The T4CC Conundrum

2»

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,099 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Wicket329 said:

I think I saw @BitterSteel break it down best. It costs 15 t4cc to take a 6* r1 champion to r3. There is no regular way to target full t4cc, so you have to pop the random crystals. Statistically speaking, and assuming you are starting from 0, that means opening 90 t4cc crystals for one champion.

If you want to rank a second champ of the same class? Good luck. Now you have to deal with some serious overflow maintenance issues. I used to avoid this by ranking my classes in proportion to each other, but now I’m at a point where I have other priorities and that’s not really feasible. It sucks to be throttled by a material that was designed as a limiter for 4* champions now in 2022.

Two things can be true at once - the larger issue of t4cc being stripped from rewards needs to be addressed, and the person who does what you describe in your post is largely undeserving of help.

These are the pieces of it that I have a problem with:

If someone is starting from 0, they likely just ranked a champ in that class. This game requires choice. Saying you don’t have t4cc because you just spent it on Knull instead of Hype is no better or worse than saying you don’t have t5cc for the same reason.

There are very few reasons that this game requires a r3 right now. Faced with two great pulls from one class, there’s an argument that the best outcome is having both at r2 pending the acquisition of more t4cc, then picking the r3. You might awaken one in the interim. If you need this champ for war right away, okay.

There was a point where they started pushing t4cc lower and lower on the AQ rewards. The longer you’ve been a top tier AQ player, the longer you’ve been without t4cc in rewards and the longer you’ve been getting t5cc. That double whammy is what creates the shortage. I have 20 r3 champs and the stuff for 4 more…I’m no worldbeater. I’ve been in a 500-1200 rank alliance long enough that I have a huge stash of t4cc but I’ve absolutely seen it eroding over time. I almost always make sure I’m ranking across classes because I don’t want to do t4cc trade in crystals. Sometimes that means exciting pulls get ranked across a few level up days, but none of them fundamentally change what I’m capabale of, such that I need them NOW.

Edit: Thronebreaker launched September 2020. Season 8 was November, and rank rewards stopped including t4cc for the top 800. Season 7 offered 3 t4cc for ranks 91-150.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Member Posts: 369 ★★★
    Quick tip for the T4cc. We know it’s rigged. There’s no way you pop 20 crystals and not land 1 of a certain class. So play their game. Always pop 10 week and make sure u have 18+ of each. Never open them while low on one seeking to get it. Always open them before the rank up that puts u low on that certain class
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

Quick tip for the T4cc. We know it’s rigged. There’s no way you pop 20 crystals and not land 1 of a certain class. So play their game. Always pop 10 week and make sure u have 18+ of each. Never open them while low on one seeking to get it. Always open them before the rank up that puts u low on that certain class

2.6% chance of something happening is an odd definition of “no way”, but to each their own.
  • AzenstarAzenstar Member Posts: 70
    F2P have no T4CC problem, so if you like to pay for this game, then you should just buy t4cc too... problem solved :D
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

I have about 150 t4cc crystals saved up. I don’t think I’ve dropped below 100 in quite some time. I do all my rank ups based on keeping an even-ish number across all classes. I have close to 30 r3s and a ton of champs. So it’s not always the champs I’m eyeing to rank but not a big deal either (for my account). When I get around 5-6 cats in all classes i pop 50-60 crystals and all classes get filled up pretty equally.

The last time I targeted a class was for my TB rank up of apoc. I think I opened like 50-60 cats for 2 mutant t4cc. Had some serious overflow management then

This is more of an anomaly than the standard. Kudos to you - seriously, I usually hover around 50 x T5CC, but that's mostly because I'm saving and don't want to invest in the champs I'm pulling. That said, after exploring Act 7.4 and getting a handful of amazing champs that I want and can R3, that T5CC is gonna go quick and then it's going to be a matter of saving again - something that isn't particularly fun to do for long periods of time.

Sometimes RNG is in huge favor of accounts and when you get the right T4CC and/or champ and/or other materials more than not, it can be easy to save up. But on the flip side, there are accounts (as shown above) that RNG isn't in there favor and to get what they need/want, they have to send items into overflow and sometimes even then they don't get the RNG for the rank up they are targeting. I needed 2 mutant cats the other day - popped 20 and got 1. I was already max mystic and got 8 almost all in a row. I know it's RNG, but a lot of the time it feels like the game knows what we want/need and gives the exact opposite without even trying to be sneaky about it.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,474 ★★★★
    time to put fully formed t4cc in the catalyst vault
  • Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Member Posts: 183
    Azenstar said:

F2P have no T4CC problem, so if you like to pay for this game, then you should just buy t4cc too... problem solved :D

Oh honey 🤦
  • Mike1GMike1G Member Posts: 6
    I’m not sure if everyone is aware, but you can do the daily T4CC 3 times per day. The auto complete, and then play thru each path(auto play). So you can get about 30% of a T4CC per day with a cost of about 100 or so energy. Not great but better than before.
  • Hambone_Zone1Hambone_Zone1 Member Posts: 31
    My post was edited by Kabam but they have not responded to the comments. SO they have seen this whether they listen is another story.