**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

R5 RANKUP FOCUS

Which Champ would be the best going forward with to tackle 6.2 and so-on?
Looking for overall utility, power and potential to help me achieve Thronebreaker.
All tips are welcome

R5 RANKUP FOCUS 20 votes

Medusa (awakened)
0% 0 votes
Kitty (awakened)
70% 14 votes
Thing (awakened)
0% 0 votes
Cap IW (no sig)
5% 1 vote
Guilly 2099 (no sig)
10% 2 votes
Sorcerer Sup (no sig)
5% 1 vote
Ghost (no sig)
10% 2 votes
Venom (no sig)
0% 0 votes
Magik (no sig)
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    i really believe kitty is a game changing champ for most accounts. she can handle and bypass so many nodes and matchups. i think someone recently posted a GM solo using her recently too.
    ghost is also great, and she has a nice synergy with kitty.
    if you learn and rank the above two, you can handle the majority of content.

sorcerer supreme can come in clutch for those buff heavy matchups. might do well vs. 6.2.6 champion as well
    medusa is still good, but she's taken a backseat to being the "robot killer" for magneto
    caiw really gets his kit from being awakened and max signature, he's worth the long-term investment IMO

really depends ultimately on what your account needs, but my personal preference in rankings:
    kitty
    ghost
    magik
    venom
    medusa
    thing
    capiw
    guillotine2099

cap and guilly would only go up the priority list if you can get them awakened and a decent signature level.
    each of these champs fill a niche of fights, and many can be used in the back issues variant difficulties.
  • Options
    HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    edited April 2022

i really believe kitty is a game changing champ for most accounts. she can handle and bypass so many nodes and matchups. i think someone recently posted a GM solo using her recently too.
    ghost is also great, and she has a nice synergy with kitty.
    if you learn and rank the above two, you can handle the majority of content.

sorcerer supreme can come in clutch for those buff heavy matchups. might do well vs. 6.2.6 champion as well
    medusa is still good, but she's taken a backseat to being the "robot killer" for magneto
    caiw really gets his kit from being awakened and max signature, he's worth the long-term investment IMO

really depends ultimately on what your account needs, but my personal preference in rankings:
    kitty
    ghost
    magik
    venom
    medusa
    thing
    capiw
    guillotine2099

cap and guilly would only go up the priority list if you can get them awakened and a decent signature level.
    each of these champs fill a niche of fights, and many can be used in the back issues variant difficulties.

Thank you for the breakdown! I haven't used Kitty and Ghost very much but seems like it's something I should practice at.
    This helps me get an better idea at whom I need to invest in long term and focus my resources into.
    My team definitely could use some solid cosmic help in the near future so Venom/Medusa will be good potential candidates.
  • Options
    between venom and medusa, theyre both solid choices, but i would give the edge to venom, personally.

sure medusa has the auto-block to save you potentially in tight situations and can shut down robots, but venom is just a monster with his bleeds, armor breaks, buffs, heavy reach, the true strike under 18%, and as an added kicker, spider-verse champs cannot evade against him.
  • Options
    oh and not to mention the new synergy with the yet-to-be-released Scorpion. Venom will be wild man
  • Options
    HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345

oh and not to mention the new synergy with the yet-to-be-released Scorpion. Venom will be wild man

Right! Not to mention I've got a handful of Spider-verse champs in my lineup ready for Venom to join the team. Unless I land Knull or Herc, Venom is my next Cosmic rank.