**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Sentinel cutoff - 229 million

Comments

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    I only grind arena for units. Unless you are prepared to literally devote almost every waking hour and several Odin's worth of units to get a 6*, I feel that just grinding for units and completing content is a better use of my time. YMMV, of course.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Recharges are just one of the things that needs to be fixed. Surely, there are other aspects that can change in order to accommodate it's removal. Now I'm not really sure how the game mode itself can be saved, if it can really

But if recharges are the biggest problem right now? Absolutely they are
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Should be top 400. Somehow it went down from 200 when 6* arena came out. Arena is extremely out dated. Definitely needs some attention already.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Should be top 400. Somehow it went down from 200 when 6* arena came out. Arena is extremely out dated. Definitely needs some attention already.

It wouldn't be enough. It would just mean that people would spend even more to go beyond 230 million points
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

It wouldn't be enough. It would just mean that people would spend even more to go beyond 230 million points
    That makes no logical sense at all. If it was top 300 the cutoff would drop significantly.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★
    Simply put, if u want it, try for it. If not then so be it.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 742 ★★★★

👀
    They folks that grinded for her probably spent 2-4 Odin's on refills
    That score is insane

229 million is a lot more than that
    Nope. For me, to put up 230 mil I'd need to spend about 13k units, so about 4 odins. And my roster isnt that crazy, 144 6*, 192 5* (ranked for arena.)
    Also, 5h sleep/day at most for the duration
  • Options
    Darkblade99Darkblade99 Posts: 2
    It's just a complete lack of attention from them. It won't be hard to increase the rankings for the 6* at top 200-300.
    Or put the said champion at a set milestone which could be high.
    Even if i needed to put 220+million to get the champion "guaranteed" on a milestone. So be it. For as long as the assurance is there. Could plan better by saving units, could sleep better knowing i have an assured target.
    Along with it, they can offer thru store some boosts exclusively for arenas so they could earn some too.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★

Zan0 said:

Arena hasn't changed that much ever since ... ever, almost.

I'll keep saying it. Recharge system needs to be removed. It's as simple as that

Back at it again with that ridiculous take? No recharge means these whale accounts have a guaranteed top spot and don’t have to spend any units
    Is still a better system than what we have currently
    A better system is to increase bracket size. But that’d make kabam less money most likely
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

That makes no logical sense at all. If it was top 300 the cutoff would drop significantly.
    People would just score even more. Simply increasing bracket size doesn't fix the arena issue, it just further delays it until it becomes worse a few months later
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★

I knew it was going to be high when I posted a 61 million for the five star at rank 352ish. Something has got to give or change because whenever there is a new champ with hype there is rarely a chance for any normal player to get them within the next 6-12 months.

Options to fix:

1. Increase cutoffs. Maybe 6 star increase to 250-300 players and 5 star to 1,000
    2. Have one more milestone that is much higher for the 5/6 star version. For a five star maybe 50 million and 6 star 100 million

This would make me motevated again
  • Options
    MMaqsoodMMaqsood Posts: 28
    Lorddrew said:

I knew it was going to be high when I posted a 61 million for the five star at rank 352ish. Something has got to give or change because whenever there is a new champ with hype there is rarely a chance for any normal player to get them within the next 6-12 months.

Options to fix:

1. Increase cutoffs. Maybe 6 star increase to 250-300 players and 5 star to 1,000
    2. Have one more milestone that is much higher for the 5/6 star version. For a five star maybe 50 million and 6 star 100 million

Then no one will buy early access crystals or Cav crystals and I don't think Kabam will like that. But i do think a score like 200 million for 6 star is high enough that only the most hardcore will push for it and would be an appropriate cut-off.
  • Options
    MMaqsood said:

Lorddrew said:

Options to fix:

Then no one will buy early access crystals or Cav crystals and I don't think Kabam will like that. But i do think a score like 200 million for 6 star is high enough that only the most hardcore will push for it and would be an appropriate cut-off.
    It needs to be a realistic milestone that can be realistically achievable without unit/recharge usage. Otherwuse the issue remains the same, and neither solutions provided would work for everyone
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,305 ★★★★★
    What’s the absolute maximum possible score if somebody human can grind non stop? And what would be the unit cost?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    As the number of Champs people acquire goes up, so will the Points. Some Champs will be in higher demand than others. The problem is, it's a competition after all. I'm not saying the numbers don't seem insane, just that it's inevitable.
    Although, with the Units people spend on Recharges, they could likely try their hand at Crystals easier. Lol.
  • Options

As the number of Champs people acquire goes up, so will the Points.

The thing is, that's not how it goes for these.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I challenge any Kabam employee: even given a "test account" with every champion at max (obtainable) rank... do your job, eat something and get at least a little sleep, and see what kind of score you can put up. Calculate in it an unlimited amount of arena boosts, use whatever masteries you want, and any boosts that are easily obtainable (greater champion, regular attack, and regular health)... but nothing that costs units. What score can you get?

Even that... should be higher than the cutoff since no one in this game, not even HQ Sean can boast that roster.

If you can't get 229M with that... then something is indeed broken.

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    How embarrassing for Kabam that they still can't weed out the cheaters. Glad I'm FTP.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

What’s the absolute maximum possible score if somebody human can grind non stop? And what would be the unit cost?

at a very basic level, you can get at least 300,000 Points per Round which is every 2 minutes or so.

72 Hours X 60 Minutes = 4320 Minutes
    4320 Rounds / 2 Minutes per Round = 2160 Rounds
    2160 Rounds X 300,000 Points per Round = 648,000,000 Points

I'm sure it you're boosting as hard as possible, are refreshing the 3 optimal champions at max rank (6* star rank 4 .. for now) and max sig, ,optimal masterys, as well as having the best hardware and internet connection, you can probably exceed that number as well but you'll have less control over the variables that matter at that point like fight time and matchup.