Specials which are safe on block
So I may or may not be doing a frame data analysis of the game at a later date to see just how technical we can get that depends on if I have the time, however special attacks which are safe on block is a fun topic to delve into.
- Human Torches L1. You can throw this at any distance whilst the opponent is blocking and not only is it safe, but it builds a smoulder and with 2 or more incinerates (or nova flames) will do the same damage it would do it it hit, so if anything you WANT to throw this whilst the opponent blocks
- Winter Soldier L2. A common theme on this list is long projectile based specials, and where better to start then the most famous, Winter Soldiers L2
- Green Goblins L1. You know it, you hate it, and if you don’t you’re crazy.
- Quakes specials during aftershock. A little cheesy one here but technically if you have a concussion on the opponent and somehow a special attack, you can throw it into the block and you’ll instant evade which is neat. (Can be useful on certain nodes where you build power but don’t want to, I think I’ve used this trick once but can’t remember where)
- Iron Man IW L1. Now of course this thing is unblockable, however if you whiff it, the long projectile range and the recovery speed from the special (very fast) this thing can make this move safe on block (obviously if you’re under 15% everything you do is safe on block)
- Kitty Pryde L1. This one I’m less sure of but I’m pretty sure that this can be thrown into the block and, due to the knockback, Kitty Pryde can in fact block straight away and not get hit
- Hit moonkë L1 and 2. The L1 places you on the other side of the screen at the end and the L2 knocks back as well. Not safe if dexed which is good but absolutely safe on block so if you are partial to losing out on all your damage with this guy go for it.
- Sorcerer supreme L1. Safe to spam into block, couples well with her block penetration and high power gain meaning if you’re in a pickle you can let this rip a couple times and give yourself time to breathe. Not to be confused with the L2 which is VERY unsafe
- Apocalypse L1. Once again, projectile knock back
- Silver surfer L1. You think projectile knockback but no, in fact the last hit of his special is not a projectile if actually counts as a physical hit, so there’s something fun
- Professor X L2. Now the L1 is safe from a certain range but not up close, however the L2 can be thrown pretty close to the defender even when it’s not unblockable and still leave you safe. This is complemented by his funky dodge animation which can let him avoid hits other champions would have definitely taken and his falter mechanic AND his unblockability during mind control, you have to do something spectacular to throw an unsafe special.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on