**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What champion class do we need more of in game

BlueWolf209BlueWolf209 Posts: 48
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
What Champion Class would players like to see more of added to the game
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I personally want more Cosmics and Mutants.

My roster is still missing a lot of great 6* mutants and cosmics. I’d rather have more of those champs available than say Tech, Science, or Skill, where I have all the top options already ranked in those classes
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    a solid 3rd of the champs in the game could be argued to be other classes then what they are.

How is falcon not skill? Wasn't Kamala Khan born on earth when inhumans were already here... I'd say she is less cosmic than Karnak.

The fantastic 4 got all their powers from the power cosmic, so why are they all science?

How is Spiderman not a mutant... he literally was bit by an animal, and mutated to gain its powers.

need I go on?

Fortunately/Unfortunately Karnak "duel class" was a failed experiment... I'm glad Kabam didn't pursue it... but let's face it... lots of things in this game are picked to be mechanisms of game (have some even distribution among classes)... or are for sales purposes (please give me any other reason why prestige exists / how the numbers are chosen).
  • BlueWolf209BlueWolf209 Posts: 48
    I personally think we need more tech & Science in game
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

My first reaction is Tech by a wide margin. The problem is who is left to add?

We already have three versions of IM, two versions of Ultron, and two versions of Vision (not counting SIM and Aarkus over in Cosmic), while Civil Warrior, Iron Patriot, Silver Centurion, and War Machine are just IM variants with different operators.

Whiplash? Spymaster (probably more skill anyway)? Constrictor? Beetle? These aren’t exactly A-Listers, or even B-Listers, and I don’t see anyone clamoring for them.

And why was Scorpion put into Science? It’s a guy in a suit (at least the original Mac Gargan version).

Face it, Tech options are so dire that they brought in Psycho-Man, who has roughly a dozen comic appearances over 50 years.

I would look at Jocasta, Machine Man, and wizard first. Then convince themselves to use forge as tech, since despite the fact that he is a mutant, this mutation is just in the form of utilization of technology.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 314 ★★
    Skill and Tech
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

I would look at Jocasta, Machine Man, and wizard first. Then convince themselves to use forge as tech, since despite the fact that he is a mutant, this mutation is just in the form of utilization of technology.

I thought about all of the ones you mentioned (except Forge, but I love your reasoning for him being Tech).

MM could be cool, especially with the telescoping limbs. Sort of like a Tech Mister Fantastic.

Wizard doesn’t have any really flashy abilities or gadgets, so he might be hard to pull off.

Not sure about Jocasta, who is just “female” Ultron.

How about Trapster/Paste Pot Pete?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    I think there are all kinds of champions that could qualify as tech. I mean, only looking over Spider-Man villains we have:

* Shocker
    * Prowler
    * Alistair Smythe and his Spider-Slayers
    * Hobgoblin
    * Chameleon
    * Jack O'Lantern
    * Beetle

However, to answer OP's question: I think I would like to see more cosmic and mystic champions. I feel like those are the two classes that I shy away from the most whenever a Class Nexus comes around. Both classes have several great champions but there are just so...many...duds. I'd like to see the classes evened out a bit.

Lovejoy72 said:

I thought about all of the ones you mentioned (except Forge, but I love your reasoning for him being Tech).

MM could be cool, especially with the telescoping limbs. Sort of like a Tech Mister Fantastic.

Wizard doesn’t have any really flashy abilities or gadgets, so he might be hard to pull off.

Not sure about Jocasta, who is just “female” Ultron.

How about Trapster/Paste Pot Pete?
    That would be super interesting, though I think they would end up using some of the same functions as Kraven, with his penchant for adhesives.

I wonder how they would do something like the super adaptoid?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

And why was Scorpion put into Science? It’s a guy in a suit (at least the original Mac Gargan version).

He's not tech because it's not just the suit. Mac Gargan was experimented on in a project financed by J. Jonah Jameson when he wanted to create the ultimate Hunter for Spider-Man.

The suit at most gives him a tail to whip around but the wall crawling and secondary abilities are all him.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

To those that say no more mutants, yall do realize over half of all marvel characters are indeed mutants, right?

I have no clue how accurate this statement is, but from a game balancing perspective I wouldn't consider it relevant. Why have 6 classes if one is insanely overstocked (in terms of quality and quantity)?
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    I think a cool option to add for Tech would be Rom Space-Knight.
    That being said, Mutant and Science seem to need a new champion less than the others.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    35 - Science
    37 - Skill
    37 - Mutant (goldpool, platpool & Wolverine x not included)
    41 - Cosmic (Thanos not included)
    33 - Tech (Ultron OG and Kang not included)
    30 - Mystic (Unst. Collossus, Scarlet Witch sigil, Immortal Iron Fist not included)

So actually Mystic Needs some the most, then Tech
  • BlueWolf209BlueWolf209 Posts: 48

We already have three versions of IM, two versions of Ultron, and two versions of Vision (not counting SIM and Aarkus over in Cosmic), while Civil Warrior, Iron Patriot, Silver Centurion, and War Machine are just IM variants with different operators.

Whiplash? Spymaster (probably more skill anyway)? Constrictor? Beetle? These aren’t exactly A-Listers, or even B-Listers, and I don’t see anyone clamoring for them.

Face it, Tech options are so dire that they brought in Psycho-Man, who has roughly a dozen comic appearances over 50 years.

Kabam could add These champions

All probable tech class
    Danger
    Jocasta
    Machine man
    Recorder 451
    Jimmy Robotface
    Crimson cowl
    Fantomex
    Death’s head
    Death’s head 2
    Stark sentinel
    Tri-sentinel
    Sentinel X (Shogo Lee)
    Punisher war machine

Just to name a few
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Etm34 said:

I personally want more Cosmics and Mutants.

My roster is still missing a lot of great 6* mutants and cosmics. I’d rather have more of those champs available than say Tech, Science, or Skill, where I have all the top options already ranked in those classes

The mutants you're missing, are they yet to be added to the game or already in the game? And how does adding more mutant help you with the current missing mutants you're hunting for. Shouldn't you be more interesting in picking them now before more is added to the pool. And if the introduce more mutants you don't like you'd still have the same problem.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★
    Here's a tech yall forgot, deathlok.
  • PerfectExamplePerfectExample Posts: 30

a solid 3rd of the champs in the game could be argued to be other classes then what they are.

How is falcon not skill? Wasn't Kamala Khan born on earth when inhumans were already here... I'd say she is less cosmic than Karnak.

The fantastic 4 got all their powers from the power cosmic, so why are they all science?

How is Spiderman not a mutant... he literally was bit by an animal, and mutated to gain its powers.

need I go on?

Fortunately/Unfortunately Karnak "duel class" was a failed experiment... I'm glad Kabam didn't pursue it... but let's face it... lots of things in this game are picked to be mechanisms of game (have some even distribution among classes)... or are for sales purposes (please give me any other reason why prestige exists / how the numbers are chosen).

Fantastic 4 didn't get their power from the power cosmic and mutants are born with powers, Spider Man was not.
    OzFearUs said:

I think a cool option to add for Tech would be Rom Space-Knight.
    That being said, Mutant and Science seem to need a new champion less than the others.

I had near the whole run as a kid. In fact, it was reading that run that I was first introduced to forge, who I cited previously as a possible tech edition. If they could add rum and a Dire Wraith at the same time that would be amazing. And probably the first time most people have ever heard of either, lol.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Some champions are too OP that if they do end up as champions in MCOC.. I feel I'd be depressed cause they will be underwhelming compared to the Marvel comics or MCU.. lest we forget, the characters are in MCOC so they may possibly be milk duds..

NF is somehow better than Thanos
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

Anything but Mutant

Noooo. More Mutants!

But seriously, Mystic and Tech.

Skill was worthless 2 years ago except for Aegon, Nick and a few above average champions and I'm really glad with the way they went to buff the class and make it relevant again.