**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This is mathematical impossible

mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 β˜…β˜…
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I only need 1.400 T5CC frags to get my first R3...so I used money, bought Sigil, used ressources + 2 sidequest key's so I could open up 12 2% T5CC fragment crystals...if just 2 of them were skill I would have a fully formed T5CC.
Not a single skill fragment, not one... there's 6 different classes in the game, if I didn't know better, I would say that there's some kind of algorithm that "keep an eye on what we need"...yes it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it really doesn't make sense to me how it's possible... I have a pretty logic thinking and I really think that this is mathematical almost impossible...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, in the last week I opened 2 6*, 3 5*, and 3 Nexus crystals (with chance of 6* and 5*)... nothing but 3* and the crappiest 6* and 5*....but with 200 champ's in the game, I think that it's pretty hard to get the good champs...but I must say that it seems like the droprates these days (including arena crystals) seems off..

So I wanted to hear if I'm just unlucky or if anybody else also has experienced this?

Sorry for the english spelling.
Β«1

Comments

• mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 β˜…β˜…
    Noobda said:

Never let kabam know your next move.
    If you want cosmic t4cc , pretend like you want tech t4cc or some other class and the crystal will give you cosmic t4cc πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
    That's how kabam works for me lol. I trick them into their own game. They won't ever give you the thing you want man πŸ˜‚.

(I know its RNG but it still works for me lmao)

Hahaha I like it πŸ€£πŸ‘
    Lormif said:

mortenhy said:

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I only need 1.400 T5CC frags to get my first R3...so I used money, bought Sigil, used ressources + 2 sidequest key's so I could open up 12 2% T5CC fragment crystals...if just 2 of them were skill I would have a fully formed T5CC.
    Not a single skill fragment, not one... there's 6 different classes in the game, if I didn't know better, I would say that there's some kind of algorithm that "keep an eye on what we need"...yes it sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it really doesn't make sense to me how it's possible... I have a pretty logic thinking and I really think that this is mathematical almost impossible...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, in the last week I opened 2 6*, 3 5*, and 3 Nexus crystals (with chance of 6* and 5*)... nothing but 3* and the crappiest 6* and 5*....but with 200 champ's in the game, I think that it's pretty hard to get the good champs...but I must say that it seems like the droprates these days (including arena crystals) seems off..

So I wanted to hear if I'm just unlucky or if anybody else also has experienced this?

Not mathematically impossible
    Okay thanks mate πŸ‘
    Malreck04 said:

Lormif said:

mortenhy said:

not particularly unlikely either, if I haven't screwed up then the probability of not getting at least two skill drops out of twelve is about 38%
    So what you are saying is that I should have gotten at least one skill frag? Sorry if I misunderstood what you wrote.
    A3G0N said:

That's Kabam RNG for you. My ally mate needs 1 Cosmic T4CC and opened 33 Crystals, not a single Cosmic dropped.

Exactly what I'm experiencing.
    mortenhy said:

A3G0N said:

That's Kabam RNG for you. My ally mate needs 1 Cosmic T4CC and opened 33 Crystals, not a single Cosmic dropped.

Exactly what I'm experiencing.
    And it just seems a little off right?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kabam flag accounts in the forum that question drop rates, use the word nerf or use big words like mathematics and flag their account to make sure they don't get what they want ingame*

*no they don't, the above is purely in jest but it's what I would do.

Kabam flag accounts in the forum that question drop rates, use the word nerf or use big words like mathematics and flag their account to make sure they don't get what they want ingame*

*no they don't, the above is purely in jest but it's what I would do.

LOL imagine if that was the reality 🀣... I'm pretty sure they don't flag anything, but sometimes it really feels that way when playing the game...but I guess all of us at some point have this frustrating feeling when we don't get what we need...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2022
    The first R3 is always the hardest one to get. Who do you want to rank up?

The first R3 is always the hardest one to get. Who do you want to rank up?

The one and only Molegod
    Only need 1.400 frags
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    mortenhy said:

Malreck04 said:

Lormif said:

mortenhy said:

not particularly unlikely either, if I haven't screwed up then the probability of not getting at least two skill drops out of twelve is about 38%
    So what you are saying is that I should have gotten at least one skill frag? Sorry if I misunderstood what you wrote.
    No, the likelihood of getting 1 is higher but never guaranteed, even in an infinite number of evens just like yours
  • KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 β˜…β˜…
    A3G0N said:

He should be happy... he got 58 cats from 33 crystals ;) That's a 25 cats "bonus" ;)
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Drop rates in EVERYTHING in this game, are for individual items. If you open 100 crystals and the drop rate of something you re after is, say, 10%, it is not 100% sure that you ll get it, each and every of these crystals have a 10% chance to it, this doesn't add up to the bunch.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kabam does not have an algorithm that reads your mind.

I sometimes get what I want, but not always.

You had bad RNG, that’s all.
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136 β˜…
    My math may be wrong here, but the odds of not getting any skill catalysts out of 12 crystals is just β…šΒΉΒ², as there is a β…š chance that you don't get skill, and it simply needs to happen 12 times in a row. That makes it around an 11% chance of happening, which isn't actually as unlikely as I had originally thought.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    you just can’t say it out loud
  • There was very little math to test in this post
    Lormif said:

mortenhy said:

Malreck04 said:

Lormif said:

mortenhy said:

No, the likelihood of getting 1 is higher but never guaranteed, even in an infinite number of evens just like yours
    Ohh I see.. thanks mate, I appreciate the information πŸ‘

Kabam does not have an algorithm that reads your mind.

I sometimes get what I want, but not always.

You had bad RNG, that’s all.

I hope you didn't take it seriously about "reading the mind thing", it was supposed to be ironic..my bad if it didn't come out that way.

My math may be wrong here, but the odds of not getting any skill catalysts out of 12 crystals is just β…šΒΉΒ², as there is a β…š chance that you don't get skill, and it simply needs to happen 12 times in a row. That makes it around an 11% chance of happening, which isn't actually as unlikely as I had originally thought.

Interesting, thanks..in my head.. I'm not a mathematician, I somehow thought that with 6 different classes, 12 crystals..the odds of not getting a single skill frag was almost impossible... thanks for the info mateπŸ‘

Kabam's answer to everything is RNG. That's a kraken's butt load of ****. They have exact algorithms in place to screw your progress. Can you imagine that I have not been able to pull even 10 T4 Mutant CC in a year while I've more than 10 champs that I need to rank up.

Oh yes I can imagine that my friend 🀣.. unfortunately.

There was very little math to test in this post

Yes I agree... I thought I was using logic, but at least I learned something new...that it's all random.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 β˜…β˜…
    Noobda said:

Never let kabam know your next move.
    If you want cosmic t4cc , pretend like you want tech t4cc or some other class and the crystal will give you cosmic t4cc πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
    That's how kabam works for me lol. I trick them into their own game. They won't ever give you the thing you want man πŸ˜‚.

(I know its RNG but it still works for me lmao)

Now they know, you should have kept it secret, tell us when you open those crystals next time LOL