**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you enjoy the Rift style of Side Quests?

Comments

• Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    I’d like it a lot more if the rewards were a little stronger or there was no energy spend involved. As it is, it’s a bit of a chore. Just doing to them get what I get and moving on.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    im with the above mentioned. i mean its a cool idea, and i enjoy that its only a few short fights, but the RNG aspect is giving me the rewards i want/need the least. out of 7 legendary runs, i ended up with a big pile of 5* shards, a few t4cc, and half a t2a.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Yes I enjoy rifts

Mutant treasure Island was one of the best and simplest concept

Everyone remembers mutant treasure island as absolutely every side event since then gets compared to it. What most people forgot though is it was bugged in the players favor. Kabam decided to leave it bugged in players favor which led to easier and more rewards.

Of course a side event that had rewards bugged in users favor was great, but Kabam messed up by leaving it bugged in users favor because now every side event since then people compare it to the rewards bugged mutant treasure island which is not a fair comparison.

This is also why Kabam is likely hesitant on bringing back mutant treasure island as they know they will get flooded with complains on rewards not as op as first go around.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    on the plus side, they give you 4 keys, so that's 1350x4=5400 6 star shards guaranteed for me
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Yes I enjoy rifts
    the last time i think we got rifts in june. And wth was the quest! i wasn't able to complete even 1 of the first 2 randomied champs most of the time on legendary difficulty. Today, i can literally complete the entire quest with hercules. feeling proud
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Yes I enjoy rifts
    318Chubz said:

NO!!!

I hate rifts, they suck — too much RNG, and the rewards are lackluster.

Imagine if LEGENDARY RIFTS 7 portals were…

1. T5 Basic
    2. T2 Alpha
    3. 10K 5* Shards
    4. 5K 6* Shards
    5. 10% T5 Class Selector
    6. 5* Generic Gem
    7. 6* Class Gem

I WOULD BE SUPER EXCITED TO DO RIFTS!!!

.......... Are you saying that you think that would actually be good for the game? Even as the worst prize, someone could get 28 5* champs from one difficulty of a single side quest. Or if they got lucky and used lockpicks, they could obtain at least 4 6* Awakening gems. They could even get 14 6* hero crystals from a single difficulty. I don't really want to imagine rifts like this because I can't imagine the chaos of the game afterwards.

Not saying I wouldn't like a few more interesting jackpots, but dang, this is the equivalent of imagining an AOL selector for a day of emergency maintenance.
  • CirrusCirrus Posts: 86
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    yuw said:

on the plus side, they give you 4 keys, so that's 1350x4=5400 6 star shards guaranteed for me

There's 4 lock picks for sale in the store for 200 units ..
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Yes I enjoy rifts
    Cirrus said:

yuw said:

There's 4 lock picks for sale in the store for 200 units ..
    Whom no one even bothers to touch
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

Everyone remembers mutant treasure island as absolutely every side event since then gets compared to it. What most people forgot though is it was bugged in the players favor. Kabam decided to leave it bugged in players favor which led to easier and more rewards.

Of course a side event that had rewards bugged in users favor was great, but Kabam messed up by leaving it bugged in users favor because now every side event since then people compare it to the rewards bugged mutant treasure island which is not a fair comparison.

This is also why Kabam is likely hesitant on bringing back mutant treasure island as they know they will get flooded with complains on rewards not as op as first go around.
    Did they leave it bugged though? Lots of people got banned for exploiting the bug and kabam fixed it iirc.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I absolutely despise rifts
    More RNG for my account which already is screwed up by RNG.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Yes I enjoy rifts
    Graves_3 said:

Did they leave it bugged though? Lots of people got banned for exploiting the bug and kabam fixed it iirc.
    Yes they did, you are thinking of a different side event where that happened, can't remember the name. So many people went so quick and hard on mutant treasure island and there was still backlash about the bans from the side event you mentioned that they left it as is, bugged in players favor, for entire side event.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Yes I enjoy rifts
    The rewards are meh but it feels nice rolling the dice knowing nothing is at stake. I like it
  • CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    The rewards aren’t worth it, especially when 3 runs takes you to the exact same path, the worse rewards…besides a pin a week, we have to pay units and these nodes are getting ridiculous. 10 hit combo meter gives you a “permanent” cruelty buff (that’s the permanent that is taken when struck), and a 10 hit combo meter causes you to miss for 3 seconds 🤦🏼‍♀️ What’s the point??! The little, big headed champs are the only appeal this rift has.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    Auce said:

The rewards look like they are 4 years old.

I wouldn't say they are that bad all things considered. It's just the fact that you can get screwed over massively that I hate
  • IonGamingIonGaming Posts: 34
    I have horrible luck in these kinds of Events that’s why I hate them
  • Setanta77Setanta77 Posts: 49
    As an uncollected player, I always welcome the opportunity to complete the EPIC side quests. I enjoy the format too. Strategizing (for shards, rank up materials etc) is a massive part of the fun for me in this game. Anything that makes me plan even a little bit more is highly enjoyable.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    It's the 7 times that makes me dislike it last month we only had 2 paths to do instead of 7 even though it had more fights
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    Lpoo said:

I’d rather have the store to choose rewards, or have much better path rewards

Edit: also, what’s the point of the 5* shards? Give us a 5* featured crystal on a path or a dual crystal.

100% agree, the only reason im ok with it is for the Black Iso Store trade-in update.
  • TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 229 ★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts
    There's no jackpot reward on any path in this month's event. I remember several years ago, in the month when Namor being introduced in the game, the rift had 2k 6* shards or 5* AG or 5* featured. That's what it supposed to be to be worth the RNG.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    They cost energy and more often than not I end up getting a resource I didn’t need. I like side quests a lot more when you either get to choose your reward each time or you get a little bit of everything.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    318Chubz said:

NO!!!

I hate rifts, they suck — too much RNG, and the rewards are lackluster.

Imagine if LEGENDARY RIFTS 7 portals were…

1. T5 Basic
    2. T2 Alpha
    3. 10K 5* Shards
    4. 5K 6* Shards
    5. 10% T5 Class Selector
    6. 5* Generic Gem
    7. 6* Class Gem

I WOULD BE SUPER EXCITED TO DO RIFTS!!!

That's too much Demand
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Yes I enjoy rifts
    I don't mind them. Once upon a time I did spreadsheet's to detail my 'luck' in which paths it 'randomly' choose to send me down [these day's I can't be bothered].

I always found I had a reasonably fair outcome at the end of month, similar to the rewards I would have got in other styles of side event quests. Although I do appreciate some people will have much worse 'luck' and not be happy.

One thing I do like about these as well is the ability to earn a 'token' of some sort [in this case a lockpick], which guarantees a path to a reward you want. And even though more 'tokens' are behind a Unit paywall, there is an option to spend some excess units to guarantee rewards I choose. It's not particularly cheap, and some people have said bad value per unit, but it's giving an option to basically purchase some items you need with units [albeit by completing the fights]. That is not an option we see in this game anywhere near enough!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts

rewards arent good enough for the rng aspect.

Ditto this.

Dr. Zola
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★

I really love when surveys like this pop up about monthly content, it's a nice barometer about how players are feeling about content were releasing into the game. The only issue is that the choices presented in this survey are inherently spurious. The available answer essentially boil down to:

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Bigger No
    4) No opinion

Player run surveys like this are really informative for us. But, when the answers are built to portray one opinion, or instead drive players to one opinion, it gets messy trying to parse the actual feelings of players towards the content.

In short: Thank you for the feedback its important to us. Make sure when you are crafting a survey that you provide a diverse set of options for players to choose from.

I would suggest changing functionality on the forum polls if it allows people to make polls in a way you don't like.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts

I really love when surveys like this pop up about monthly content, it's a nice barometer about how players are feeling about content were releasing into the game. The only issue is that the choices presented in this survey are inherently spurious. The available answer essentially boil down to:

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Bigger No
    4) No opinion

Player run surveys like this are really informative for us. But, when the answers are built to portray one opinion, or instead drive players to one opinion, it gets messy trying to parse the actual feelings of players towards the content.

In short: Thank you for the feedback its important to us. Make sure when you are crafting a survey that you provide a diverse set of options for players to choose from.

My opinion is that RNG sidequests are terrible. I literally only need t6b and t3a (just to give perspective on where my account stands). I know those resources should not be included at this time, but I really don't need 5* shards or other 5* resources. Guess what I pulled in my first 7 runs? You got it!
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    No I don’t enjoy rifts

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Bigger No
    4) No opinion

Ok then...