt again, because I really don’t want to have to back out of this current run.

I am running a fully updated iPhone 12. Game and software up to date. On strong personal wifi.

• Options
    EssenwangerEssenwanger Posts: 3
    Hi:
    This happened to me also many times (with my Ultron). After trying and trying, need to kill my Champ and restart from phase 1.
    Spent a lot of additional resources due to this bug.
    Finally I manage to kill Kang the 6 times. :-(
  • Options
    Device and Version: IPhone 11 14.8.1

Device Operating System: IOS

Mobile Carrier: Rogers

Champions Affected: 5* Ultron R5

Description of the Issue: Facing superior Kang. Once phase 1 is complete the game goes black screen after he rewinds time. Black screen does not go away and forced to close app. When returning to pre fight screen Kang has jumped to phase 3. Entering back into the fight going into phase 4 same issue happens and the fight goes to black screen.

This happened on 5 seperate paths and runs.
    Multiple revives wasted to complete buggy content.
  • Options
    RedSauveRedSauve Posts: 5
    Device and Version - IPad Pro 15.3.1

Mobile Carrier: Eastlink

Champions Affected: 6* Ultron R2

Description of issue : 7.4.6 i took the power technician path got to kang no problems then i got the black screen 3 or 4 time vs kang.really discouraging
  • Options
    JoeqwJoeqw Posts: 55

Ip

iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Verizon

Screen goes black. Glowing light in left corner. Can get it respond to show pause/quit but that is all. Have to either quit (lose champ) or force quit app. Happened in 3 of 6 fights for me. All using r3 Ultron 6* as my champ. Frustrating and cost a few items in the end.
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    I don't understand why there isn't a notice about this in game or banner on the forums. It would be good to know there is a problem with the fight before going into it..
  • Options
    Saske97Saske97 Posts: 81
    Didn't have a problem on the other paths but it happened twice today in the span of 10 minutes after finishing the Persistent pressure, Buff Synthesis and Power Axis path.

Device and Version: Samsung Galaxy S10+

Device Operating System: Android

Mobile Carrier: Three

Champions Affected: Superior Kang

Description of the Issue: After finishing phase 1 and 3, the screen went black as soon as Kang's animation concluded. Only options available were to quit the fight or force close the app. The first time the game allowed me to restart the fight as it counted as connection lost.

• Options
    BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    Same here!!!! It happened to me twice! First time I force restarted and luckily it let me do the fight again with full health. But then it did it again in the same fight so the force restart killed me!

I don’t normally ask for compensation but cmon Kabam, I used 5 revives on the path and now it looks like I’ll have to exit the quest!!!

https://youtu.be/TAWLXhgucb8

https://youtube.com/shorts/V3BjVvmp8QU?feature=share
  • Options
    MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    Had the same issue on my ipad. Screen going black at the end of phase 2. I tried twice and then decided to try on my iphone and then this happened: as phase 2 finished, Kang did his watch time rewind thingy twice in a row (with some odd visual effect in between) and I was straight into phase 4...
  • Options
    Buggster32Buggster32 Posts: 5
    I keep having same issues as well. Complete stage 3 then he does his reverse time and my screen goes black. I restart game complete stage 3 again and same thing.
  • Options
    MonkaHMonkaH Posts: 1

Device and version: Samsung Galaxy Note10+, Android version 12.

Device operating system: Android

Mobile Carrier: Singtel

Wifi

Game version installed: 34.0.1

Game mode: story quest, 7.4.6, Superior Kang fight

Champions affected: 6* R3 Human Torch

Boost used: 10% Atk, 10% Hp & Atk, 15% Hp

Description of issue: healed up my HT to full and went into phase 3. Finished it with 89% health left and after the rewind animation, the screen turned black and i can't do anything afterwards. Had to quit the fight and give up on my almost full hp HT with smoulder charges.

• Options
    GogataGogata Posts: 71

3 times in a row, lost in 1 run lost HT prefight, wasted like 8 revives and heals and etc... pure BS and the best part is after it when I got the selector the f game crashed and it gave me a random one
  • Options
    L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    edited April 2022
    Phone: Motorola one 5G Ace on Android version 10
    Carrier: Metro by T-Mobile
    Wifi
    Version: 34.0.1
    7.4.6. Superior Kang fight
    15% Attack Boost active
    Champs affected: 6* Rank 2 Ultron and 5* 5/65 Odin

I finished kangs first phase, then after the animation the screen turned black and I couldn't do anything. After restarting the game, I was back in phase 1, my Ultron had lost half health and all 3 Odin pre-fights I had activated were gone completely.

• Options
    Ben550pBen550p Posts: 38
    I have just beaten 2 phases and somehow he is at phase 1 with full health now. I have an android galaxy s21. I have verizon 5g and it is version 34.1.0
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    I knew the risk attempting this fight and sure enough I got kabmmed just now.

I really don’t feel like posting the video of my shoddy fighting and your game failing, so here’s a screen shot of my team and all relevant info.

iPad Air 4th gen
    iOS 15.4.1
    Latest MCOC version
    No boosts active

Took the smorgasbord path
    Phase 2
    Using nick fury in his LMD phase vs Kang, I got to the wounded phase and the game blacked out after his timeloop animation

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Happened again in stage 3 using a different champion. Can post a vid if needed.
  • Options
    BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    edited April 2022
    I’ve got a full fight video for this. Recorded it after I had to force restart twice in a row due to black screen. As you can see in the video I also lost my odin pre-fights on my ultron. Not that that matters anyway because I couldn’t even get past the black screen after the first phase. I used 5 revives on the path btw so I’ll be upset if there is no comp for the players affected by this bug.

https://youtu.be/G9glUK3cWQQ

Device and Version: iPhone 7 plus (latest version)

Mobile Carrier: China Mobile Hong Kong

Cellular or WiFi: Tried both. Same thing.

Champions Affected: R3 Ultron 6 star

Description of the Issue: 3 times in a row there was a black screen between phases as seen in the video. The first and third time it was between phase 1-2. The second time it was between phase 2-3.
  • Options
    L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    Same thing happened again from my last post. Phase 1 finished, black screen, restart, lost half health on Ultron and lost Odin pre-fights. Then again in same fight, I finished phase 3 with 6* Rank 3 Moleman, black screen, restart, lose half health, start again in beginning of phase 3.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Come on Kabam any update on this issue?
    Was gonna do my initial completion of this quest but it seems I have to wait for a fix and save my resources.
    Good thing I always check these forums before I start some questing.

Wake up Kabam.
  • Options
    PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    I also lost my ultron in this fight - screen went black after his 3rd phase was completed.