**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Using AW rewards as justification is pretty bad, especially since the catties were only available to Master (top 20) until this season

I can see requiring 2… but 3 only really caters to top top .01% of MCOC

And as a warning, any Paragon deals on July 4 better not be insanely higher than TB (like the difference between Cav and TB is now)

But that's exactly what this title is intended for right out of the gate. It's meant for those who don't have much if anything other than high tier AQ and AW. it's not meant for someone that isn't at that point yet.
    Choosing to be in a lesser tier and aq rank shouldn’t come with penalties as well. If someone has everything done, didn’t buy unit offers at all they could still be short on prestige required to play in higher tier alliances for alliance quest. They may not have the time for high tier alliance wars or perhaps not the stress of dying or the skill needed for it.

2 r4s is an acceptable requirement because then it only requires a person to play the game and not hope for good rng or play with 29 other high caliber players.

I’m not going to leave my alliance of 2 years to chase after some more t6bc and t3a to get another r4 before the title release. No other content left, I can’t physically “work” on anything. No goals to set. So the option is if I want this title I have to leave friends.

And in the end, it won’t matter. R4 materials will become more prevalent as time goes on. Making people stress over it is ridiculous. Just my thoughts
    But that's the whole point. You don't have to leave or change anything because there will be other ways to get R4 mats. Some of us just won't be Paragon on day 1.
    And that’s okay not to be on day 1, it makes no sense to have a requirement that they don’t include the materials for just playing the game. It’s a bad sign imo, not “end of the game” sign. It’s just a poor way to deal with people and creating content. Honestly, act 7 should have had enough materials for a r4 plus the gem. Then we wouldn’t be having this conversation, but kabam imo shorted the players on materials for this content. That is where my gripe really lays, if they want to require something it should be in the game not for units, not for level of war/aq tier & not for how much someone spends. If we had 2 r4s from completing act 7 and another from carina challenges, all these complaints become moot.
  • Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    DNA3000 said:

Skiddy212 said:

Oh here we go🤦🏻‍♂️. At the end of the day, no matter the requirements people were going to complain about them.

I’m sure thronebreaker had the same backlash.

Wrong
    Everything you needed for TB was in available in content at title launch.
    That is a huge difference.
    He's not wrong. Thronebreaker had a huge backlash. And saying this time there's a huge difference is not unique, because that was exactly what people said about Thronebreaker as well. And I'll say the same thing now I said back then: people said the same thing about Cavalier: this time it is different, this time it has requirements that never existed before, this time it is paywalled. Literally everything they said about Thronebreaker, they said about Cavalier. Only somewhat louder.

The same thing is going to happen with Paragon. And the same thing will happen with Paragon after it launches: about six months later people will be telling complainers to get over it, and spend more time getting the stuff you need to get the title than complain about not having the title.
    I'd be curious to understand how that works for them on the sales perspective. Is this motivating players to spend? I was looking to spend cash on July 4th and some other offers, but the fact that I'm not getting the maximum return for my money, really pushes me away. It is like an instant devaluation of my currency, it also instead of keeping it up with the "value" at TB, that value needs to be reduced so the the top offer is more appealing.

In my "old business mentality" you want to make your products as much available as you can to your target audience, but I always fell that something like this isn't really targeting well the target audience, since the separation between TB and the new title, isn't really that big, so you can divide clearly that audience
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Jorn said:

Congratz on making this game even more Pay 2 win. This is Just BS and a shout out 2 alle the players that play this game because they like it. Playing all the arena Just 2 pass all those game modes. But no, Lets us reward the 'lagacy' players that spend 1000s and give Them even more benefits.🤣🤣 #all about the money.

For exemple. People like Brian grant deserves this. But all you do is make IT even more Pay 2 keep up.

#nosense

30K Units is a totally ftp Youtuber who has 3 R4s. It's possible.

Also, to be fully transparent...I don't have any R4s yet. But I'm fine with working my way to it. Just as I'm fine with other players being upset about not meeting the requirements on Day 1. To each his own. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
  • CycobillyCycobilly Posts: 23
    Gmonkey said:

Werewrym said:

Available day 1 to everyone, and available day 1 to those who have spent units or $$$ on offers are not the same thing, just FYI… I’m fine with the progression title but let’s not pretend this is just readily available to anyone who has completed all content and competes in top alliances.

You can grind units
    JhonST33 said:

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Roster strength is a better indicator than just having completed Act 7 now.
    Is funny that you said that players, us, want this kind of limitations to obtain progression titles, I wonder what kind of players you ask for this.
    Also you said that if you have exolored or completed all game content (this is rigth), you play high tier AQ (this is great to) and if you purchased the act 7 exploration bundle (this is bad, this is a coward way to you don't admit that this title is make for you greater wallets), maybe if you said at beginning of the act 7. 4 the weird requirements many of us will be purchased the bundle but for many of us just a random rank 4 was enough and don't spent on this bundle cause was expensive.
    Did you 100% complete act 6 before the nerf? If you did you would understand why. That content sucked, it was not fun it required super niche counters and was hated. So it is not content based but more roster based which makes sense.

Gmonkey said:

Werewrym said:

Available day 1 to everyone, and available day 1 to those who have spent units or $$$ on offers are not the same thing, just FYI… I’m fine with the progression title but let’s not pretend this is just readily available to anyone who has completed all content and competes in top alliances.

You can grind units
    JhonST33 said:

Jaded said:

Idk why progression titles have to be tied to rank ups. Bad form to continue this trend imo.

Because we can no longer tie them to Story Content without significantly raising the difficulty again, and that's not what players want. They are not just a random reward, but a differentiator for where Players are in-game, what content would be a challenge to them, and what rewards they need to move forward.

Is funny that you said that players, us, want this kind of limitations to obtain progression titles, I wonder what kind of players you ask for this.
    Also you said that if you have exolored or completed all game content (this is rigth), you play high tier AQ (this is great to) and if you purchased the act 7 exploration bundle (this is bad, this is a coward way to you don't admit that this title is make for you greater wallets), maybe if you said at beginning of the act 7. 4 the weird requirements many of us will be purchased the bundle but for many of us just a random rank 4 was enough and don't spent on this bundle cause was expensive.
    Did you 100% complete act 6 before the nerf? If you did you would understand why. That content sucked, it was not fun it required super niche counters and was hated. So it is not content based but more roster based which makes sense.

Right! That was actually challenging content. Original champion fight with available champs was tough. No doom, sym supreme etc. as well as just being a lot harder. Dexing 5 times, more nodes and higher health pool.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    3 6* R4😭😭😭😭
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★

Jaded said:

Early advanced rosters aren’t an indication of a players progression, they’re an indication of advanced spending, specifically during the gifting event, and I’m sure spring cleaning coming up.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Going to agree with @Demonzfyre although @BitterSteel has argued it the best.

This is cutting edge progression title, available to only those at the very, very top. For everyone else, you'll need to wait until they turn the taps on, on r4 materials.

What I don't understand, is why is this an issue that's it's not immediately available to free to play players?

It's an odd expectation.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 232 ★★★
    I still haven’t pulled 10K 6* shards from daily TB crystal. No rush after al this time.
  • BendableThumbBendableThumb Posts: 14
    I really hate the champ rank requirements for this. Very lame Kabam.
    Instead of looking at it as being punished for not completing everything and being in high tier ally, look at it as reward to those who have. Kabam doesn’t want to lose those players to boredom or stagnancy.

Even the hales that keep the game going. I used to despise them but now I appreciate them. They keep the lights on for the rest of us. And as someone said earlier every progression title was obtainable via unit man. And I’m fine with that. It gives you something to work towards.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Oh this should be fun

Was it fun the last time around? Or the time before that?

Actually, maybe a little.
    Absolutely
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Using AW rewards as justification is pretty bad, especially since the catties were only available to Master (top 20) until this season

I can see requiring 2… but 3 only really caters to top top .01% of MCOC

And as a warning, any Paragon deals on July 4 better not be insanely higher than TB (like the difference between Cav and TB is now)

But that's exactly what this title is intended for right out of the gate. It's meant for those who don't have much if anything other than high tier AQ and AW. it's not meant for someone that isn't at that point yet.
    Then introduced new WAR TITLE 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Taking alliances as factors heavily into deciding the SOLO CONTENT TITLE don't make any sense. This is progression title. It's meant everybody but if the basics are gated behind spending and justification is made on grounds that Players must be in high tier Aq and Aw 😕😕😕😕 if I am not wrong there's difference how player will play 7.4.6 and how one will play AW t3 . I thought the fundamentals were kind of different 🤔🤔 So i have completed Gauntlet,SOP and explored 7.4 but don't have enough material to r3 4 6 star champs cuz I didn't WHALED GIFTING EVENT, I DIDN'T PURCHASED THAT SO SUDDENLY IMPORTANT 7.4 10K UNIT DEAL( "DIDN'T PURCHASED").
    So for the solo content I am at 100% but what I lack is Spending and be in 0.1% of player base engaged in ALLIANCE MODES for the PROGRESSION title of solo mode 😶😶😶😶😶 Interesting
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    JChanceH9 said:

Jaded said:

Early advanced rosters aren’t an indication of a players progression, they’re an indication of advanced spending, specifically during the gifting event, and I’m sure spring cleaning coming up.
    Completing Act 7 isn't an indication of a player's progression either by that standard. Because everything in this game is acquirable through spending, nothing is an indication of progress.

Except that's not how this game works. We judge progress by what you do, and building roster is a part of what you do. You accept that spending can replicate in-game achievement, or you don't play progressional games as a service supported by microtransactions, because that's fundamentally how virtually all of them work.
    DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

When we said that this is for those that have done everything, we meant it!

"When we said that this is for those that have spent on everything, we meant it!"

corrected it lol

I've done everything and i"m nowhere near 3 Rank 4s. not even close to 2 LOL but then i don't spend like the folks who would have 3+ rank 4 six stars. oh well.

Completed all of the Story Content in-game
    Completed all of last year’s Summer of Pain objectives
    Completed Carina’s Challenges (Volumes 1 and 2),
    Plays in a higher tier competitive Alliance

Which of these do you fulfil?
    So if people aren’t in t1 wars we don’t deserve the new title? Lol
    On day one? Honestly, probably not. The players who have done everything and are playing in the highest tiers of competitive play (or alternatively are paying to keep the lights on for everyone else) have to have some advantage in the game, and time has always been their primary advantage. They get things before everyone else does. If you don't do T1 wars, you still deserve to get the new title. Eventually.
    That’s bs 😂. I haven’t missed a single new progression title in the game since they introduced them with uncollected. I’ve played in t2 wars and top 20 alliance quest in the past but choose to not do it now to play with friends. Isolating a new title around what tier war we play in is a bad way to present the game.
    They aren't isolating anything. You don't have to be in a T1 alliance to get Paragon. You don't have to do war at all to get Paragon. You just won't have it today.

BS is thinking you deserve everything immediately regardless of how you play in a progressional game as a service. BS is thinking there should be no advantages beyond what you personally do. BS is thinking that the players doing more than you should only get what you think they deserve to get.
    How are they doing more then me? I do war tier 3, they don’t do “more” then me. Maybe harder but not more. I do map 8 everyday in aq. So how are they doing more? Or are you saying they are spending more? So then you are saying this title is geared towards those spending more then me. Gotcha. Still bs
    I'm in tier 12. Why do you get more alliance war rewards than me? You aren't doing more. Maybe harder, but not more.
    Why does someone with more experience earn more than someone with none? The rewards for war have always been based on skill level. And yes I guarantee t1 war players do way more. to begin with the war planners in our ally spend hours each war planning out our attack plans. Look up some youtubers that do or have down war planning.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

lIPowerIl said:

Wow Great timing to demotivate players like us. Yes I am not in High tier Aw ( P3 currently) and Aq( top 100). Have done all the challenges except Carina which I am working my way on. So F2Ps or players who don't spend money straight up screwed. There's difference between making said resources available slowly than having thake resources available only locked behind skill wall.
    TB came when people could achieve it without spending money. Because content had enough to give you one.

But 3 r4s is total bs. Because If this new event is like Summer of pain then only very few people will get benefit from that title and it's exclusive objectives. Now remember how much gap there was between CAV rewards and TB rewards due to the point and objective system. But I coud understand that as game still offered to get you TB title with your skills and content availability.
    But this new one does not give at all.it straight up BS to say have 3 r4s but when realistically players like me have at most 2 r4s at hand.
    Exclude the deals and look at the all events and content till now. There's no way F2ps and very low spenders have chance to have 3 r4s anytime soon.

I know now some people jump at me saying that SPENDERS DESERVE SUCH ADVANTAGE BLA BLA BLA BLA. In reality it's rich getting richer with really no scope for other players to catch up. let me clear one thing, don't say that people will get r4 materials eventually etc etc. It's still rarest resources ( not including gifting event and 10k unit deals)in game and it will not be available in big chunks. And if this new event as I said structured like SOP, it will be a straight slap to players like me as like SOP, we may get some chunk of r4 material ; after the event ends. I am still hopeful how that event turns out. But as usual it's kind of predictable how it will come out .
    Constant bugs, lags, Aw controversy and now this.

I don't understand how this is demotivating at all. It would be if it's something you could NEVER achieve but that's not the case here. You might not be Paragon day 1 but just like all other progression titles, you'll get there once you catch up.

You said it yourself, you don't high tier AQ and AW. That's not on Kabam and they can't just make a title to fit your individual needs or your personal requirements.
    Why aq and aw matters progresion titles all the time was story based
    Did you read the announcement? This title is aimed at those who are done 100% and are playing at the top currently. If you want more R4 materials, they are in the high brackets of AW and top 45 rewards for AQ.

Read everything in the post. Most of you are cherry picking stuff and getting mad about it.
    Does that mean you won’t get the title? You know because you still haven’t explored act 6.
    No, that's not what that means at all because that's not what is part of the title requirements. They are aiming to give this title to those that have done everything 100% and are in high AQ and AW FIRST. No different than any of the other titles that were released. UC was whoever could beat the collector first and everyone back then called that title a money grab.

I'll be Paragon without having explored Act 6 and I am okay with that but I know I won't be Paragon the day it's released.