**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

P.S.A. - Black Cat and Scorpion will be the start of the new rebalance program!!

Comments

• Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I know that champs like super skrull would have benefited from rebalancing, but I'm just really glad that kitty and herc managed to avoid it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    KaLikOT said:

Lpoo said:

It’s just scary know that any new champion you pull will be “balanced” six months after it’s released. Even if it ends up being executed perfectly there will now always be a fear factor that isn’t healthy.

Dislike the rating system too, a lot of Champions have similar utility ratings to quake without having close to her level of utility. Don’t think it’s a good metric to balance off of.

These reasons and the slow buff program are my dislikes. I am looking forward to champs being useful if they weren’t initially.

I think this is the point that makes me more anxious, and I can't believe that Kabam is confident that featured crystal sales won't be heavily influenced by the rebalancing program. Knowing that Black Cat and Scorpion are subject to the program, who would be willing to shell away their own money for something that is not guaranteed?
    So, I get where this is coming from, but literally every Champion released ever has been open to rebalancing, and many of them have been. This is no different, it's just now finally formalized and gives players more say in the process. We've had to adjust Champions shortly after release many times, and if anything, this should give you MORE confidence in the fact that a Champion that isn't as good as expected is going to be buffed to be better.

I will say this again, if this program had been in place for the last year, there would have been significantly more Buffs than nerfs.
    Rebalances should be done before champions are offered for real money. Your "rebalance" program has convinced me to never buy featured cavs again. If it happened last year, I wouldn't have bought any last year either. It could be 99.9999% buffs and I still wouldn't have confidence in Kabam getting it right.
    That's virtually impossible with the way this game operates. They're not testing for months and months on an automated server. There is data that can only be collected from the multitude of situations that come from live game play. It's an ongoing and ever-changing process, and it's been this way as long as the game has existed. It's not an end-user program that we purchase.
    Mr. GroundedWisdom can you give an example of a data that can only be collected in live gameplay but not on beta servers?
    Can you create a beta atmosphere that replicates thousands of Players in various scenarios?
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    In regards to the new rebalance program, it’s interesting to compare the new ideology:

“ We also want to take this opportunity to clear up some misconceptions that have been floating around:
    These ratings are based on Data collected from multiple sources in-game. Your opinions may vary on individual Champions, but we are going to portray these ratings in relation to some of the most competitive content in-game, and won't be able to take individual or niche cases into account.
    Champion Synergies are not accounted for in these Ratings. While Synergies can certainly make Champions more powerful (I'm looking at you Cable and Apocalypse), we want these to represent the Champion as is.”

Which seems to be the opposite of how they evaluated Invisible Woman:

At this time, we have no plans to make changes to Invisible Woman. We are going to wait to see how the full force of the Fantastic 4 Synergy and future changes to Alliance Wars have on her.”

I wonder why they don’t care about synergy anymore. Since that’s clearly the case, it would seem IW is ready for her rebalance since they were only holding off to see how (now irrelevant to the program) synergies influenced her value.
    Guytennis said:

In regards to the new rebalance program, it’s interesting to compare the new ideology:

“ We also want to take this opportunity to clear up some misconceptions that have been floating around:
    These ratings are based on Data collected from multiple sources in-game. Your opinions may vary on individual Champions, but we are going to portray these ratings in relation to some of the most competitive content in-game, and won't be able to take individual or niche cases into account.
    Champion Synergies are not accounted for in these Ratings. While Synergies can certainly make Champions more powerful (I'm looking at you Cable and Apocalypse), we want these to represent the Champion as is.”

At this time, we have no plans to make changes to Invisible Woman. We are going to wait to see how the full force of the Fantastic 4 Synergy and future changes to Alliance Wars have on her.”

I wonder why they don’t care about synergy anymore. Since that’s clearly the case, it would seem IW is ready for her rebalance since they were only holding off to see how (now irrelevant to the program) synergies influenced her value.

They said they were going to wait and see. They didn't guarantee she was getting reworked.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

It’s just scary know that any new champion you pull will be “balanced” six months after it’s released. Even if it ends up being executed perfectly there will now always be a fear factor that isn’t healthy.

Dislike the rating system too, a lot of Champions have similar utility ratings to quake without having close to her level of utility. Don’t think it’s a good metric to balance off of.

These reasons and the slow buff program are my dislikes. I am looking forward to champs being useful if they weren’t initially.

I think this is the point that makes me more anxious, and I can't believe that Kabam is confident that featured crystal sales won't be heavily influenced by the rebalancing program. Knowing that Black Cat and Scorpion are subject to the program, who would be willing to shell away their own money for something that is not guaranteed?
    So, I get where this is coming from, but literally every Champion released ever has been open to rebalancing, and many of them have been. This is no different, it's just now finally formalized and gives players more say in the process. We've had to adjust Champions shortly after release many times, and if anything, this should give you MORE confidence in the fact that a Champion that isn't as good as expected is going to be buffed to be better.

I will say this again, if this program had been in place for the last year, there would have been significantly more Buffs than nerfs.
    So…….. these 2 are or are not part of this rebalancing thing ?? Would be nice to get a clear answer.
    Yes they are. It was already announced.
    You are not kabam. You’re more like spam.

Where is this announcement from kabam ?? Post a link

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/298622/delaying-champion-attributes-and-champion-balance-updates#latest
    They pushed it back to after omega Sentinel. It was announced then.
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

They said they were going to wait and see. They didn't guarantee she was getting reworked.
    I never said it was guaranteed. They said this:

Her damage is lower than average, possible causes of this are that her baseline stats are too low, and that she has a higher than average skill requirement to play.
    Damage mitigation is good in some modes, but not in others.
    She’s performing very well as a defender.
    We will wait to see the effect that Mr Fantastic and his Synergies have on her performance.

But now, the new program is based on solo performance, not synergies.
    Is that not something people have been asking for? As far as I can remember, people wanted changes and not Synergy "quasi-buffs".
    edited April 2022
    Further to that, changing Synergies doesn't go over well here either. RE: HE and Herc.
    They made it clear they would be applying the new system to Champs moving forward. You would have to ask them their reasoning.

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

So…….. these 2 are or are not part of this rebalancing thing ?? Would be nice to get a clear answer.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/298622/delaying-champion-attributes-and-champion-balance-updates#latest
    Yeah, I looked and looked and couldn't find it either. Someone posted a "supposed" link where it was announced, but no where in that thread was it stated they were subject to the balancing program. I mean, I know they don't have the best track record here, but this is extremely poor communication.
    Of course you can’t find it. Kabam hasn’t said anything since early march, but that’s not stoping a certain websnatcher from lying and saying it was announced.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300777/champion-attributes-live-on-scorpion-black-cat-and-more/p1
    You were saying?
    Guytennis said:

They made it clear they would be applying the new system to Champs moving forward. You would have to ask them their reasoning.

They rarely have reason.
    There's always a reason for things, whether people agree with it or not.

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

Yeah, I looked and looked and couldn't find it either. Someone posted a "supposed" link where it was announced, but no where in that thread was it stated they were subject to the balancing program. I mean, I know they don't have the best track record here, but this is extremely poor communication.
    Of course you can’t find it. Kabam hasn’t said anything since early march, but that’s not stoping a certain websnatcher from lying and saying it was announced.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300777/champion-attributes-live-on-scorpion-black-cat-and-more/p1
    Let's see:

A warm greeting, a refresher on what their attributes system is, them clearing up what misconceptions there may be. The establishment that they applied this attribute system to Scorpion and Black Cat.

No words about Scorpion and Black Cat being part of the rebalance system.

Try again.
    READ. THE. TITLE.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    @TheKiryu Do you think that post by Kabam was conclusive about them being the kickoff for the rebalance program? I only call you out because this whole post started off because of your video that I saw.

EITHER WAY.... I just wanted people to know that Black Cat and Scorpion were confirmed to be part of the program since there was so much uncertainty about it.

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

Let's see:

A warm greeting, a refresher on what their attributes system is, them clearing up what misconceptions there may be. The establishment that they applied this attribute system to Scorpion and Black Cat.

Try again.
    READ. THE. TITLE.
    Have you?
    "Champion Attributes: Live on Scorpion, Black Cat and More!"
    Are you expecting hieroglyphics?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    KaLikOT said:

KaLikOT said:

Lpoo said:

Rebalances should be done before champions are offered for real money. Your "rebalance" program has convinced me to never buy featured cavs again. If it happened last year, I wouldn't have bought any last year either. It could be 99.9999% buffs and I still wouldn't have confidence in Kabam getting it right.
    That's virtually impossible with the way this game operates. They're not testing for months and months on an automated server. There is data that can only be collected from the multitude of situations that come from live game play. It's an ongoing and ever-changing process, and it's been this way as long as the game has existed. It's not an end-user program that we purchase.
    Mr. GroundedWisdom can you give an example of a data that can only be collected in live gameplay but not on beta servers?
    Can you create a beta atmosphere that replicates thousands of Players in various scenarios?
    Im pretty sure they can add thousands of players in beta.
    Not enough. Not every one is going to be playing in the same intensity and same content and realestic rankups in beta

KaLikOT said:

KaLikOT said:

Lpoo said:

Im pretty sure they can add thousands of players in beta.

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

Let's see:

Try again.
    READ. THE. TITLE.
    Right, it says champion attributes are live on Black cat AND MORE. Nothing about rebalance
    The question was whether it was announced they were included. The answer is yes. Nothing has been said about even needing to rebalance them yet. The program includes all Champions starting them on.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    Ok let's just agree to disagree and move on please and thanks.

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

Let's see:

Try again.
    READ. THE. TITLE.
    Have you?
    I actually don't expect anything from you really.

Despite being made in the same announcement, they made attributes and rebalancing distinct from one another.

Once again, try again.
    Rebalancing has ALWAYS been a part of this game. As Miike pointed out, Champions have always been reviewed and monitored for potential need to rebalance. This isn't anything new. What they're doing is implementing a system that will inevitably show us what they're looking at and what their goals are. That's it. It's just another approach to what they've been doing all along.
    Not sure why you're pointing out the difference between attributes and rebalances, but nowhere was it said either one of them needs rebalanced yet.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★

caustic said:

Lpoo said:

Let's see:

Try again.
    READ. THE. TITLE.
    Have you?
    I actually don't expect anything from you really.

Despite being made in the same announcement, they made attributes and rebalancing distinct from one another.

Once again, try again.
    Rebalancing has ALWAYS been a part of this game. As Miike pointed out, Champions have always been reviewed and monitored for potential need to rebalance. This isn't anything new. What they're doing is implementing a system that will inevitably show us what they're looking at and what their goals are. That's it. It's just another approach to what they've been doing all along.
    Not sure why you're pointing out the difference between attributes and rebalances, but nowhere was it said either one of them needs rebalanced yet.
    That doesn't answer the question. You gave an answer based on an ambigious comment.

Curiously enough it's from a completely different post than what you claimed was proof that Scorpion and Black Cat would be rebalanced.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Did they? When I read the thread titled “An Update to Balancing in MCOC” the second sentence says the two will coincide. Then when they reannounce the attribute system going live they also talk about balancing champions while linking the original thread in again The second sentence.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Did they? When I read the thread titled “An Update to Balancing in MCOC” the second sentence says the two will coincide. Then when they reannounce the attribute system going live they also talk about balancing champions while linking the original thread in again The second sentence.
    When they talk about them coinciding, they mean that they will work side by side, not as one. If they worked as one, then all the champs that they just gave attributes to would imply that they would all be subjects to rebalancing at the next possible opportunity.

I could be wrong but the way I see it is that they announced both at the same time so the whole buff process would be streamlined from their view. But even then attributes are just there to show a champ's uses albeit that they tend to be inaccurate. In reality it's just for show but I feel it was also put in place to compliment the program by highlighting the changes.
    I get something different when reading the thread. Here are a couple highlights.

“So, let's talk about the future of Balancing and our ever-evolving initiative to educate Summoners about the nuances of The Contest and visualize that information in-game.

Enter: MCOC’s Brand New Ability Rating System!

One huge piece of feedback we have received from a wide range of Summoners is that currently, it's hard to know what is and what is not intended when it comes to Champion Balance. This can cause confusion amongst the player base when Champions behave in new or peculiar ways.

Starting in March, we will be adding a brand new 5-Point Ability Rating System to all Champions in the game.”

“This is where the new rating system comes into play: Using these new ratings, we will compare live data of the characters to the original goals in the ratings and if needed, balance the Champion based on the difference between the new and old data.”
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    A million players will provide better data than a handful of developers.
This discussion has been closed.