**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Disable pausing in new Battleground mode

Right now people can pause for guaranteed 15k match points since they'll remain at 100% Hp once the match ends, or can be exploited to get a good opening damage on the enemy and then play it safe and pause.

Comments

• Options
    ZurafaZurafa Posts: 52
    I think pausing is fine, but if you don’t finish the fight after pausing then all health bonus should be loss (think bg said that too). Another issue currently is even if you quit the fight at the start you keep all health bonus, I actually won a Match against beroman because I ended up rage quitting the fight (which I’m not proud of) but further proves how much of an issue that is, quitting the fight should 100% be instant loss.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★

Right now people can pause for guaranteed 15k match points since they'll remain at 100% Hp once the match ends, or can be exploited to get a good opening damage on the enemy and then play it safe and pause.

• Options
    Zurafa said:

I think pausing is fine, but if you don’t finish the fight after pausing then all health bonus should be loss (think bg said that too). Another issue currently is even if you quit the fight at the start you keep all health bonus, I actually won a Match against beroman because I ended up rage quitting the fight (which I’m not proud of) but further proves how much of an issue that is, quitting the fight should 100% be instant loss.

I think that could be a good way to detour people trying to abuse pausing.
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 166
    if you get an opponent to almost zero health and then pause right before opponent is about to get to an sp3 that would knock out all your health, it definitely makes a difference in winning or losing
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I am good with this being changed somehow. How about:

Allow one pause per match. Pause last only 15 seconds. Fight timer is also paused.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Idk, maybe the timer should be more of a tie-breaker as opposed to points.
    Order of importance, in my opinion, should be:
    A> If player quits fight, auto-lose
    B> Points go to player that successfully KOd the defender
    (If both champs did, or if neither did move onto the next structure of points)
    C> Remaining HP of attacker/defender
    D> If all above is tied, then the timer should act as a tie-breaker just like it does in war

It doesnt make sense to me that in rounds I KO'd their defender, but have lower hp remain, yet they werent able to drop my defender and they beat me because of health, thats not right.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    He guys... Pausing isn't the issue. Right now you don't have to pause to "cheese this". If you just quit the fight... the same thing happens (and in fact you get to save up to 2 minutes of time depending on how long your opponent takes to do theirs).

Borrowing from above

A> First player quits fight, auto-lose
    B> If one player KO's defender, and the other doesn't, the player who KO's the opponent wins.
    (If both champs did, or if neither did move onto the next structure of points)
    C> If get this far, then add up 5*(1-%defender health left) + (percent attacker health left), most points wins
    D> If all above is tied, then ... and only then use time as next tie breaker
    e> if all the above is its a tie. Scoring systems have ways to handle rating points and such, but I would ask that in these very rare circumstances that the players be refunded their energy cost OR not have the fights count towards needing to recharge champions.

Also, if you really want to spice these things up: I would consider allowing synergies. If you want to draft Heimdal onto your 7... then hey you have a small advantage. This could make for some more creativity in deck building