**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pain is Eternal! The Eternity of Pain starts on May 11, 2022!

Comments

• GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    DRTO said:

I guess "Spring of Pain" didn't sound too catchy or scary and calling it "Summer of Pain 2" is too early so they had to choose a different word

But Eternity implies the event never ends, no?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

wait im confused. So the whole event technically lasts what 23 or so weeks. 4 5 week events then add the 3 1 week breaks. Am i correct?

“Week 5” is 3 weeks long, then a 1 week break. That means it ends June 29 then resumes July 6. It’s an 8-week cycle of it keeps that pattern.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

H3t3r said:

wait im confused. So the whole event technically lasts what 23 or so weeks. 4 5 week events then add the 3 1 week breaks. Am i correct?

“Week 5” is 3 weeks long, then a 1 week break. That means it ends June 29 then resumes July 6. It’s an 8-week cycle of it keeps that pattern.
    Oh ok. Thanks!
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Interesting. This is going to be a point based event. Paragon players will have access to more points. They don't really say how many points it will take to get the max rewards though. There's a (slim) chance it might not require all of them and Thronebreaker players may still have a chance. Hoping but not overly optimistic.

But I'm glad about the length of the events and also that there will be a reward payout prior to July 4th for those of us still looking for that boost to Paragon.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    LJF said:

Why is Kabam giving players who paid for Paragon (either with unit deals or the 10K unit 7.4 offer) these extra objectives so early and without offering the same opportunity to everyone? It would make sense if EoP came out in July or August after releasing additional content to create a third r4 6*. But by releasing Paragon only to a small handful and allowing only those players the opportunity to complete the extra objectives so soon, you're immediately punishing all players who completed all available content (which does not on its own give enough resources for Paragon).

Why label Paragon a "progression title" if it has no tie to game progression?

At the begin of paragon title announcement I was annoyed to, but when TB was released I was in the same situation, then our dear kabam begun to given us more resources to upgrade champs to rank 3 so eventually kabam will deliver more of this kind of resources.
    I'm agree with you, paragon will gain better rewards but basically they are who keeps the game free, there are alot of games in wich if you don't spent you'll be stacked at any point of the game and I guess Mcoc is not one of this 'cause those that spent spent a lot.
  • Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
    Could we please get an announcement regarding the rewards (or at least the R4 Material portion of the rewards) before the 10k Unit offer drops again? That way we could make a more informed decision as to whether or not it would make sense to buy the offer or to save the units for content.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Could we please get an announcement regarding the rewards (or at least the R4 Material portion of the rewards) before the 10k Unit offer drops again? That way we could make a more informed decision as to whether or not it would make sense to buy the offer or to save the units for content.

They were pretty clear when we would hear about these rewards. Now if they could just be more clear on when the deal will be returning then that would be nice.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    DRTO said:

I guess "Spring of Pain" didn't sound too catchy or scary and calling it "Summer of Pain 2" is too early so they had to choose a different word

Or maybe because it lasts a year and maybe beyond is why they named it eternity. Permanent difficult content is something a lot of players have been begging for for years. Hopefully rewards meet expectations
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    The fact that this lasts the rest of the year is HUGE. Means end game content for essentially 32 weeks straight….ish
  • n2obronxn2obronx Posts: 2
    paragon releases and already us cav players are being left out. hello UC players who were forgotten about aswell we have now joined the club with you guys
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

The purpose of them not giving the rewards is to incentive people to pick up the 10k offer. If you don't know the rewards you won't want to miss out.
    5k 6* shards and a neon Green pfp!

Neon Green pfp?! I'm in!

If it'll run 4 times a year, my best guess is you can get enough materials to R4 a single 6* champion by finishing two cycles. So 6 months/one R4.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★

Rillian said:

The purpose of them not giving the rewards is to incentive people to pick up the 10k offer. If you don't know the rewards you won't want to miss out.
    5k 6* shards and a neon Green pfp!

Neon Green pfp?! I'm in!

If it'll run 4 times a year, my best guess is you can get enough materials to R4 a single 6* champion by finishing two cycles. So 6 months/one R4.
    Your math is off 2 cycles is 16 weeks which is roughly 4 months not 6.
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★

Well that would contradict the whole point why the rewards will not be disclosed earlier. At the end units can always be purchased 😂
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    I'm quite disappointed that Thronebreakers already will be missing out on Paragon content, even though its probably only a small difference in rewards. My guess is, that most TB would be able to do the Paragon solo objective as well. The frustrating thing about this, is that I don't know when I'm gonna be able to rank that 3rd and final 6*.
    That being said, I'm actually glad to see that the major whales, spenders and more skilled players get something in return.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

Calling it now, we'll have to face a beefy Nimrod with only a mutant.

Bishop:- Hold my gun
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,206 ★★★★★

Shepard69 said:

I'm entirely fine with Paragon and the requirements. I was day 1 TB and it didn't really matter until Cyber Monday and content wise it took much longer for it to be relevant.

This is the exact opposite of that. TB could also be achieved by running map 7 with mods. But to get r4 materials you need to run map 8 AND be in the literal upper echelons of the AQ ladder which is another huge difference.

Also having an expectation (they actually didn't to begin with but had to add this afterwards as damage control) of a player to buy the 10/12k deal is frankly, a bit daft. It's a quite small percentage of the playerbase who engage in these deals and an even smaller percentage who fork up the money to buy the units to then buy the deal.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be a mess but Kabam have literally been monetizing more and more otherwise f2p things such a feeling green event, Deadpool april's fool event/love juice etc - so this wouldn't be out of line.
    Gotta make those Q1 numbers look better

It's almost like the title was aimed at a small percentage of the playerbase for day 1.
    You're not wrong. Guessing the rewards for this event, one of the reason to force a new title is to gate r4 mats for cavs.